SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

Predicting Mayweather by KO against Canelo Alvarez

I'm coming out of retirement for this play ... at the SBR book of course. As an aside, I read an excellent article on SBR.com on the Mayweather vs Alvarez match, and couldn't have written it better myself.

But here's what leads me to believe Floyd by stoppage is the play:

• Floyd Mayweather wins the most convincingly when the odds are close and when people expect he's met his match. He also kicks the shit out of fellow undefeated boxers.

• He is already at 152 lbs and does not need to dehydrate himself to make weight. His conditioning is superior in every way.

• Alvarez weighed in 5.5 lbs over the limit seven days out from the fight. He will be noticeably slower against Mayweather and the excess pounds he packs on will not help him in any way. He is expected to come in over 170 lbs.

• Alvarez turned Pro at 15 in Mexico and 33 of his 42 victories came in Mexico. Throw out his W against an old Shane Mosley (on Floyd's undercard no less) and the only win of note was against Austin Trout. He was gifted a wide UD when the bout was fairly close. The kid is being built up and has never fought a true proven champion.

• Alvarez was gassed halfway through his last fight. He took rounds off. As soon as he tires against Mayweather he is going to get hurt badly and cut. Alvarez is also somewhat flat-footed.

• Mayweather has the best trainer in boxing in his corner in his father. His father, while a defensive wizard, is more offensive minded than he's given credit for, look no further than his pushing Mickey Bey to attempt a stoppage despite being up on the cards in his last bout.

• Floyd Mayweather destroys Mexican boxers. He hurt his hand against Guerrero, but he owns Mexicans, period.

• Mayweather is savvy enough to know that he can't fight a cautious fight - he must dominate and let his hands go. Alvarez is De la Hoya/Golden Boy's superstar of the future, and Floyd's only split decision win of his career came against former Golden Boy himself, De la Hoya. He absolutely wants to close the show in emphatic fashion and take this out of the judges hands.

As for those of you betting the moneyline, don't waste your money on Alvarez. The only fighter who can truly give Floyd trouble is one that fights and moves like himself. A guy that can for a period of 12 rounds move, get off first by beating him to the punch, control the middle of the ring, work off the ropes if he needs to ... essentially, someone built like himself with impeccable defense. He's absolutely not going to taste defeat to the likes of some big muscular, stationary, flat-footed 23 year old. This is the easiest fight he has had in years, do not believe the hype.

That's all I'll go into. Study the tapes, the answer is right in front of you.

Mayweather by KO: 5/1 at Bet365

(Note: pinnacle hung 6.4/1 and then dropped to 4/1, but limit is low currently.)
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Mac4Lyfe, and Wulfman14

eidolon
    USA
    eidolon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15766

I don't see mayweather knocking a guy out that weighs 25lbs more than him.
    It will be a good fight the first 5 or 6 rounds, then cinnamon head will be tired and look like a statue.

crustyme
    dont i look killer?
    crustyme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

lol

canelo wins.

SBR Lou

Quote Originally Posted by eidolon View Post
    It will be a good fight the first 5 or 6 rounds, then cinnamon head will be tired and look like a statue.
    All that weight does is make him an even slower target to be put on his ass and cut like a WWE wrestler. Remember that the 23-year-old has never been punched in the face repeatedly by someone of Mayweather's class.

By KO/TKO/DQ is the play. It's not going the distance.

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Gutsy call Lou

He barely KO'ed a smaller Ortiz, with a free hook. Guy has never been a power puncher. He's the most technical boxer ever and out points guys, but not powerful.

You know this. You follow boxing as much as anyone here.

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

Unrealz

The Kraken

We need more Lou

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO

Lou es buena gente

-Canelo Alvarez

SBR Lou

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    He barely KO'ed a smaller Ortiz, with a free hook. Guy has never been a power puncher. He's the most technical boxer ever and out points guys, but not powerful.

You know this. You follow boxing as much as anyone here.
    And in boxing you have to pick your spots. By decision has historically been a money play on Floyd, but this is as good a spot as any and pays much more than it would against someone he'd be expected to KO like Amir Khan. It's about getting the best of it. This kid can't go the distance with Floyd. He's never, ever, ever faced a challenge like this. He practically had enough in the tank to dismiss Austin Trout, for penetrate's sake!
    Quote Originally Posted by King Mayan View Post
    Unrealz
    Sorry bro but he knocks the piss out of Mexican boxers. Hell it runs in the family, Roger Mayweather ("The Mexican Assassin") did too before being vanquished by Julio Cesar Chavez.

crustyme
    dont i look killer?
    crustyme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

stick to running scam books and leave the capping to the professionals.

The Kraken

What scam book did Lou run?

hougigo
    hougigo's Avatar Become A Pro!

Did I miss something with Lou?
    Anyway, bar whatever did happen, dude called the Garcia KOing Khan and Marquez koing Pac.

Me personally I think Mayweather KO 10, but I'm rocking with the safer option in Mayweather spread

CoachJB
    CoachJB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2556

Quote Originally Posted by eidolon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by crustyme View Post
    stick to running scam books and leave the capping to the professionals.

Deuce
    Eddie Mush
    Deuce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3519

Here you go Lou. Take a peek. This guy has a clue. Almost 100% of his points are legit.

raydog
    raydog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 113

lou worried about limits at pinnacle unreal ... it doesnt really matter where you throw this money away anyways...floyd hasnt had a legit tko/ko since he mangled that cokehead ginger, hatton...

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1812

You were right about Pac Man being KO'ed.

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM
    El Nino's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1868

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Here you go Lou. Take a peek. This guy has a clue. Almost 100% of his points are legit.

Fukkin' jerk off whose wearing his dad's glasses, talking into a ceiling nanny cam?

He made one point...Mayweather hand picks his opponents. He hand picked Alvarez for a reason. Kid is not in his prime...not even close. Vegas sharps 6 months ago saying Canelo was not at Floyd's level and they needed to bring him along slowly. 2 years at least before he fought the elite. Mayweather picking the kid off early. Mayweather by the cards.

SBR_John
    Wisky
    SBR_John's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42225

Unless Canelo has a glass jaw there will be no ko. Mayweather has proven all he wants to do is throw a couple of punches each round, get the decision and get some action down on football. He doesn't care about proving anything, he doesn't want to take any chances. Expect another typical boring fight where he easily out points Canelo and everyone is reminded 'why do I buy these boring-ass Mayweather fights?!'.

broadway6
    on to the next one
    broadway6's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1338

Quote Originally Posted by SBR_John View Post
    Unless Canelo has a glass jaw there will be no ko. Mayweather has proven all he wants to do is throw a couple of punches each round, get the decision and get some action down on football. He doesn't care about proving anything, he doesn't want to take any chances. Expect another typical boring fight where he easily out points Canelo and everyone is reminded 'why do I buy these boring-ass Mayweather fights?!'.
    Ding ding, we have a winner. I quit buying mayweather fights a long time ago because of this. I will pass.

Hilljacademics
    Hilljacademics's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 18487

Quote Originally Posted by crustyme View Post
    lol

canelo wins.
    What he said. A cinnamon decision.

SBR Lou

Quote Originally Posted by raydog View Post
    lou worried about limits at pinnacle unreal ...
    I think you misunderstood, they were taking $300 (yes, $300) max on that particular market at the time. So the great price had somewhat of an asterisk next to it.

RubberKettle
    RubberKettle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 791

Lou is smart about boxing. This play or nothing for me

zooom
    zooom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 193

lou you dont know shit about boxing, i hope you lose your bet.

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO

Quote Originally Posted by SBR_John View Post

zooom
    zooom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 193

mayweather is the biggest pussy out there, never takes chances, doesnt have the heart of a warrior. just another rich....
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: TheRifleman

Rubber Guard
    Rubber Guard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5152

Lou, would you suck on Mayweather's balls for VIP passes to a 50 cent concert?

BennyBigNuts
    BennyBigNuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1078

No chance Floyd risks getting knocked out by opening up and going for a knockout himself.
    He dances his way to a win here by decision.
    He doesn't risk his legacy anymore by going all out.
    Now, if they offered him a 20 million bonus to knock him out tacked onto his 41 million he's already getting, it would be totally different.
    5/1 is horrible value.

TheRifleman
    TheRifleman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 488

mirinquads
    Eat my enormous ballsack boys
    mirinquads's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7742

Mayweather aint opening up against his kinda power, unless Canelo is so gassed he cant stand up, and even then its doubtful.

Though he certainly could Ko him.

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24854

Lou, don't fuk me man... I've got kids to feed.

ChalkyDog
    Buy the ticket, take the ride.
    ChalkyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Falling in love with Canelo right now.

I don't follow boxing, even moderately. However, I have been on the right side more often than not on some classic shenanigan matches.

This one screams the front end of a HUGE money grab.

Money is getting up there, we'll see if he values his legacy over hundreds of millions of dollars.

Jaug
    1 in 2.7 mill
    Jaug's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2977

Putting a unit on it +411.

Deuce
    Eddie Mush
    Deuce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3519

$75 for ppv.

Pass, Mexican Blake Griffin in a decision.

rocky16
    rocky16's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 40

Lou is trolling.

rocky16
    rocky16's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 40

Adding 1.5 units Canelo.

123 Last