1. #1
    zooom
    zooom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 09-02-13
    Posts: 345
    Betpoints: 193

    down $12,300 so far this year

    my dad always asks me about my finances and that i need to start looking at buying a house cuz im 28 and still rent a 1 bedroom apartment. I lied and told him i have 30k saved up he says thats enough for a down payment on a nice pad, but i only have 2000 in my savings account cuz of gambling and blowing my money partying to stave off depression.

  2. #2
    Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman
    Russian Rocket's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 09-02-12
    Posts: 44,566
    Betpoints: 530

    Quote Originally Posted by zooom View Post
    my dad always asks me about my finances and that i need to start looking at buying a house cuz im 28 and still rent a 1 bedroom apartment. I lied and told him i have 30k saved up he says thats enough for a down payment on a nice pad, but i only have 2000 in my savings account cuz of gambling and blowing my money partying to stave off depression.
    that's fukked up dude...maybe gambling is not for u

  3. #3
    Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 10-09-09
    Posts: 50,056
    Betpoints: 24

    Take that 2K and go all in on the lions week 1

  4. #4
    Louisvillekid1
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 10-17-07
    Posts: 51,300
    Betpoints: 540

    I like this kid... I'm Same age , same boat

  5. #5
    BigDeem5
    2013-2016 NBA: 461-378-24 +52.65u
    BigDeem5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 02-26-11
    Posts: 17,016
    Betpoints: 1960

    Hammer a 5 game parlay

  6. #6
    JohnnyD4916
    JohnnyD4916's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 04-14-10
    Posts: 1,568
    Betpoints: 374

    You could hit a 5 team parlay with that $2000 turn it into $48,700+. Good luck

  7. #7
    bubblebuttluv
    Derek Jeter, the best shortstop ever.
    bubblebuttluv's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 11-13-12
    Posts: 5,180
    Betpoints: 37

    You should probably quit guy.

    Find a nice girl, get married, have kids.

  8. #8
    Louisvillekid1
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 10-17-07
    Posts: 51,300
    Betpoints: 540

    I'm giving away a free 3 teamer

    Temple +130
    Miami U +130
    Eagles +160

    Pays about 13/1

  9. #9
    sweep
    Elevator going up, next level
    sweep's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 10-09-10
    Posts: 16,581
    Betpoints: 36

    hi JJ



  10. #10
    Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman
    Russian Rocket's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 09-02-12
    Posts: 44,566
    Betpoints: 530

    Quote Originally Posted by Louisvillekid1 View Post
    I'm giving away a free 3 teamer

    Temple +130
    Miami U +130
    Eagles +160

    Pays about 13/1
    are u playing it yourself?

  11. #11
    wagerjunkie
    wagerjunkie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 08-24-13
    Posts: 4,105

    As others have said, this ain't the life for u bro.

    Get out now before you lose the apartment and you're back living with your parents.

    Cause At the rate you're going you'll be roomies with the parents in no time

  12. #12
    TonyTall
    sober 8/18
    TonyTall's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 08-21-13
    Posts: 3,551
    Betpoints: 768

    Quote Originally Posted by Louisvillekid1 View Post
    I'm giving away a free 3 teamer

    Temple +130
    Miami U +130
    Eagles +160




    Pays about 13/1
    i love the eagles +130 first half. rg3 should be tentative and rusty. love the eagles here

  13. #13
    Mikail
    Fader of GOY'S
    Mikail's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 07-19-09
    Posts: 21,693

    cut your wager amount by 90%

  14. #14
    jjgold
    Update your status
    jjgold's Avatar Horses Moderator
    Join Date: 07-20-05
    Posts: 343,450
    Betpoints: 357

    Bubbles that is the worst advice I have ever heard of

    That scenario is approx a net loss of -300,000

    Quote Originally Posted by bubblebuttluv View Post
    You should probably quit guy.

    Find a nice girl, get married, have kids.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 3 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: sweep, Jimmycosta, and ParlayininHTown

  15. #15
    No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-18-10
    Posts: 76,310
    Betpoints: 16541

    Quote Originally Posted by Smoke View Post
    Take that 2K and go all in on the lions week 1
    Just a hunch, but I have a feeling you're the guy in the Barry uniform.


  16. #16
    teaserpleaser
    teaserpleaser's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 08-14-08
    Posts: 26,024

    Quote Originally Posted by zooom View Post
    my dad always asks me about my finances and that i need to start looking at buying a house cuz im 28 and still rent a 1 bedroom apartment. I lied and told him i have 30k saved up he says thats enough for a down payment on a nice pad, but i only have 2000 in my savings account cuz of gambling and blowing my money partying to stave off depression.
    How long you been gambling?

  17. #17
    No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-18-10
    Posts: 76,310
    Betpoints: 16541

    Quote Originally Posted by BigDeem5 View Post
    Hammer a 5 game parlay
    This is what happens when a privileged snot-nosed kid who has everything paid for by mommy and daddy tries to get cute with a guy who's really struggling and needs answers.

    Go play the back nine at pops' country club, Deemer. I'm sure he'll pick up the lunch tab, too.

  18. #18
    teaserpleaser
    teaserpleaser's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 08-14-08
    Posts: 26,024

    Quote Originally Posted by bubblebuttluv View Post
    You should probably quit guy.

    Find a nice girl, get married, have kids.
    -ev ....I would advise against all 4

  19. #19
    teaserpleaser
    teaserpleaser's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 08-14-08
    Posts: 26,024

    Quote Originally Posted by Mikail View Post
    cut your wager amount by 90%
    Clear the kid is betting too much chasing and a number of other sins....reason I asked how long he's been gambling it took me a while to tune my shit in lucky for me I did most of my learning curve on credit....discipline is still hardest ing for me picking winners has never been an issue.

  20. #20
    Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 10-09-09
    Posts: 50,056
    Betpoints: 24

    Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    Just a hunch, but I have a feeling you're the guy in the Barry uniform.

    unrael you found it

  21. #21
    zooom
    zooom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 09-02-13
    Posts: 345
    Betpoints: 193

    Quote Originally Posted by bubblebuttluv View Post
    You should probably quit guy.

    Find a nice girl, get married, have kids.
    im trying to find a girl, i think that might calm me down cuz a lot of times i gamble out of sheer boredom. I just have no luck w/ girls either, this blonde chick i was gonna go on a date with asked me for $80 so she can pay for a sitter and i give it to her like an idiot and the bitch takes off on me and never answered my phone calls.

  22. #22
    zooom
    zooom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 09-02-13
    Posts: 345
    Betpoints: 193

    Quote Originally Posted by teaserpleaser View Post
    How long you been gambling?
    since i was 17, started betting the horses w/ my uncle, then switched to poker once i turned 21, now i ve been betting sports for about 5 yrs.

  23. #23
    Louisvillekid1
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 10-17-07
    Posts: 51,300
    Betpoints: 540

    Ghost are outta control

    @ the babysitter story!

  24. #24
    Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 11-01-11
    Posts: 43,255
    Betpoints: 14

    Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    This is what happens when a privileged snot-nosed kid who has everything paid for by mommy and daddy tries to get cute with a guy who's really struggling and needs answers.

    Go play the back nine at pops' country club, Deemer. I'm sure he'll pick up the lunch tab, too.
    chill out pal. dont take the forum so seriously

  25. #25
    BIGDAY
    cureangelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 02-17-10
    Posts: 46,991
    Betpoints: 25

    Could be worse.

    Go all in a few times and get it back.

    $30
    Angelman
    donation 8/5/2020

    $20
    Angelman
    donation 02/17/2020

    SBR Bash
    Punta Cana
    Attendee 2/4/2017


  26. #26
    Madison
    Madison's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 09-16-11
    Posts: 3,974
    Betpoints: 2291

    Quote Originally Posted by teaserpleaser View Post
    Clear the kid is betting too much chasing and a number of other sins....reason I asked how long he's been gambling it took me a while to tune my shit in lucky for me I did most of my learning curve on credit....discipline is still hardest ing for me picking winners has never been an issue.
    First 15 yrs -ev for most. If you ain't got it by then you're toast. Do almost anything else.

  27. #27
    mynameismud
    mynameismud's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 02-13-12
    Posts: 5,377
    Betpoints: 5529

    bought my first house at 29 with my ex. not all its cracked up to be. obviously renting has no equity, but for some its the right solution for their situation.

  28. #28
    JJJ
    JJJ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 05-03-11
    Posts: 2,605
    Betpoints: 511

    welcome to the club

  29. #29
    easyliving
    easyliving's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 06-25-12
    Posts: 8,878
    Betpoints: 10

    Quote Originally Posted by bubblebuttluv View Post
    You should probably quit guy.

    Find a nice girl, get married, have kids.
    agreed, clearly if you got someone else to dedicate your time to you will stop gambling. and you will also be forced to be more careful with money cuz you got a family to take care of. As a single guy money has no value to a person. at least thats how I feel. I can lose 3-4 grand in a week and wouldn't give a shit cuz I got no one depending on me.

  30. #30
    zooom
    zooom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 09-02-13
    Posts: 345
    Betpoints: 193

    Quote Originally Posted by easyliving View Post
    agreed, clearly if you got someone else to dedicate your time to you will stop gambling. and you will also be forced to be more careful with money cuz you got a family to take care of. As a single guy money has no value to a person. at least thats how I feel. I can lose 3-4 grand in a week and wouldn't give a shit cuz I got no one depending on me.
    thats exactly how i feel, i lost 2 grand in one day last month, went out that same night and spent another $500 at the club and as long as i had money left to pay for gas and groceries i didnt really give a fck. ive had my savings account down to about $50 this year.

  31. #31
    Madison
    Madison's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 09-16-11
    Posts: 3,974
    Betpoints: 2291

    Quote Originally Posted by zooom View Post
    thats exactly how i feel, i lost 2 grand in one day last month, went out that same night and spent another $500 at the club and as long as i had money left to pay for gas and groceries i didnt really give a fck. ive had my savings account down to about $50 this year.
    Dude, this is the opposite of discipline. You need to scale to a % of your bankroll. We all have done it. Some learn some never.

  32. #32
    SBR_John
    Wisky
    SBR_John's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 07-12-05
    Posts: 16,496
    Betpoints: 38834

    I don't anyone that's been playing baseball that is up. It's not over but this could be the worse baseball season ever for the players. Some books like Heritage used to close during baseball season because they didn't want to deal the dime and get killed.

    SBR Bash
    Punta Cana
    Attendee 2/4/2017


  33. #33
    konck
    Home Team Wins at SBR
    konck's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 10-17-06
    Posts: 11,889

    Take your 2k and bet AGAINST Brocks Rubber Band play sat NCAA he is 1-6-1 his last 8 including some major juice lays like-345

  34. #34
    Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 10-09-09
    Posts: 50,056
    Betpoints: 24

    Quote Originally Posted by SBR_John View Post
    I don't anyone that's been playing baseball that is up. It's not over but this could be the worse baseball season ever for the players. Some books like Heritage used to close during baseball season because they didn't want to deal the dime and get killed.

  35. #35
    No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-18-10
    Posts: 76,310
    Betpoints: 16541

    Quote Originally Posted by SBR_John View Post
    I don't anyone that's been playing baseball that is up. It's not over but this could be the worse baseball season ever for the players. Some books like Heritage used to close during baseball season because they didn't want to deal the dime and get killed.
    Baseball's definitely been a clusterfvck this year. Feel like I'm chucking darts blindfolded more often than not.

12 Last
Top