frogsrangers
    Zackary > Angelito
    frogsrangers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5421

Go BIG on TCU tonight

TCU is the better team and it will show. Don't be fooled by Texas Tech's 2 wins over bad teams.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Looking at game myself
    Frogs might lean your way

ChalkyDog
    Buy the ticket, take the ride.
    ChalkyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

The bit I've seen of Tech, they've looked average at best.

Brock Landers
    Forever in Debt to your Priceless Advice
    Brock Landers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8792

Tcu has been very underwhelming so far...

Boykin? Ehh

SamDiamond
    SamDiamond's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

Help me out.

Who has TCU beaten?

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

I don't like TCU myself but the Pinny lean agrees with you, which is a big reason I am not betting Tech as of now.

jjgold

Does Tech have a good home field advantage??

Fred The Hammer
    Fred The Hammer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8383

I was on SMU fairly big vs the true freshman and kid coach at TT and they beat me down. I'm kind of leaning Jets +20 & TT +10 tonite although Bengals SU is prob easier if you can wait til Tues to collect. Have to play a little TT ML too....Lubbock is all jacked up over Klingsbury or whatever his name is.

Fred The Hammer
    Fred The Hammer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8383

Quote Originally Posted by ChalkyDog View Post
    I don't know? SMU is no world beater but they've made 3 bowls in a row I think and TTs QB threw for 3-4 tds and ran for 1 in his first game.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

I went ahead and bet Texas Tech +145 ML. One of us will win frost. Good Luck!

BroncosBettor
    BroncosBettor's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 120

I agree that TCU is the better team but something about the Tech quarterback that scares me. He has looked great but as everyone already mentioned, it's been against lesser competition. Big step up tonight in competition for the Red Raiders. They could be a live home dog but I think TCU will be too tough in the trenches, where football games are won and lost.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

were you not the guey who said the same thing about Pittsburgh against FSU?

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

TCU has shown me nothing, and now are back to playing musical QB's again with Pachall out. T-Tech is playing very well now. New HC Kingsbury has instituted a lot of passion and excitment into the team and the fans. This is a statement game for T-Tech. A win here and it is a very good possibility that they start the season at 6-0 or better. I like T-Tech plus the points.

jjgold

Home team or nothing for me

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    TCU has shown me nothing, and now are back to playing musical QB's again with Pachall out. T-Tech is playing very well now. New HC Kingsbury has instituted a lot of passion and excitment into the team and the fans. This is a statement game for T-Tech. A win here and it is a very good possibility that they start the season at 6-0 or better. I like T-Tech plus the points.
    It's not musical QBs. The better QB now gets to start. Boykin outplayed Pachall in both games and should have been starting because the offense was moving and putting up points with him leading the charge.

I don't know if my alma mater (TCU) wins or not, but Tech is a one dimensional offense already with no steady running game. With Boykin, TCU should be able to control the clock a bit better with a good mix of run/pass. If the D gets pressure on the young QB, I'd expect some mistakes and a good chance for TCU to win.

ChalkyDog

Classic situation for me.

Home dog vs a team missing a big piece.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPhan36 View Post
    It's not musical QBs. The better QB now gets to start. Boykin outplayed Pachall in both games and should have been starting because the offense was moving and putting up points with him leading the charge.

I don't know if my alma mater (TCU) wins or not, but Tech is a one dimensional offense already with no steady running game. With Boykin, TCU should be able to control the clock a bit better with a good mix of run/pass. If the D gets pressure on the young QB, I'd expect some mistakes and a good chance for TCU to win.
    If, as you say, the "better" QB now gets to start, why did he NOT start in game 2? Tech is averaging over 142 yards on the ground this season. While they primarily depend on the pass (they are currently ranked #2), you cannot overlook their running game. Tech-s running game is averaging more yards than TCU's. TU's offense leaves something to be fesired and their defense has not played that well. TCU is going to have to show a lot of imporvment in the Big 12. This is not the MWC, or WAC.

EaglesPhan36

I'm not Gary Patterson, so I can't answer the question on why Pachall started. It seemed pretty damn obvious that he had nothing in the LSU game and Boykin ignited the offense. I think he has a bit of a blind allegiance to Pachall or maybe felt obligated since he stuck with him through the whole rehab deal last season.

Maybe it's unfair of me to say Tech is totally one dimensional - how about they have to prove they can run on FBS defenses. All their rushing stats came from the SFA game where theu gouged them for 237. SMU held them to 48 yards on 27 carries.

TCU's offense IMO has shotty numbers due to Pachall playing half of both games. If you look by the #s once Boykin got into the game, they were productive. It's not just a simple thing where you can look at the numbers overall and generalize IMO. They scored 38 points in the two halves combined that Boykin was on the field as the QB and moved the ball well.

SamDiamond

Did you guys break down the TCU-Southeastern Louisianna game?

TCU had 400 yards of total offense, and SE Louisianna had 339.

SELA had over 200 yards rushing against TCU, and the score at half was 17-14.

Southeastern Louisianna.

And I'm supposed to be impressed with TCU.

Listen, TCU may roll Tech by 4 scores. But there is no data available that anyone can point to that would make TCU the pick.

TCU got whacked around by LSU, and they struggled for 3 quarters against SE Louisianna.

crustyme
    dont i look killer?
    crustyme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

when a $12 bettor says go big, does he mean $14?

Marigold HD
    Marigold HD's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47737

Just taking the over here

SamDiamond

Quote Originally Posted by crustyme View Post
    when a $12 bettor says go big, does he mean $14?
    Points Awarded:

crustyme gave SamDiamond 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

DallasRedRaider
    DallasRedRaider's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 120

After watching both teams opening games, I think that texas tech is the better team here by a slight margin. Remember Texas Tech beat TCU last season without their best offensive player in Jace Amaro, they were also without Bradley Marquez. TCU's Boykin should give tech's defense fits though. I think this game is too close to call. I would stay away from this one

Ratpack
    Ratpack's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1789

i hear ya tcu has more experienced and as played better talent preparing them for this game. TT played cupcakes so they might not be prepared for this game.

EaglesPhan36

Quote Originally Posted by SamDiamond View Post
    Did you guys break down the TCU-Southeastern Louisianna game?

TCU had 400 yards of total offense, and SE Louisianna had 339.

SELA had over 200 yards rushing against TCU, and the score at half was 17-14.

Southeastern Louisianna.

And I'm supposed to be impressed with TCU.

Listen, TCU may roll Tech by 4 scores. But there is no data available that anyone can point to that would make TCU the pick.

TCU got whacked around by LSU, and they struggled for 3 quarters against SE Louisianna.
    The TCU-SELA game was a tale of two halves. Maybe it's Patterson's flaw not having his squad prepared to start or being quick enough to make adjustments before half time, but if you look at the 2nd half - they shut SELA down and got their offense flowing better with Boykin at the helm. Don't undersell SELA either, their QB who did a lot of the rushing damage was a D1 recruit for Oregon who transferred. They'll have to do a better job on Mayfield in that read-option, but last week was probably good prep against a more dangerous runner in Bennett.

I'm not betting the game myself because I only do 2nd halves. Certainly very difficult to know a lot after two games, but Tech certainly has not played very tough opposition. TCU played one solid team and an FCS squad they probably underestimated some.

bama11braves
    bama11braves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 772

what was boykin's record last year and what was pachall record when he was the qb? Short week, home game, vs teams second string qb? texas tech by 10. Kingsbury offense is the real deal, really impressed with what i saw out of them against SMU. take the points and run with it

KKoz9
    KKoz9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 114

Don't drink the tech kool aid, not in the same class as TCU.

TCU was within a score of LSU halfway through the 4th quarter...with the "backup" QB.

opie1988
    I have a MAJOR fukkin clue..
    opie1988's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1012

Quote Originally Posted by KKoz9 View Post
    Don't drink the tech kool aid, not in the same class as TCU.

TCU was within a score of LSU halfway through the 4th quarter...with the "backup" QB.

Tech not even close to TCU. The LSU game could have easily gone the other way. Let's not forget this team was an undefeated Rose Bowl champion two years ago.

Frogs are gonna beat the piss out of TTU.

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

EaglesPhan36

Is Andy Dalton still playing? Nice 2011 Rose Bowl reference LoL.

frostno98
    frostno98's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 648

TCU doesn't even belong in the BCS conference. Tech will handle them.

opie1988
    I have a MAJOR fukkin clue..
    opie1988's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1012

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPhan36 View Post
    Is Andy Dalton still playing? Nice 2011 Rose Bowl reference LoL.
    I wasn't saying Dalton is still playing, I was simply referring to the fact that TCU is a bigtime program, and has experienced bigtime success the past few years.

Oh....and using "LoL" in response to another guy makes you look quite gay. Lets stay away from that.

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

briedward
    briedward's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3395

I wouldn't follow Frogs on this one - he is biased for TCU since if memory serves me correctly, he went there.

EaglesPhan36

Quote Originally Posted by opie1988 View Post
    I wasn't saying Dalton is still playing, I was simply referring to the fact that TCU is a bigtime program, and has experienced bigtime success the past few years.

Oh....and using "LoL" in response to another guy makes you look quite gay. Lets stay away from that.

So do frosted tips.

Well aware of the school I attended and their status .. at least in football.

ChalkyDog

Think you're on the right side here Frogs.

Not going big, but I like TCU here.

MathewXB
    Update your status
    MathewXB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 552

I am feeling that the over is the play here. I have lived in lubbock for 21 years and Tech is known for putting up points when their backs are against the wall and giving up points when their backs are against the wall. So in turn the over seems like the most logical.

1234 Last