LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Will Maxwell Finally Get Benched at Miichigan State?

Nothing official yet but FOUR different quarterbacks (not one...not two....in best LeBron voice) have taken first-team reps in practice this week including Maxwell, who completed just 11-of-21 passes for a paltry 74 yards vs. Western Michigan in Week 1.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Doubt it. Dantonio is loyal to his upperclassmen, and Cook looked even worse than Maxwell in his opener.

Damion Terry is the answer, but he's a true frosh and it doesn't make much sense long-term to burn his redshirt opportunity.

Maxwell wasn't as bad as his numbers would indicate on Friday. MSU's wide receivers are like Smoke and Big Bear -- there isn't a complete brain among the group of them. Run the wrong routes, give up on plays, etc. Whoever their WR coach is should be fired after two straight years of laziness and incompetency.

LT Profits

Yes he has been very loyal to Maxwell, but that begs the question why all of a sudden is every QB on the team splitting reps? O'Connor was the fourth.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    Yes he has been very loyal to Maxwell, but that begs the question why all of a sudden is every QB on the team splitting reps? O'Connor was the fourth.
    Because they don't have four quarterbacks -- they have no quarterback.

Maxwell is gun shy and thinks too much. Doesn't take enough chances.

Cook is a high-risk, high-reward guy who would turn the ball over too often for a team that wants to get back in the Top-25.

O'Connor's never taken a snap.

Terry's a true freshman.

Their receivers are either stupid (Fowler), arrogant (Arnett) or not good enough (Mumphery). Burbridge is pretty good, but I wouldn't classify him as a No. 1 level receiver. Sims and Bell were the safety valves. With them gone, this offense is going to be a debacle pretty much all year long. Plus Dantonio got a gift when Roushar left, but instead of finding a young stud OC, he went out and got some recycled old hack.

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post

Cook is a high-risk, high-reward guy who would turn the ball over too often for a team that wants to get back in the Top-25.

Terry's a true freshman.

Their receivers are either stupid (Fowler), arrogant (Arnett) or not good enough (Mumphery). Burbridge is pretty good, but I wouldn't classify him as a No. 1 level receiver. Sims and Bell were the safety valves. With them gone, this offense is going to be a debacle pretty much all year long. Plus Dantonio got a gift when Roushar left, but instead of finding a young stud OC, he went out and got some recycled old hack.
    And they're favored by 23 this week.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

And they're favored by 23 this week.
    Yeah, but did you see South Florida in Week 1?

M.W.
    M.W.'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6270

I'm pretty sure Mich St players saw that score too. How do you think they're reacting?

Brock Landers
    Forever in Debt to your Priceless Advice
    Brock Landers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8792

The guy was underwhelming last year, not sure why he is even #1 this year

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

They can't score enough to cover against USF

LT Profits

Maxwell benched, Connor Cook gets first career start.

HOT WINGS
    HOT WINGS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3651

Expecting O'Conner to also play a fair share. Game is being delayed again by lightning. 12:30 is scheduled start now

HOT WINGS

Terry's a true freshman.

I like what I hear about O'Conner but yeah real young. Hope Terry doesn't try to transfer if they red shirt him. I like Kings at WR also. Glad there finally starting to lose some loyality to there seniors like Maxwell and Fowler. The bottom line is these guys just can't perform so why keep wasting time with them. Move on to young guys that you may be able to develop a little bit.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by HOT WINGS View Post
    I like what I hear about O'Conner but yeah real young. Hope Terry doesn't try to transfer if they red shirt him. I like Kings at WR also. Glad there finally starting to lose some loyality to there seniors like Maxwell and Fowler. The bottom line is these guys just can't perform so why keep wasting time with them. Move on to young guys that you may be able to develop a little bit.
    Fowler's a loser. The sooner they get him off the field, the better. He and Arnett both have shitty attitudes, especially given they've never accomplished anything.

HOT WINGS

Fowler's a loser. The sooner they get him off the field, the better. He and Arnett both have shitty attitudes, especially given they've never accomplished anything.
    I agree I heard a lot of good things about Kings and I like Burbridge as well.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

This offense is a complete and utter debacle.

LT Profits

I hope the MSU defense doesn't outscore South Florida by 24 points

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

I hope the MSU defense doesn't outscore South Florida by 24 points
    MSU has some pros on D.

Dennard, Allen, Lewis, Bullough, etc.

And Shilique Calhoun is the real deal at rush end.