Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

This fight will end in a KO i believe.

rocky16
    rocky16's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 40

Quote Originally Posted by Rubber Guard View Post
    I'll root for Pettis but I'd bet Bendo at those odds. He can take Pettis down and has the cardio to keep it up. And Pettis is coming off a layoff and injury.
    Rubberpahg taking Bendo. Easy cash $ on AP here. Hope you chomos keep betting Bendo though.

Grabaka
    Update your status
    Grabaka's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4034

Quote Originally Posted by rocky16 View Post
    Rubberpahg taking Bendo. Easy cash $ on AP here. Hope you chomos keep betting Bendo though.
    Man we have been on the same side for a while. Lets keep the winnerz coming!

Edit: Im on Pettis too. Kinda small tho

Mercersux
    Mercersux's Avatar Become A Pro!

All over taking Benson in this one. I wouldn't be comfortable locking anything in until post weigh in. Henderson without a rough weight cut only makes me like betting him even more.

Inkwell77
    Inkwell77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2413

Betting against Henderson seems kind of crazy, especially at even money.
    Dude seems to be the perfect mma fighter to get decisions.

The way he controls fights (although isn't all that much of a threat to end em instantly) is very impressive.

mirinquads
    Eat my enormous ballsack boys
    mirinquads's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7742

The thing is he doesn't really control fights at all lately, he pretty much lets his opponents dictate whats happening, then gets the decision anyway, somehow.

If Henderson strikes with Pettis while having a wrestling advantage, something he has done a lot in his previous fights, he's in a world of trouble in this fight.

rocky16

Quote Originally Posted by Mercersux View Post
    All over taking Benson in this one. I wouldn't be comfortable locking anything in until post weigh in. Henderson without a rough weight cut only makes me like betting him even more.
    Bro, you don't want to fock with me. Shit is no game. I grew up on the focking streets. Would starch you.

sideloaded
    staring into the abyss
    sideloaded's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by rocky16 View Post
    Bro, you don't want to fock with me. Shit is no game. I grew up on the focking streets. Would starch you.

bro tell defacto to come back is he banned again for making that imnotfat ghost?

rocky16

Quote Originally Posted by sideloaded View Post
    bro tell defacto to come back is he banned again for making that imnotfat ghost?
    Pal, I pray every day defacto comes back. Tbh, dude overdosed on a heroin binge like a true focking gangsta. Lets genuflect and honor a real motherfocking G. Kid was straight out of focking Compton. Focking alpha like me.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

think im gonna go with showtime here

mirinquads
    Eat my enormous ballsack boys
    mirinquads's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7742

I knew showtime was the play, you fockers talked me out of it, hate UUU!!

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    think im gonna go with showtime here
    bang!

only $40 profit though .. bet $100 but had to pay $60 to watch that short ass fight

rocky16

Quote Originally Posted by mirinquads View Post

Whatcha talking bout Willis? I gave you Showtime. Only listen to me pal. I'm a focking alpha stud.

MD
    MD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 254

Quote Originally Posted by mirinquads View Post
    To be fair, the way that fight ended, you could make no argument with any sort of certainty as to who was the right side.

Ron_Paul_2012
    Ron_Paul_2012's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3985

Quote Originally Posted by MD View Post
    To be fair, the way that fight ended, you could make no argument with any sort of certainty as to who was the right side.

MD

Quote Originally Posted by Ron_Paul_2012 View Post

How ironic.

plekz
    plekz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5746

Benson was done after those three bodykicks, his expression and the way he was backing away like he didn't want anymore of it said it all and he had absolutley ZERO luck with any takedowns, so unless he was gonna reinvent himself as a fighter in the 1 minute intermission between rounds he was squarely phucked, much like you are in the head.

mmaed
    mmaed's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5003

Quote Originally Posted by plekz View Post
    Benson was done after those three bodykicks, his expression and the way he was backing away like he didn't want anymore of it said it all and he had absolutley ZERO luck with any takedowns, so unless he was gonna reinvent himself as a fighter in the 1 minute intermission between rounds he was squarely phucked, much like you are in the head.
    Didnt he take him down right before pettis arm barred him? He also had him up against the cage for most of the fight before that. Pettis was teeing off on him for a minute though. You are correct about that. I would like to see pettis vs aldo.

The iron sheik
    The iron sheik's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

someone commented on some thread that dana was happy the title changed hands. I really don't think so.

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Whi...ew-Champ-55767

...which was expected. Glass knee pettis

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Quote Originally Posted by mmaed View Post
    Didnt he take him down right before pettis arm barred him? He also had him up against the cage for most of the fight before that. Pettis was teeing off on him for a minute though. You are correct about that. I would like to see pettis vs aldo.
    Pettis went for the cart-wheel Showtime kick and Benson was able to get top control from there, was more about Pettis being off-balance after throwing the kick then Benson actively looking for the takedown and gettin it tho

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM
    El Nino's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1868

Quote Originally Posted by The iron sheik View Post
    someone commented on some thread that dana was happy the title changed hands. I really don't think so.

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Whi...ew-Champ-55767

...which was expected. Glass knee pettis
    No good. I like Pettis, too bad he keeps getting injured.

MD

I swear, this guy will argue anything to defend a bet he makes.

He took Pettis down off of a kick and got caught in an armbar. He had turned the fight into a tiring grindfest for most of the first round, and if it had ended with Bendo on top instead of with the armbar, Pettis would likely be down a round going into round two, with an injured knee. If you think that there was enough shown to discern who the right side probably was, then you're as dishonest with yourself as you are with the rest of SBR.

plekz

He took Pettis down off of a kick and got caught in an armbar. He had turned the fight into a tiring grindfest for most of the first round, and if it had ended with Bendo on top instead of with the armbar, Pettis would likely be down a round going into round two, with an injured knee. If you think that there was enough shown to discern who the right side probably was, then you're as dishonest with yourself as you are with the rest of SBR.
    He didn't get 'caught' Pettis used superior technique all the way to manipulate into position for that armbar, it wasn't like he just 'threw' his legs up and voila instant armbar moron. It's pretty obvious by now that you know ZERO about the nouances of bjj and how it works.

The three most significant strikes landed were the three bodykicks, and Pettis was the one landing in the few exchanges there was.

And the way Pettis described the 'knee' himself it just jerked and there was some pain, it was also the opposite leg.

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM
    El Nino's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1868

Agree. First round was Bendo controlling the Octagon, stalking and grinding Pettis against the cage. 4 Body kicks doesn't win Pettis the round if Bendo stays on him. People will argue anything around here.

Congrats Pettis backers. I wanna see Pettis/Grant before I see Pettis/Aldo. Hopefully he's not out too long.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

He didn't get 'caught' Pettis used superior technique all the way to manipulate into position for that armbar, it wasn't like he just 'threw' his legs up and voila instant armbar moron. It's pretty obvious by now that you know ZERO about the nouances of bjj and how it works.

The three most significant strikes landed were the three bodykicks, and Pettis was the one landing in the few exchanges there was.

And the way Pettis described the 'knee' himself it just jerked and there was some pain, it was also the opposite leg.
    Plekz is Frank Mir?!

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

MD

Here's a story about plekz, guys: he told everyone who would listen that Shogun would destroy Chael, and when people disagreed, he stated that they simply didn't understand because they didn't roll. Then Shogun got submitted in under a round. Yet, he's now back to the "do you even roll bro?" stuff. I don't see this ending well.

plekz

Quote Originally Posted by El Nino View Post
    Agree. First round was Bendo controlling the Octagon, stalking and grinding Pettis against the cage. 4 Body kicks doesn't win Pettis the round if Bendo stays on him. People will argue anything around here.

Congrats Pettis backers. I wanna see Pettis/Grant before I see Pettis/Aldo. Hopefully he's not out too long.
    Benson couldn't 'stay' on anything after the kicks to the body Benson wanted nothing more to do with Pettis on the feet, as soon as they were standing it was painfully obvious how superior Pettis was, not like Benson took ONE bodykick no he took several and wasn't able to check or move away from a single one of them. 'stalking' is that what it's called when you desperatly try and close the distance against the cage wall and come up with nothing on any of your takedown attempts?

Here's a story about plekz, guys: he told everyone who would listen that Shogun would destroy Chael, and when people disagreed, he stated that they simply didn't understand because they didn't roll. Then Shogun got submitted in under a round. Yet, he's now back to the "do you even roll bro?" stuff. I don't see this ending well.
    It's your reasoning and choice of words that makes it seem like you know next to nothing about how much a chess game bjj or groundfighting in general is, since you use moronic terms like 'got caught'

It's also painfully obvious you aren't able to retort in any kind of fashion other then posting what is the equivalent of a 'i am rubber you are glue' and with a smiley tossed in to give the impression of you having the 'upper hand'
    Last edited by plekz; 09-01-13 at 04:16 PM.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

haha "a chess game BJJ" is....now you sound like the love-child of Mir and Rogan!

MD

It's your reasoning and choice of words that makes it seem like you know next to nothing about how much a chess game bjj or groundfighting in general is, since you use moronic terms like 'got caught'

It's also painfully obvious you aren't able to retort in any kind of fashion other then posting what is the equivalent of a 'i am rubber you are glue' and with a smiley tossed in to give the impression of you having the 'upper hand'
    Maybe it's you who doesn't understand as much as they think they do. "Got caught" doesn't mean that Pettis was flailing around wildly and accidentally torqued Bendo's arm, it means exactly what it implies; he attempted an armbar, and he managed to catch Bendo in it. It was the right technique at the right time, and an excellent display of technique by Pettis. How often do you think he gets that armbar, though? If Bendo took him down off of that kick 100 times, how many times would he catch that armbar? It should be obvious why I stated that there wasn't enough information gained from the fight to know who the right side was.

wagerjunkie
    wagerjunkie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

it unreal the length this guy keeps going too. he's still convincing himself and others even after his bet cashed. LOL

as you said Benson was winning the entire round until the three leg kicks then scored a take down. and IF he didn't get caught in arm bar Pettis said himself post fight, he was on one leg, he felt his knee pop and wobble, he went for broke on his back and got it.

not taking anything away from Pettis he earned it and earned it well..but if that went to round 2 Pettis would have been hobbled on one leg, grapped and picked apart.

its a shame because I guarentee the MRI on the knee shows some kind of tear and we don't see Pettis in the ring for another 6 months.
    Last edited by wagerjunkie; 09-01-13 at 04:41 PM.

wagerjunkie

NO.

this proves how much denial you are in.

FoxSports1 interview he said he felt his knee cap go "in and out" and it "wobbled" and it felt like he was on one leg there. then he recanted in the presser after Dana probably told him to chill with telling ppl
    Last edited by wagerjunkie; 09-01-13 at 04:43 PM.

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24866

100% agree with Md here.

plekz

Quote Originally Posted by wagerjunkie View Post
    its a shame because I guarentee the MRI on the knee shows some kind of tear and we don't see Pettis in the ring for another 6 months.
    Dana didn't tell Pettis sh!t, Pettis himself said he felt the knee go in and out, all this 'going for broke' is stuff you are making up on the fly, and has no basis in reality what so ever since Pettis has said nothing of the kind.

wagerjunkie

Dana didn't tell Pettis sh!t, Pettis himself said he felt the knee go in and out, all this 'going for broke' is stuff you are making up on the fly, and has no basis in reality what so ever since Pettis has said nothing of the kind.
    can you read? i said "i" as in "me" "myself" not Pettis....said the MRI will reveal a tear....

at the beginning of the presser the first words of a reporters mouth to Dana was "what do u think about Aldo Pettis" Dana said "im not even going to talk about that, i dont even want to say this, but the kid popped his knee tonight"

then a reporter asked Pettis "is it discouraging that you keep getting hurt and now your world champ and could possibly have another set back"

Pettis response was "no, Benson is one of the best in the world i knew i wasn't gonna come out un touched i knew i was gonna come out with some type of injury or hurting in some area"

First 1234 Last