pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Pete Rose says Ichiro Can't Catch Him

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...japan/2686497/

He is basically saying he doesn't have 4,000 hits. Only MLB hits count. So if they add Ichiro's Japan League hits they have to add to the total his hits from the minors.

What do you think? Should Japan League hits count for Ichiro? Should minor league hits count for Pete Rose?

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

lol

of course they do not count

Its not MLB

Killer_Demo
    209 Street-Tough
    Killer_Demo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4201

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    lol

of course they do not count

Its not MLB
    Coach is right...some of those hits werent in MLB

teaserpleaser
    teaserpleaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

No they shouldn't count i forgot who said it one of the espn talking head former managers maybe bobby valentine when he was there said japan league = Triple AAA

jjgold

Paver is the type of guy if he is at work or at a party said he hit 20 hrs in his HS career

14 were from freshman to jv baseball years

innovation
    innovation's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 239

No wonder the world hates america. American born slugger turned degen low life......can't stand a foreigner showing him up not only on the field but off the field as well.

Pete needs to get off his high horse already and take a look around. People don't really care about how many hits Ichiro has here or there. It's how he takes honor in the game and plays it with the kind of integrity that makes this game great.

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

fukk ichiro.

TwoWays
    TwoWays's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3608

for 4000 hits, this is the most uncelebrated, unrecognized known records. ESPN gave it like 30 sec. of highlights but that's it. 30 sec for a lifetime of work. Ichiro needs to start jacking some homers.

jjgold

Ichy dies not even have 3000 hits in MLB

He might not get that

lets all settle down

Petey is the hit king

You mad bro
    You mad bro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: -23

Ichiro 5x the player Pete rose also played 24 years in the MLB .. If ichiro had 24 years he would be at about 4200 hits easily

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

Quote Originally Posted by You mad bro View Post
    Ichiro 5x the player Pete rose also played 24 years in the MLB .. If ichiro had 24 years he would be at about 4200 hits easily

ichiro had 10 straight 200 hit seasons

pete rose had 10 in his career

chino08
    chino08's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11256

this is a joke!!!!!

you do not count any stats from outside leagues!!!
    are we going to now add all the world baseball classic stats to player who played there?
    what about Dominican and Cuban players who played professionally in their home land?

lets go back and add jordans international and Olympic stats so he can pass Kareem in all time scoring while were at it!

this is a joke Ichrio stats only count from his time in America

Mike Huntertz
    Mike Huntertz's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 22604

Rose is giving 4-1 odds on this one!

jjgold

Quote Originally Posted by chino08 View Post
    this is a joke!!!!!

You do not count any stats from outside leagues!!!
    Are we going to now add all the world baseball classic stats to player who played there?
    What about dominican and cuban players who played professionally in their home land?

Lets go back and add jordans international and olympic stats so he can pass kareem in all time scoring while were at it!

This is a joke ichrio stats only count from his time in america
    thread over

innovation
    innovation's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 239

Pete rose stole 198 and thrown out 149....57%. No wonder he stole from everyone he be compensating.

You mad bro
    You mad bro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: -23

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    thread over
    its over because ichiro shits on rose in every way .. better defender .. better hitter ... 10 straight 200 hit seasons .. please rose couldnt shine ichiros cleats ...

like i said before give ichiro 24 years in the MLB he would easily break rose' record ... rose is a joke let alone ending someones career in a meaningless all star game .. fckn clown ..

Deep_Rest
    Deep_Rest's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10319

I don't get why people are taking a dump on the Japanese majors. Japan won the first 2 WBC's and placed 3rd this year. They even play with a smaller ball which of course makes hitting more difficult. That being said, I don't think his hit count should be combined. They don't combine NFL and CFL stats, NBA and Turkish League stats, etc. He's still a HOFer.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2380

Ichiro is the better play yes

but Rose is right, Ichiro's "4,000" hits is BS

we only count MLB

I/O
    I/O's Avatar Become A Pro!

Very surprised by many of the responses in this thread. You guys can't let your hatred for Rose, completely understood hatred for a tool, get in the way of the facts. Also throw in if you guys really knew Ichiro, you might not feel the same way about this.

I can't believe you guys act like there's no difference between the leagues. The level of competition isn't even close. You can't just carry over what Ichiro did over there to MLB. MLB scrubs start on those weak teams. Japanese teams only carry two foreign players. The rest of the teams are filled with whatever talent from that single country is left. The players are smaller and slower. The parks are much smaller. The players swing differently with a smaller bat. Expectations from a hitter in the Japanese game are completely different.

Rose faced some of the best pitching in the history of MLB and accomplished what he did. Not the crap Ichiro faced in Japan or the crap he faces today.

Lastly, Ichiro was HATED by the other players on his Seattle team. They were happy as fuk when he left. Ichiro is a selfish prick and that's how he played the game. Rose is the complete opposite. His switch was always on high and was all about team.

To assume Ichiro could ever have the career in MLB that Rose did is stupid. He didn't and he will never break Rose's record.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2380

"Listen, if I'm voting today for the Hall of Fame,'' Rose says, "Ichiro has got my vote. He's got the [10] Gold Gloves. The golden arm. A lot of hits. There's really nothing wrong with his game.

"I wouldn't even make him wait five years, I'll tell you that.''
    Yet, Rose says, Ichiro will never the all-time hits' king.
    "If people consider him to have the record if he gets to 4,257 hits,'' Rose says, "I'll come back and play if I'm reinstated. I'm sure even at my age I can hit a 15-hopper up the middle and crawl to first base for a hit.''

chino08
    chino08's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11256

Quote Originally Posted by i/o View Post
    very surprised by many of the responses in this thread. You guys can't let your hatred for rose, completely understood hatred for a tool, get in the way of the facts. Also throw in if you guys really knew ichiro, you might not feel the same way about this.

I can't believe you guys act like there's no difference between the leagues. The level of competition isn't even close. You can't just carry over what ichiro did over there to mlb. Mlb scrubs start on those weak teams. Japanese teams only carry two foreign players. The rest of the teams are filled with whatever talent from that single country is left. The players are smaller and slower. The parks are much smaller. The players swing differently with a smaller bat. Expectations from a hitter in the japanese game are completely different.

Rose faced some of the best pitching in the history of mlb and accomplished what he did. Not the crap ichiro faced in japan or the crap he faces today.

Lastly, ichiro was hated by the other players on his seattle team. They were happy as fuk when he left. Ichiro is a selfish prick and that's how he played the game. Rose is the complete opposite. His switch was always on high and was all about team.

to assume ichiro could ever have the career in mlb that rose did is stupid. He didn't and he will never break rose's record.
    amen!

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7696

Rose has destroyed his own aura with his stupidity since he got booted. He has been on a self absorbing mission for 24 years.

ichiro would have beaten the rose all time hits record if he played all of his time in the majors. let rose keep his record. he has nothing else.

oh wait he married a asian didnt he?