1. #71
    C-Gold
    C-Gold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 09-04-10
    Posts: 6,808
    Betpoints: 608

    Chalky gives you some solid advice by here is my 2 cents for a 23 year old on a budget.

    1. Like they said, shop shop shop on the discount websites. Try Orbitz, Expedia, Hotwire, etc. they all have different deals for the same rooms. When I am going to Vegas I am basically a free agent, I'll stay where ever the best deal is.

    2. If you are going NOW, then don't stay at the LVH. Why? No pool. No pool means no pool parties and no hot California girls drunk and flirty wearing next to nothing. You'd be a fool to go to a hotel without a pool.

    3. For your age and your price point I'd target MGM Grand, Treasure Island, Mirage, Planet Hollywood, the Flamingo for location, Luxor, Harrahs. Bellagio, Wynn, Caesars, Venetian, Palazzo , Mandalay Bay and maybe the Paris won't be in your price range and the crowds will be a little older. I personally probably wouldn't want to say at the Stratosphere, Tropicana, Circus Circus, maybe not even ex caliber. MGM might be a little too high priced for you, if it is TI, Planet Hollywood would be good for the money for your age.

    4. Night life depends on your music/style. I like gambling and drinking before I hit up the night life.

    5. Don't get too drunk during the day.

    6. I agree with Chalky. There are drunk losers walking around but it's nothing like the ghetto but also nothing like the suburbs.

  2. #72
    frogsrangers
    Zackary > Angelito
    frogsrangers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 04-26-12
    Posts: 5,792
    Betpoints: 5067

    Quote Originally Posted by C-Gold View Post
    2. If you are going NOW, then don't stay at the LVH. Why? No pool. No pool means no pool parties and no hot California girls drunk and flirty wearing next to nothing. You'd be a fool to go to a hotel without a pool.

    3. For your age and your price point I'd target MGM Grand, Treasure Island, Mirage, Planet Hollywood, the Flamingo for location, Luxor, Harrahs. Bellagio, Wynn, Caesars, Venetian, Palazzo , Mandalay Bay and maybe the Paris won't be in your price range and the crowds will be a little older. I personally probably wouldn't want to say at the Stratosphere, Tropicana, Circus Circus, maybe not even ex caliber. MGM might be a little too high priced for you, if it is TI, Planet Hollywood would be good for the money for your age.
    Pools will close for the season soon. LVH has a pool, just not as good as other places.

    Tropicana has been redone and isn't bad. It's a lot nicer now. With that being said, the demographic there does skew a lot older, and gay. But its a step above Luxor/Flamingo/Harrah's/Bally's IMO now. Would put it on same level as Treasure Island. Here are the tiers of strip hotels you listed(the tier above Circus Circus, etc., but below Wynn, etc.)

    Luxor, Flamingo, Harrah's, Bally's
    Treasure Island, Tropicana
    MGM Grand, Planet Hollywood
    Paris, Planet Hollywood, Mirage

    Also can't stand MGM Grand as a hotel, casino is one thing but staying there sucks. It's too big, and resort fee is too high.

  3. #73
    C-Gold
    C-Gold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 09-04-10
    Posts: 6,808
    Betpoints: 608

    Ranger

    That's my point. If you go now go to one with a pool before it is too late.

    In your tier system in tier 1 Luxor has the worst location but I think they always have a lot of young people.
    I haven't seen the re-done Tropicana but the old Trop was a dump.
    MGM is way better than PH in my opinion. I'd put MGM on the same tier as Paris/Mirage but I think it is better than any of them due to the pool.

    For his budget I'd say Planet Hollywood and TI are good bets for him. Yeah TI isn't as nice as some of the other hotels but every person in that pool is 30 or younger and they are all in the same situation with money.

    Plus if you stay center strip like that you are near malls and food courts and can have cheap eats if you want. People think the Luxor looks cool from the outside but the rooms are crap.

  4. #74
    DrStale
    DrStale's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 12-07-08
    Posts: 9,692

    Quote Originally Posted by C-Gold View Post
    Ranger

    That's my point. If you go now go to one with a pool before it is too late.

    In your tier system in tier 1 Luxor has the worst location but I think they always have a lot of young people.
    I haven't seen the re-done Tropicana but the old Trop was a dump.
    MGM is way better than PH in my opinion. I'd put MGM on the same tier as Paris/Mirage but I think it is better than any of them due to the pool.

    For his budget I'd say Planet Hollywood and TI are good bets for him. Yeah TI isn't as nice as some of the other hotels but every person in that pool is 30 or younger and they are all in the same situation with money.

    Plus if you stay center strip like that you are near malls and food courts and can have cheap eats if you want. People think the Luxor looks cool from the outside but the rooms are crap.
    I stayed at the Trop last year and it was really nice. Probly head back this year.

  5. #75
    jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 07-20-05
    Posts: 394,888

    anywhere very late at night you have to be on your toes for various reasons
    Going to Vegas to get drunk is HS and college shit

    You go to Vegas to relax, maybe gamble some, walk around, eye up women

    As far as women you need to put yourself in position to get laid, being drunk does not work

  6. #76
    mcaulay777
    mcaulay777's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 09-13-10
    Posts: 1,610
    Betpoints: 15336

    Great advice by everyone. Vegas especially the Strip has past me by turning 50 in November. My Family is having a reunion at the Mandalay Bay Thanksgiving weekend so that will be my last visit to the strip. I was there in August been going to Vegas since I was 12 with my parents and Las Vegas and the strip is way to young and hip. The Strip is really now for the young. When I go to Vegas after Thanksgiving for now on I will stay at the Southpoint or the Fiesta Henderson I usually stay there 90percent of the time anyway, it is cheap and a off the strip.[plus the Southpoint Café has the best Chinese food I have ever tasted outside of lotus Garden in Covina California] For the first time ever I felt really uncomfortable on the Strip stayed at The Mirage and just walking around with the Latinos flipping the cards around me all the Young people drinking and whooping it up and partying I just felt out of place for the first time ever. The Strip is differently for being under 30.I still love some of Las Vegas the heat the Mountains scenery, just not the strip the only time I will see the strip now is when I take my usual night drive from Sahara down to the southpoint on Vegas Blvd or when I go to Ellis Island to get the Best Micro brew in Vegas. Besides the Julius Caesar display inside the Forum shops has not worked in 10 Years so no reason to go to Casers Palace anymore. They used t have the best cheeseburger's ever at that little food stand where Pure Nightclub is now and Westward Ho for those Huge Hot Dogs and 99 cent Shrimp Cocktails and Strawberry Shortcakes.

  7. #77
    InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 11-23-09
    Posts: 23,985
    Betpoints: 526

    chalker dominated this thread

    potm material (sorry lkid)

  8. #78
    frogsrangers
    Zackary > Angelito
    frogsrangers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 04-26-12
    Posts: 5,792
    Betpoints: 5067

    Quote Originally Posted by mcaulay777 View Post
    Great advice by everyone. Vegas especially the Strip has past me by turning 50 in November. My Family is having a reunion at the Mandalay Bay Thanksgiving weekend so that will be my last visit to the strip. I was there in August been going to Vegas since I was 12 with my parents and Las Vegas and the strip is way to young and hip. The Strip is really now for the young. When I go to Vegas after Thanksgiving for now on I will stay at the Southpoint or the Fiesta Henderson I usually stay there 90percent of the time anyway, it is cheap and a off the strip.[plus the Southpoint Café has the best Chinese food I have ever tasted outside of lotus Garden in Covina California] For the first time ever I felt really uncomfortable on the Strip stayed at The Mirage and just walking around with the Latinos flipping the cards around me all the Young people drinking and whooping it up and partying I just felt out of place for the first time ever. The Strip is differently for being under 30.I still love some of Las Vegas the heat the Mountains scenery, just not the strip the only time I will see the strip now is when I take my usual night drive from Sahara down to the southpoint on Vegas Blvd or when I go to Ellis Island to get the Best Micro brew in Vegas. Besides the Julius Caesar display inside the Forum shops has not worked in 10 Years so no reason to go to Casers Palace anymore. They used t have the best cheeseburger's ever at that little food stand where Pure Nightclub is now and Westward Ho for those Huge Hot Dogs and 99 cent Shrimp Cocktails and Strawberry Shortcakes.
    Good post, I can see your point of view

  9. #79
    C-Gold
    C-Gold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 09-04-10
    Posts: 6,808
    Betpoints: 608

    Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    anywhere very late at night you have to be on your toes for various reasons
    Going to Vegas to get drunk is HS and college shit

    You go to Vegas to relax, maybe gamble some, walk around, eye up women

    As far as women you need to put yourself in position to get laid, being drunk does not work


    I am sure those hot California girls like a fat, old, bald, crazy, New Jersey guy with a small rooster and a funny accent follow them around and look at them LOL.

  10. #80
    C-Gold
    C-Gold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 09-04-10
    Posts: 6,808
    Betpoints: 608

    Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    anywhere very late at night you have to be on your toes for various reasons
    Going to Vegas to get drunk is HS and college shit

    You go to Vegas to relax, maybe gamble some, walk around, eye up women

    As far as women you need to put yourself in position to get laid, being drunk does not work
    Maybe gamble some LOL.

    I am a degenerate gambler that makes 5+ plays per day for the last 20 years. I am going to Vegas. I might gamble. MIGHT.

    Key word is might. Otherwise I might just follow young girls around and look at them.

  11. #81
    Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 10-17-07
    Posts: 52,073
    Betpoints: 492

    Quote Originally Posted by InTheDrink View Post
    chalker dominated this thread

    potm material (sorry lkid)
    Lol,

    No disagreement here...

  12. #82
    TPowell
    TPowell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 02-21-08
    Posts: 18,842
    Betpoints: 330

    very solid advice, so everybody sold on Luxor over Excalibur?

  13. #83
    DrStale
    DrStale's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 12-07-08
    Posts: 9,692

    Quote Originally Posted by TPowell View Post
    very solid advice, so everybody sold on Luxor over Excalibur?
    Only real advantage Excalibur has on Luxor is a slightly better location. Excal is right in the heart of MGM/Trop/NYNY, Luxor's a bit further south so you'll go a bit north for most things, but the distance is pretty short. Luxor is probably better in any other category.

  14. #84
    TPowell
    TPowell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 02-21-08
    Posts: 18,842
    Betpoints: 330

    Quote Originally Posted by DrStale View Post
    Only real advantage Excalibur has on Luxor is a slightly better location. Excal is right in the heart of MGM/Trop/NYNY, Luxor's a bit further south so you'll go a bit north for most things, but the distance is pretty short. Luxor is probably better in any other category.

    sounds like a winner. Where'd Landers go????

  15. #85
    kyhawk
    kyhawk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 06-21-08
    Posts: 923
    Betpoints: 6264

    Naked City is that area by Sahara and Strip. It was bad when I lived there years ago. This vid is at intersection of Sahara and Strip.
    http://lasvegascitylife.com/sections...-way-go-change

  16. #86
    ChalkyDog
    Buy the ticket, take the ride.
    ChalkyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 10-02-11
    Posts: 9,598
    Betpoints: 12

    Quote Originally Posted by TPowell View Post
    very solid advice, so everybody sold on Luxor over Excalibur?
    I'd take Luxor over, but I am painfully biased. The distance is negligible at best, especially considering the tram thing.

    Any reason why you are looking into that area? You didn't book Excalibur yet?

    Last time I paid for a room, I used a costco deal from vegas.com $80 for a $100 gift card, unlimted use. Save 20% right off the bat, and vegas.com is a discount site anyway. If that is still available, it's hard to beat.

    I'd also seriously look into hotwire. Use betterbidding.com to know where you're booking before hand via the search function using the star and amenity criteria (basic tool for travel anywhere).

    If you don't give a shit about the digs, and I'd put this place over Excalibur anyway - look into Casino Royale. Absolutely cheap for the location. Quad/Imperial palace too.

    Although, if you are dead set on that area - Luxor over Excalibur.

    Also, check southwest - they often offer flight+hotel deals that are insanely cheap Sometimes they offer show tickets or some other thing. Stayed a week (6 days) at Vdara with 2 tickets to a Soleil show for under $600, which included flight for 2(albeit from Phoenix).
    Last edited by ChalkyDog; 09-12-13 at 09:51 PM.

  17. #87
    Brock Landers
    Forever in Debt to your Priceless Advice
    Brock Landers's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 06-30-08
    Posts: 45,276
    Betpoints: 8355

    Quote Originally Posted by kyhawk View Post
    Naked City is that area by Sahara and Strip. It was bad when I lived there years ago. This vid is at intersection of Sahara and Strip.
    http://lasvegascitylife.com/sections...-way-go-change
    one of the all time great videos

  18. #88
    Brock Landers
    Forever in Debt to your Priceless Advice
    Brock Landers's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 06-30-08
    Posts: 45,276
    Betpoints: 8355

    i love staying at the HARD ROCK...check it out

  19. #89
    jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 07-20-05
    Posts: 394,888

    They should of ran him over

    They would of gotten away with it

  20. #90
    james4512
    james4512's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 10-27-08
    Posts: 3,707
    Betpoints: 138

    Tao nightclub at venetian is sick lots of hot chicks fairly expensive tho, but basically all the nicer hotels all have great nightclubs

  21. #91
    InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 11-23-09
    Posts: 23,985
    Betpoints: 526

    Quote Originally Posted by ChalkyDog View Post
    (hint: she's the one hitting on you).
    Hilarious

    Quote Originally Posted by ChalkyDog View Post
    But some real advice:

    Since you are going with a group of guys, make up the story you are a bachelor party. Pick the groom before hand, as it makes it easier when your drunk to remember the story. Get shirts if you must (brings girls to you). Seriously, there is no easier sure fire way to pull bitches than be a bachelor party.

    Every march madness, I go with a group, and every year - we are a bachelor party. Since I'm already married, I've been the groom the last 2 years.

    More advice, be the groom - bitches love the groom.

    If you go to Vegas with a group of dudes, and don't pull this move, you have missed a great chance.
    This story = we should all be taking notes

    Quote Originally Posted by ChalkyDog View Post
    23. My advice, stick near Planet Hollywood. Some of the nicest ass on the strip seems to flock to that place.

    Blondies does a promo where you can drink as much as possible for $20. It includes its sister club which is primarily a hip-hop theme. Blondies is a sports bar with beer pong, etc. Also has the best wings on the strip, but I have no idea how much you care about that.

    The $20 thing might be a weekday thing. Doubt its good on the weekends.

    If you happen to be there on Weds, head down to Piranaha. Awsome little college club, located behind Thomas and Mack. Something like $10 all you can drink beer. Frat house or something is what the promo was called.

    who goes to vegas looking for a good wings place and a college bar?

    I'll tell ya who....chalker does

    that's who

    Quote Originally Posted by ChalkyDog View Post
    As long as you aren't a walking vagina
    in the context of the story this is fukkin hilarious

    Quote Originally Posted by Louisvillekid1 View Post
    Need all the cash, lol...
    LK dumping in the real deal here...I mean common we've all been there before

  22. #92
    Timmay
    Timmay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 09-09-08
    Posts: 1,301
    Betpoints: 3491

    I'm not sure if you've already left to Vegas....... I'm not from there and don't know much but there was a place called, "The Artisan" it was off the strip with locals and it was an after hours that was free I think. There was a dj and it was at a Hotel or something. It was pretty sick. We got out at like 8 a.m. the next day hahaha fun times.


    Drais sounded cool and that's an afterhours, but from what I remember it was like $40 for guys and free for girls. Might be worth it... Looked like a really fun time.

    The Palms has some sick places, but I'm not sure if it's only good on the weekends.

    I used to just walk around the strip and then once I found a really cool pitboss that seemed really cool I would sit and just have fun and usually if they like you... You'll get offers in the mail to invite you back.

    Finding tables that looks like everyone is having fun is always a good time.... Especially if there's some cuties. I like the atmosphere on some tables... It's very laid back and a fun time. Plus free drinks. Clubs can cost a lot for drinks.

    My buddy mentioned that he split a table on top of a casino. It was kind of pricey, but 4 guys paid like 200 each and got a table and he said there was practically lines of girls wanting to sit. He dressed up nice and just told them that he was a director or whatever and just a simple wisper in a girls ear got her back to his room. He said it was amazing and that he had the time of his life.


    Ummmmm... Anyways... Like I said I liked the Artisan.. They're usually locals and they seemed all just down to earth.



    Anyways... GL. Usually when getting rooms... Someone else will have the rooms or I'm comped. Paying sucks.... And I would probably just go to Quad or the Trop or something, but it's not balling like buddy with the table and inviting the girls to a sick pad like Ballagio or something.

  23. #93
    TPowell
    TPowell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 02-21-08
    Posts: 18,842
    Betpoints: 330

    looking around, I think I can potentially pay like $40 more and stay at Luxor instead. The flight is the real killer. Flights are AT LEAST 300 per person

  24. #94
    jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 07-20-05
    Posts: 394,888

    Powell when the fuk you going??

    I am tired hearing about this trip

    Powell might want you to bet a game for me in Vegas

  25. #95
    TPowell
    TPowell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 02-21-08
    Posts: 18,842
    Betpoints: 330

    Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Powell when the fuk you going??

    I am tired hearing about this trip

    Powell might want you to bet a game for me in Vegas

    Gold, make me a video on how to plan a Vegas trip. Complete with how to act around hotel and airport staff. Comeon!

  26. #96
    jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 07-20-05
    Posts: 394,888

    When are you going??

  27. #97
    ChalkyDog
    Buy the ticket, take the ride.
    ChalkyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 10-02-11
    Posts: 9,598
    Betpoints: 12

    Make a video on how to get the chick behind the counter at the hotel to give you a better room. I've only heard, never done.

    Literally everytime I go, I intend on doing this, get to the counter and cowardice sets in. Also uncertainty. Mainly that I'm going to give her a bill, and she wont even give me a handjob much less a nicer room.

  28. #98
    Timmay
    Timmay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 09-09-08
    Posts: 1,301
    Betpoints: 3491

    Quote Originally Posted by ChalkyDog View Post
    Make a video on how to get the chick behind the counter at the hotel to give you a better room. I've only heard, never done.

    Literally everytime I go, I intend on doing this, get to the counter and cowardice sets in. Also uncertainty. Mainly that I'm going to give her a bill, and she wont even give me a handjob much less a nicer room.

    Not a problem to just ask if they have any upgrades that they could hook up. Worst that can happen is that they say no.

    But yea, there's probably a good way to request one like say you're getting married or something lol, but yea..... I think the best is to just be real with them and be happy with them and make them smile. If they're in a good mood and like you..... They might hook it up.

  29. #99
    Reno_Thor
    Reno_Thor's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 04-12-12
    Posts: 526
    Betpoints: 5252

    Quote Originally Posted by TPowell View Post
    looking around, I think I can potentially pay like $40 more and stay at Luxor instead. The flight is the real killer. Flights are AT LEAST 300 per person
    Do this; Excalibur smells like piss throughout the entire place.

  30. #100
    TPowell
    TPowell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 02-21-08
    Posts: 18,842
    Betpoints: 330

    Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    When are you going??
    December as of now

  31. #101
    jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 07-20-05
    Posts: 394,888

    Powell you will be broke before then with football betting

    Powell go in a few weeks or this trip does not hapen

  32. #102
    Killer_Demo
    209 Street-Tough
    Killer_Demo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 06-15-08
    Posts: 8,409
    Betpoints: 4201

    Grub free drinks all trip...just sit and tap buttons/pull lever on the slot machine and occassionally yelll WOOHOOO or SH1T!. tip a dollar a drink get drunk for free besides the dollar tips all day

  33. #103
    no1here
    no1here's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 03-23-09
    Posts: 5,916
    Betpoints: 6079

    I agree Planet Hollywood is a great place to visit. Girls no place else like there. Excalibur one of the worst places to stay having kids everywhere.

    Ex
    Quote Originally Posted by ChalkyDog View Post
    23. My advice, stick near Planet Hollywood. Some of the nicest ass on the strip seems to flock to that place.

    Blondies does a promo where you can drink as much as possible for $20. It includes its sister club which is primarily a hip-hop theme. Blondies is a sports bar with beer pong, etc. Also has the best wings on the strip, but I have no idea how much you care about that.

    The $20 thing might be a weekday thing. Doubt its good on the weekends.

    If you happen to be there on Weds, head down to Piranaha. Awsome little college club, located behind Thomas and Mack. Something like $10 all you can drink beer. Frat house or something is what the promo was called.

  34. #104
    no1here
    no1here's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 03-23-09
    Posts: 5,916
    Betpoints: 6079

    Luxor sucks, only two choices for me in vegas Venetian and Golden Nugget. Yes I love downtown.

    Quote Originally Posted by TPowell View Post
    very solid advice, so everybody sold on Luxor over Excalibur?

  35. #105
    TPowell
    TPowell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 02-21-08
    Posts: 18,842
    Betpoints: 330

    Looking around, for only $100 or so more (for the whole package), I could stay at Mandalay Bay, MGM, or the Monte Carlo. Even the Cosmopolitan had a really good deal on it

First 1234 Last
Top