ChalkyDog
    Buy the ticket, take the ride.
    ChalkyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Google making a play for Sunday Ticket

http://www.reviewjournal.com/sports/...y-ticket-grabs

I find this to be a good thing, without even knowing the terms.

DTV is an awful situation that fails to even broadcast in full HD.

MUHerd37
    Status Your Update.
    MUHerd37's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10678

For google to get it would be fukkin great. DirecTV charges way too much. And with google you could keep whatever tv service you already have.

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

Quote Originally Posted by ChalkyDog View Post
    DTV is an awful situation that fails to even broadcast in full HD.

dtv is an abomination but i've never had this issue

artyfudgepacker
    artyfudgepacker's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6480

maybe this is dumb question ?how we gona watch games?

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year

Quote Originally Posted by artyfudgepacker View Post
    maybe this is dumb question ?how we gona watch games?
    youtube

and then various devices could stream it through the tv

Darkside Magick
    Black Box Algorithm
    Darkside Magick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1258

Even if Google were to buy the Sunday Ticket package, it would not necessarily mean DirecTV is out. Yes, DirectTV made a barrier to entry where a customer had to buy a dish in order to even become a part of the group able to demand NFL Sunday Ticket. But when they made the move to offer the same content package via the internet all of a sudden a lot more people became qualified to buy NFL Sunday Ticket. So it is quite conceivable that DirecTV and Google own Sunday Ticket. -----------Forbes

artyfudgepacker
    artyfudgepacker's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6480

o yea .u think price will go down ?

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year

Quote Originally Posted by Darkside Magick View Post
    Even if Google were to buy the Sunday Ticket package, it would not necessarily mean DirecTV is out. Yes, DirectTV made a barrier to entry where a customer had to buy a dish in order to even become a part of the group able to demand NFL Sunday Ticket. But when they made the move to offer the same content package via the internet all of a sudden a lot more people became qualified to buy NFL Sunday Ticket. So it is quite conceivable that DirecTV and Google own Sunday Ticket. -----------Forbes
    dont you currently have to be a subscriber to the dtv package to watch it online?

this makes it closer to the mlb package where you can purchase it online and stream it to your tv or whatever...aside from just being able to flip from channel to channel i prefer mlbtv to the extra innings cable package because i can watch it anywhere i have internet

Darkside Magick
    Black Box Algorithm
    Darkside Magick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1258

Quote Originally Posted by InTheDrink View Post
    dont you currently have to be a subscriber to the dtv package to watch it online?

this makes it closer to the mlb package where you can purchase it online and stream it to your tv or whatever...aside from just being able to flip from channel to channel i prefer mlbtv to the extra innings cable package because i can watch it anywhere i have internet
    You have to upgrade to Sunday ticket Max to watch on computer, tablet and phone
    yes you have to be a subscriber

ChalkyDog
    Buy the ticket, take the ride.
    ChalkyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Quote Originally Posted by InTheDrink View Post

dtv is an abomination but i've never had this issue
    DTV maxes out at 720p for damn near everything. They aren't setup for the ability to send 1080 yet. I think the only thing that comes in 1080p might be pay for movies, but I might be wrong about that.

That is why fiber optic or things like Uverse are so much superior.

Visited by buddy in Texas a year ago for a week, they had uverse - came back home to my high def DTV, and it looked like shit.

Saintsfan1977
    Saintsfan1977's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4104

Quote Originally Posted by Darkside Magick View Post
    Actually yes it does mean DTV is out because it means the end of satellite and cable TV. DTV charges $300 a year for Sunday Ticket but you can get it free by threatening to cancel their subscription or at least a discount. However most times they will lock you into a new 2 year contract which means you are paying them $1440 minimum for the 2 year contract. Thats $60 a month with basic shit, if you have HD, movie channels, more than one box, DVR etc, you are paying much more.

Also, If you own a PS3 you can pay $300 for Sunday Ticket and you wont need a DTV subscription.
    Quote Originally Posted by artyfudgepacker View Post
    o yea .u think price will go down ?
    Yes it will. Google will own the market when DTV subscribers start cancelling and going with Google. This is just th tip of the iceberg. Google TV will start buying more and more contracts with TV channels etc. Think about this. Hulu, Vudu, Netflix etc already provide what the viewing audience likes and they will keep adding more. Now combine all those for lets say $7 a month and you looking at $21 a month instead of the raping Cable and satellite companies are charging. Go Google. Now this will allow even more people to cut the cord. The internet is winning and Google is taking over.

tblues2005
    tblues2005's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7184

This would be huge for people also. I do think the costs will dramatically drop to get it. I do believe you may see it at $150 or less because they will have more subscribers. Its a win win for everybody here if it's done right. The only losers will be satellite television here because they are too expensive. They are going to lose a bunch of customers if google gets it.

Killer_Demo
    209 Street-Tough
    Killer_Demo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4201

Good to see Direc-tv getting some competition....their prices are sh!t

iwantcougars
    iwantcougars's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 679

you can get nfl gamepass for less than $150

Domestic
    Domestic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1756

Quote Originally Posted by iwantcougars View Post
    you can get nfl gamepass for less than $150
    It is not typically available to Americans I believe. It is ironic that the best package available is not for sale in the U.S. itself.

turtlejc
    turtlejc's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Ill pay my 10$ a month for NFL red zone..best channel ever created

parlaygames
    parlaygames's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 62

Sunday ticket streaming is $100 on Amazon with Madden NFL 25 Anniversary Edition.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: retard

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Overrated

NFL red zone all you need

Cannot watch 7 games at once

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

i got direct tv, NFL package came free with it.

Fukk watching games on the internet