dante1
    dante1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 392

Almost never cheer for Alabama

but I will this week. I will buy that down to 7 and make a substantial play, this kid needs a good slap in the face to come back to reality. Naturally I am speaking metaphorically. But, isn't he just a shade too smug? I want my team to be confident but does this guy cross the line, is he too much? Or is it just me? It could be me in my old age but I don't like this bravado crap. Give me a player that knows he is great but shows just a little bit of restraint. Again, it could be me. I do applaud his football prowess, I cannot take that away from him but he needs to grow up a little. He needs a serious father figure to straighten him out a little. I hope Alabama beats them by 30. And if they can, I think they will.

What do you think?
    Last edited by dante1; 09-10-13 at 12:56 PM.

KingJD31
    KingJD31's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7042

Only a lib could hate manziel

Deuce
    Eddie Mush
    Deuce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3519

Quote Originally Posted by KingJD31 View Post
    No, I do too. Fukk that little bitch. Needs to be humbled.

dante1
    dante1's Avatar SBR PRO

you're such an asshole, what does politics have to do with this, you got an inferior complex much like the loon. you know you don't stand a chance debating me so you need to snipe whenever you have a chance, that is pathetic mr King. Pathetic!

and I don't hate him, I just think he needs to grow up. you guys hate.

tony_come
    tony_come's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1122

We need him this weekend

KingJD31
    KingJD31's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7042

I'mjust using basic logic, libs don't like success, especially those that rub it in. If he was black you would be tight lipped because that would be politically incorrect but he's white so you're not afraid to express yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by dante1 View Post
    you're such an asshole, what does politics have to do with this, you got an inferior complex much like the loon. you know you don't stand a chance debating me so you need to snipe whenever you have a chance, that is pathetic mr King. Pathetic!

and I don't hate him, I just think he needs to grow up. you guys hate.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Sarunas

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6892

might bet the first half over when both teams come out firing against each other with their best, before Bama starts to put A&M in it's place in the 2nd half

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    No, I do too. Fukk that little bitch. Needs to be humbled.
    hahaha

irish1
    Update your status
    irish1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5081

Dante, the kid is having the time of his life and he is so small that he just might not make it in the NFL, so let him go wild in college. Hey, you can talk the talk if you can walk the walk. So far he has backed up his arrogance. How did you feel about Ali boxing and humiliating his opponents? There was no one more arrogant or cocky than him. This kid could be the best college player ever and he sure is exciting to watch. Whats the difference between a player scoring a touchdown and doing the funky chicken and Johnny football running around on the field? Even if he has a bad game, one game does not make or brake a career. Here is some trivia Dante, Who quarterbacked the last team to beat Alabama?

dante1
    dante1's Avatar SBR PRO

I'mjust using basic logic, libs don't like success, especially those that rub it in. If he was black you would be tight lipped because that would be politically incorrect but he's white so you're not afraid to express yourself.

are you crazy, I don't care if he is purple, you're wrong again. I don't like success, that is why I was very successful in this life, that is why all my children are professionals. you talk through your ass, you know nothing about me and like the crazy that you are you think you do.

dante1
    dante1's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by irish1 View Post
    Dante, the kid is having the time of his life and he is so small that he just might not make it in the NFL, so let him go wild in college. Hey, you can talk the talk if you can walk the walk. So far he has backed up his arrogance. How did you feel about Ali boxing and humiliating his opponents? There was no one more arrogant or cocky than him. This kid could be the best college player ever and he sure is exciting to watch. Whats the difference between a player scoring a touchdown and doing the funky chicken and Johnny football running around on the field? Even if he has a bad game, one game does not make or brake a career. Here is some trivia Dante, Who quarterbacked the last team to beat Alabama?

I don't know the trivia question, but I basically agree with your perspective. However, I think he has taken it one step too far. That is all no hate or anything like that and it has nothing to do with his color. How these guys come up with these conclusions is beyond any common sense at all. Hey he is a great (so far) as college player, but step it back a little bit. Show some class, I would much rather cheer for a guy like Tim T than this kid. That is all, it is my preference.

Oh and btw king using your logic I would certainly hate Tim T because he is white, successful and a Christian. You are wrong, I admire that kid, I admire him greatly. He isn't such a great pro qb but I still admire him. Don't jump to stupid conclusions King, you only look like an idiot.
    Last edited by dante1; 09-10-13 at 02:59 PM.

dante1
    dante1's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by ThaTopMoron View Post
    might bet the first half over when both teams come out firing against each other with their best, before Bama starts to put A&M in it's place in the 2nd half

this same thought went through my mind too. I just hope at the end of the game Bama humbles this kid. Maybe that will give him some humility and turn it around for him. He is young and I think stupid right now. He has huge potential, he needs to be slapped down a little but I don't mean physically.

irish1
    Update your status

Dante, the answer to the question is Johnny Manziel.

dante1
    dante1's Avatar SBR PRO

Dante, the answer to the question is Johnny Manziel.

lol, good one Irish. lol

irish1
    Update your status

Johnny "Football" Manziel is going to be the greatest quarterback to ever play in the CFL and yes he will still make more money than anyone posting in this forum. In fact if I were him I would move to Canada and become an Icon. He could own that country, thats right he would be a legend just north of the border. If he was smart thats what he would do. He will be the greatest college Quarterback bar none.

dante1
    dante1's Avatar SBR PRO

Johnny "Football" Manziel is going to be the greatest quarterback to ever play in the CFL and yes he will still make more money than anyone posting in this forum. In fact if I were him I would move to Canada and become an Icon. He could own that country, thats right he would be a legend just north of the border. If he was smart thats what he would do. He will be the greatest college Quarterback bar none.
    now do you think you might be overstating this case, after all he is young. so much can happen, I agree he seems to be a great athlete but we have all witnessed great athletes peter out. Let us at least see how he does this season.

irish1
    Update your status

I'm routing for Johnny Football to beat the tide!

dante1
    dante1's Avatar SBR PRO

Kid from this area was touted as being a great qb and some broadcaster B Cook to be specific said he is so good he will win two H trophies. Yeah, I forget his name right now but it will come to me. He played for ND and he was good but he was no super great qb. He had all the tools and he didn't reach potential.

dante1
    dante1's Avatar SBR PRO

I'm routing for Johnny Football to beat the tide!

I would never have guessed that.

csknight3
    csknight3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1073

Haha you guys are hilarious. So many opinions about someone you have never met. The media is just spoon feeding you nonsense and outrageous opinions and you believe every word. Making millions and millions of this kid and then accusing him of taking a little bit of money that could never even be proved. But guess what the media made money off those accusations. CBS even has a Johnny Cam this week. How can they name a camera after a player and not pay him.

I suggest you do what everyone else is doing and make money of this kid. A&M +7.5 and let Johnny Football make you money like he is for everyone else.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by csknight3 View Post
    Haha you guys are hilarious. So many opinions about someone you have never met. The media is just spoon feeding you nonsense and outrageous opinions and you believe every word. Making millions and millions of this kid and then accusing him of taking a little bit of money that could never even be proved. But guess what the media made money off those accusations. CBS even has a Johnny Cam this week. How can they name a camera after a player and not pay him.

I suggest you do what everyone else is doing and make money of this kid. A&M +7.5 and let Johnny Football make you money like he is for everyone else.
    how good is his receivers?

from what i hear A&M is a 1 man team.

BigDeem5
    2013-2016 NBA: 461-378-24 +52.65u
    BigDeem5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2158

Manziel for President

Easy-Rider 66
    Easy-Rider 66's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3329

Saban> Manziel. Bama wins.

russellm9
    russellm9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3275

Alabama vs. Texas A&M and Virginia Tech Recap:

Much of what I’m going to tell you is not my opinion – it is fact. And if you doubt me, go back carefully review the game as I have done. The reason I am posting a post-game write-up is so people can understand what they saw on Saturday and why they saw it. I’m also doing it because I announced prior to the season that I intended to “Max Bet” the Texas A&M game, so I think an explanation of why I am sticking to that strategy in the wake of the Virginia Tech game is in order.

First off I want to remind people that Virginia Tech is my second favorite college football team. I’ve had many friends and family members graduate from that school, and I’ve spent quite a bit of time in Blacksburg over the years. I say that because this game could not have been a more perfect result for me personally. Alabama won and covered the 1st half and game lines, and Virginia Tech acquitted themselves very well on national tv. And because of that, they should have a lot of confidence going forward, and hopefully that confidence will blossom into a very successful season for the Hokies.

I have posted about Alabama’s offensive line on several occasions, but I think a brief review is in order, particularly in light of what we saw in the Virginia Tech game. We all know that Alabama is replacing 3 linemen who are now on NFL rosters. I have explained in the past that the 3 replacements are all “individually” experienced and talented guys. But offensive lines are not plug and play. Offensive lines are more about continuity and on-the-field leadership than talent, and Alabama is lacking in both at this early point in the season. That said, I’m sure most reading this have forgotten that people were pressing the panic button on last year’s o-line after the second week of the season when they surrendered 7 sacks in the Western Kentucky game. The following week Alabama trounced Arkansas 52-0.

Going into the Virginia Tech game, I knew Tech had one of the best defensive lines in the country, and that they would test Alabama’s nascent offensive line. That was clearly Tech’s best matchup on the field, and to their credit, they took full advantage. Yes, Alabama missed some blocking assignments as I knew they would, but they weren’t alone. The running backs and tight ends did as well.

Right now the biggest thing that Alabama is suffering from is the loss of tight end Michael Williams. As of now Alabama really don’t have a replacement that they are happy with in terms of blocking in the run game. The bottom line is this is not last year’s team, and I have said it many times and so has Saban, this will be a different looking offense this year. They’ll run off tackle more, and between the tackles less – at least early in the season. But most importantly Alabama will run more of a west coast type of an offense to take advantage of the plethora of playmakers on the roster. We saw one of those playmakers score 3 touchdowns against Virginia Tech, but Alabama has a lot more playmakers than just Amari Cooper and Christian Jones.

I can tell you that this new-look offense is very explosive, because I’ve seen it in action several times in the spring and fall. What the public saw in Alabama’s spring game is in stark contrast to what was happening in practice behind the scenes. The offense was absolutely raping the defense, but when the cameras were on, Saban intentionally handicapped the offense by limiting them to variations of about 6 offensive plays. So if you watched the spring game, you probably came away with the impression the offense was really struggling. Nothing could be farther from the truth.

For example, in two private scrimmages, Amari Cooper had 9 catches for 228 yards and 5 touchdowns – and that was in very limited action. Others such as McCarron also accumulated gaudy stats. In one of the scrimmages McCarron went 23 for 29 for 319 yards and 5 touchdowns. He had no interceptions.

Now that last scrimmage I attended, the defense caught up quite a bit and really held their own, particularly the in the secondary. In case you don’t know, Alabama’s secondary is very, very good.
    My point is that despite what you saw in the Virginia Tech game – and I will get into that in a bit – I stand by my prediction that this will be the most explosive offenses in Alabama’s history.

Now let me remind readers of the of the 2008 SEC Championship game when Florida beat Alabama 31-20. The entire offseason was dedicated by coaches and players alike to beating Florida, and Florida wasn’t even on their schedule. The result was that Alabama did end up facing the Gators again in the SEC Championship game, and completely dominated them. The exact same thing has happened this offseason, except I would say the Texas A&M preparations have been even more intense than they were for Florida in 2009. Everything Alabama has done, and is doing is in preparation for that game. You really need to understand that if you want to get on the right side of this game.

Now on to the Virginia Tech game itself . . . finally huh???

First of all, I will tell you that I knew going into the Virginia Tech game that Alabama would be somewhat vanilla offensively, but I thought that vanilla would be more than enough to cover the spread. One of the main reasons I thought that is because I really didn’t think Virginia Tech’s offense could score a touchdown against Alabama’s defense. Ultimately they did score a flukish touchdown, but thankfully it didn’t burn Alabama backers.

It really hit me in the second half of the game when I really needed a score to cover the game line. I was getting pissed because I noticed that Alabama was not really trying to counter anything Virginia Tech was doing defensively. Tech was basically playing the 1985 Buddy Ryan 46 defense which simply brings more defenders that the offense line can block. Alabama has the personnel to easily counter this defense but never tried to implement it. For example, one way to counter it is to spread the field with 4 wide receivers to force the defensive personnel out of the box. Even the announcer Matt Millen wondered out loud on several occasion as to why Alabama kept insisting on running directly into the teeth of an 8 and 9-man box.

Much like what occurred in the spring game where Saban intentionally handicapped the offense, apparently he did much the same in this game. That is no way meant to take away from the great game that Virginia tech played, but this is the simple fact of the matter, and it can be verified by re-watching the game.

Now what I’m going to tell you comes from someone directly affiliated with the program, and I think I can comfortably say what I’m about to say. I asked him about this specifically on Monday and this is basically what he told me. He said that the coaching staff started planning for the Texas A&M game even before they left the stadium last season. As I said earlier, everything Alabama has done in the off-season has been geared toward the Texas A&M game - and now that includes the 1st game of the season as well. He said the plan was to be as bland offensively as possible. The coaching staff was given absolutely the best gift they could have asked for when the defense and special teams combined to score 3 touchdowns. That allowed them to scale the offense back even more than originally planned. He said the offense was scaled back to more than being vanilla. It was scaled back to a “practice game type game plan.” Those were his exact words. He said the staff has not shown any of its hand for the A&M game including personnel packages and blocking schemes.

Another person I spoke with yesterday, who is friends with one of the offensive linemen’s parents, said he knew in advance (through his son) that all Alabama was going to do was straight ahead blocking. No pulling guards or tackles, no zone blocking schemes etc.

That gave me a lot to look for when I reviewed that game in depth, and as I said, what those two sources said can be easily confirmed by re-watching the game. You will noticed that AJ McCarron never audibled one time during the game. No linemen ever pulled. I only saw one play in the whole game where a receiver even went in motion. The offense was simplistic to the point of being comical.

Now ask yourself a question. Do you really believe that Alabama would line up over and over again against an 8 and 9-man front and not check out of a play that had zero chance to succeed under normal circumstances? And although the line had some continuity issues, mostly what I saw was Alabama simply being outmanned at the point of attack. In other words, Virginia Tech was simply bringing more than Alabama could block. Most of the time Tech was bringing an extra guy off of the edge.

There is really only two ways to look at the Virginia Tech game IMO. Either this was one of Saban’s most brilliant coaching jobs, or one of his worst. I believe it was the former because it was effective in two ways. First, as I already mentioned, they have shown Texas A&M absolutely nothing on tape, and secondly, I think this game went a long way to knocking the “defending national champion chip” off of the players’ shoulders. It showed the guys – particularly the younger ones - that they are not invincible. I will point out another thing that struck me as odd. Though all the offensive adversity, Saban remained as calm as a millpond on the sideline.

I readily admit that if I knew what I know now, I would not have “Max Bet” the Virginia Tech game, and that really has nothing to do with how I capped the game. I think I had the game capped very well. Nevertheless, fortunately it did not blow up in my face, and I was still able to cash my Alabama tickets.

I’m sure there will be posters who will conjure up a myriad of counter arguments to what I’ve posted here, but quite honestly I’m not interested in arguing the point. I’m telling you what’s up. I’m telling this game will be a blow out in favor of Alabama. You can believe me and join me in betting Alabama, or you can think I’m full of it and back Texas A&M – or stay away altogether. Just know I really don’t care what you do. As for me, it’ll be my biggest bet of the season.

Peace out!!!