1. #36
    jay88
    jay88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 09-14-05
    Posts: 498

    You can get an offshore account in Panama, Costa Rica, Nicaragua and almost any place in central and south America without being a resident. You just get a SA (sociedad anonima, anonymous corporation) with your passport (I don't think you even have to fly to Costa Rica) and some lawyers here in Costa Rica will open up an account for you in any country.
    This accounts come with an international debit card and you can withdraw or use it anywhere in the world. You don't need to be a resident nor have an apartment nor any of that.
    If you want more detailed information shoot me a PM and I can give you the contact information for a few lawyers that can do that for you. They'll be able to explain how everything works, as far as I know it is not cheap and the price depends on the country and how "anonymous" do you want it to be.

    SBR Founder Join Date: 9/14/2005


  2. #37
    katstale
    katstale's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 02-07-07
    Posts: 3,751
    Betpoints: 12

    I have been focusing on Panama. Do we have any members playing out of there? Would love to communicate with you. Will be going there in 2 weeks to begin to establish bonafides.

  3. #38
    jay88
    jay88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 09-14-05
    Posts: 498

    Panama is the most common.. But if you want to hide from the IRS remember that they have Panama's banks controlled as if it was part of the USA... Sincerely you'll never be able to hide from the FBI or IRS but as long as you don't do anything stupid they wont even mind checking on you. If it is for gambling money and you are not a $500.000+ gambler any offshore account should work for you even here in CR.
    Now I'm not a lawyer so I don't know details, if you want PM me and I'll get you in touch with some friends of mine that are lawyers and I know they are really good setting up offshore accounts.

    SBR Founder Join Date: 9/14/2005


  4. #39
    vanzack
    vanzack's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 12-16-06
    Posts: 422
    Betpoints: 90

    Im not interested in hiding anything from the IRS or govt, I just want an account that I can freely transfer money to sportsbooks and also report all of my income properly to the IRS.

    In that light, I picked up the phone and called the caribbeans biggest bank today, First Caribbean Bank. They have branches in a lot of different islands including jamaica, caymans, bahamas, and about 10 others. I called about 5 different branches on different islands.

    The interesting thing is that they welcome Americans with open arms. All you need is proof of address, a copy of your passport, a bank reference, and a minimum deposit. The minimum varied from country to country but Jamaica was 5k, Antigua was 1k, and the Bahamas was 50K because they have a different currency and it is a bahamian law that usd accounts have 50k.

    You can do everything by mail and be set up with a checking account in a week.

    Now keep in mind, this is not an anonymous account or an IBC account. This is simply a checking account that is in a different country that is more friendly to gambling. This will an account for someone who is willing to disclose to any authorities that it exists, and for someone willing pay taxes.

    I suggest you google them and just call if you are interested.

  5. #40
    michael777
    michael777's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 09-20-05
    Posts: 1,559
    Betpoints: 3184

    van,thanks for the info

    SBR Founder Join Date: 9/20/2005


  6. #41
    Halo
    Halo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 02-12-07
    Posts: 172

    Getting the account is still only half the battle there is the part about proving your residence.

    1) Identification from new country of residence (they want a drivers license or passport)

    2) Utility bill with your new address (in most latin american countries this is actually harder to get than the id, you generally have to own property to get utilities in your name)

    3) Your new banking info

  7. #42
    vanzack
    vanzack's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 12-16-06
    Posts: 422
    Betpoints: 90

    Quote Originally Posted by Halo View Post
    Getting the account is still only half the battle there is the part about proving your residence.
    Thats if you want to bet at pinnacle or use neteller.

    Getting an offshore account does allow you to openly transfer funds without any problems.

    So it is not a perfect solution, but you will avoid any current or future problems like the neteller disaster.


  8. #43
    jay88
    jay88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 09-14-05
    Posts: 498

    If I'm not wrong the new gambling law or whatever you want to call it states that it is illegal to receive/send any money transaction related to gambling from/to a US citizen, so I don't know if having an offshore checking account under your name will be a solution. Even if your bank account is outside the US you are still a US citizen and if I'm not wrong it is illegal for any book or neteller to send/receive funds from/to you.
    I have no clue if an offshore account even under a Anonymous Corporation will solve the depositing/withdrawing problems, but I'm almost sure that it wont make any difference having an offshore checking account under your name.
    What I'm guessing is that if you have an offshore account under a SA (Anonymous Corporation) and you open an account in Pinnacle with you SA information (SA's Name, address, give your offshore lawyer phone number or something similar, etc) using an IP mask you should be able to send and receive money.
    At this point theoretically pinnacle is "legally" taking bets from a corporation in Panama (Costa Rica, Jamaica, etc..) and not from a US citizen. Now this might be completely stupid or it might be a solution.
    Probably Bill should know more about it than I do...

    SBR Founder Join Date: 9/14/2005


  9. #44
    vanzack
    vanzack's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 12-16-06
    Posts: 422
    Betpoints: 90

    Quote Originally Posted by jay88 View Post
    If I'm not wrong the new gambling law or whatever you want to call it states that it is illegal to receive/send any money transaction related to gambling from/to a US citizen, so I don't know if having an offshore checking account under your name will be a solution. Even if your bank account is outside the US you are still a US citizen and if I'm not wrong it is illegal for any book or neteller to send/receive funds from/to you.
    I have no clue if an offshore account even under a Anonymous Corporation will solve the depositing/withdrawing problems, but I'm almost sure that it wont make any difference having an offshore checking account under your name.
    What I'm guessing is that if you have an offshore account under a SA (Anonymous Corporation) and you open an account in Pinnacle with you SA information (SA's Name, address, give your offshore lawyer phone number or something similar, etc) using an IP mask you should be able to send and receive money.
    At this point theoretically pinnacle is "legally" taking bets from a corporation in Panama (Costa Rica, Jamaica, etc..) and not from a US citizen. Now this might be completely stupid or it might be a solution.
    Probably Bill should know more about it than I do...

    But if you get a corporate account, in the corporations name - can you get an account at pinny / neteller under a corporate name? I doubt it, but dont know.

  10. #45
    jay88
    jay88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 09-14-05
    Posts: 498

    If you call your corporation Bill Dozer SA, just sign up as Bill Dozer... I repeat it might be totally idiotic what I'm saying or it might be the easiest solution...
    Books like Pinnacle only care about you playing and as long as you don't try to cheat them they don't care if the account is under George Bush (in the case your SA is called "George Bush SA")...
    Of course do it only with books like pinnacle and not books that will try to find any reason not to pay you if you start winning. Anyways I would try to comment it pinnacle or any other "top" book "anonymously" before actually doing it.
    For a sportsbook it is illegal to receive a transaction from a US citizen, maybe receiving it from an offshore corporation will take any legal problem away from them, as long as you are not doing it from a US IP address (mask it with any decent software).

    The only other solution is to get any illegal Mexican, Colombian, Peruvian, etc in the US to open an account for you. It is totally legal for a sportsbook to take a bet and send/receive money to a non US citizen. Of course you would have the only access to the accounts with your private passwords. In that case the sportsbook is taking bets and receiving/sending money from/to "Juan Perez" and they are not doing anything illegal.

    This are only ideas on the top of my head... I have no clue if they might work or not...

    SBR Founder Join Date: 9/14/2005


  11. #46
    Starion
    Starion's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-12-07
    Posts: 128
    Betpoints: 48

    If your goal is to use Pinny, I think the best thing to do would just be to ditch whatever existing account you have and set up a new one. I don't know about anybody else, but they have never asked me to verify anything with them identity wise. There wouldn't be the need unless you're using debit/************ due to the fraud factor. Does pinnacle really give a shit who you are or where you come from? I don't think so as long as you're a good customer.

    The IP spoofing part is the only thing I see as a hurdle. Anybody got any good ideas to get around that one?

  12. #47
    vanzack
    vanzack's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 12-16-06
    Posts: 422
    Betpoints: 90

    Quote Originally Posted by Starion View Post
    If your goal is to use Pinny, I think the best thing to do would just be to ditch whatever existing account you have and set up a new one. I don't know about anybody else, but they have never asked me to verify anything with them identity wise. There wouldn't be the need unless you're using debit/************ due to the fraud factor. Does pinnacle really give a shit who you are or where you come from? I don't think so as long as you're a good customer.

    The IP spoofing part is the only thing I see as a hurdle. Anybody got any good ideas to get around that one?
    Dial up or vpn.

    Only way.

    Dial up is seriously the best and most sure way to go.

  13. #48
    vanzack
    vanzack's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 12-16-06
    Posts: 422
    Betpoints: 90

    Quote Originally Posted by Starion View Post
    If your goal is to use Pinny, I think the best thing to do would just be to ditch whatever existing account you have and set up a new one. I don't know about anybody else, but they have never asked me to verify anything with them identity wise. There wouldn't be the need unless you're using debit/************ due to the fraud factor. Does pinnacle really give a shit who you are or where you come from? I don't think so as long as you're a good customer.

    The IP spoofing part is the only thing I see as a hurdle. Anybody got any good ideas to get around that one?
    Its not that easy though. How are you going to pay and get paid?

    If by checks, then they will be sent to your made up address.
    If by Neteller, neteller will require passport copies etc.

  14. #49
    pags11
    pags11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 08-18-05
    Posts: 12,264

    vanzack, you are the man...

    SBR Founder Join Date: 8/18/2005


  15. #50
    offshorecompany
    offshorecompany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 09-25-11
    Posts: 1

    gambling offshore company

    Quote Originally Posted by Halo View Post
    Does anyone use an offshore account like in the Cayman Islands or Switzerland to use as their betting bank account? I am getting punished this year on taxes for gambling gains and I was just thinking about keeping my betting winnings elsewhere so I would not hit as bad.
    For gambling gains, bingo, casino, sport bet I recommend offshore bank account in Cyprus or Mauritius and offshore company in Costa Rica

    Regards

First 12
Top