C-Gold
    C-Gold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 843

Some preseason NFL notes

Giants @ Steelers

- Leron Stephens Howling looked good running the ball. He actually led the Cardinals in rushing last year.
    - The Steelers offensive line is young, Adams, Decastro, Pouncy are all young early round draft picks, this line should be completely new from the past crappy lines, good or bad. There is a decent chance they improve a lot.
    - Steelers switched to zone blocking schemes, works in tandem with comment above. They lost Mike Wallace and it looks like they will be more of a rushing team and short passing with Todd Haley. They seem to like this tight end out of Oregon Paulson too.
    - David Carr almost a pick 6 on his first throw, he sucks.
    - Giants 3rd round rookie from Texas A&M D. Moore blocked a punt and looked real good.
    - The Giants really need Hakeen Nicks on the outside. If they want to make a deep run in the playoffs they have to have him, even more so than Cruz. Eli had a fade early in the redzone that wasn't even contested by his WR who got jammed to the inside, he also had a play early on the left side of the field where his receiver could have made a big play but got jammed at the line. Giants receivers were leaving plays on the field. Cruz had a nice long 50 yard touchdown up the seam after the Giants tried going outside.

Seattle @ San Diego
    - Russell Wilson didn't look good passing.
    - Seattle was running a very Vanilla offense even when Brady Quinn came in.
    - The Chargers are either going to start King Dunlap or Max Starks at LT, does it even matter?
    - Is Ryan Matthews going to stay healthy? Probably not?
    - Chargers defense looks very different with Freeney, J. Johnson and Manti Teu
    - It appears new head coach Mike McCoy and OC Ken Whisenhunt really want Philip Rivers to cut back on interceptions this year, throw the ball away more, run, take sacks. They are drilling this in his head and he ran.
    - Seattle's #2's on defense were really outplaying the Chargers #2's on offense.

- The idiot black announcer said that Tavaras Jackson should have an edge on the #2 QB spot over Brady Quinn because "he's faster". That's has to be the dumbest thing I've ever heard an announcer say. So we judge QB's on 40 times now? Not only that but Brady Quinn is actually faster and more mobile. He rubbed off a 60 yard run against USC in a Bowl game. Tavaras Jackson couldn't even start and hang with the big boys in D1 and had to transfer to D2. The idiot black announcer assumed because he's black that he's mobile but he's not very fast. Quinn is faster so this announcer showed his ignorance.

Bears at Carolina

- Luke Kuechley led the NFL in tackles as a rookie last year with 164. He had more tackles than any of the leading tacklers in the last 4 years. That's how good this guy was, he's a tackling machine. The Panthers defense improved last year and they look to get better this year. I believe the defense is moving in the right direction.
    - Positive buzz from Carolina WR Armati Edwards.
    - Cam Newton threw a pick 6 to Brian Urlachers new replacement.
    - Derek Anderson the backup QB in Carolina, how many teams have a backup QB that has been to a pro bowl?
    - Carolina has a good O-line and lots of RB's and receivers. Kenyon Barner, and Ted Ginn are on Carolina now.

Redskins at Titans

- Kirk Cousins looked good.
    - Chris Johnson ripped off a long TD run.
    - Is Greg Williams in the witness protection program?
    - Shone Greene was 11 for 11 last year on 3rd and 1. I had no idea. He will be 2nd string, will he take goal line carried from CJ? Jackie Battle will probably be 3rd string.
    - Does Chris Johnson have a learning disability? They interviewed him on the sideline and he sounded retarded.

These QB's today have huge arms. Look at the bicepts on Jake Locker, Colin Kapernick, Brady Quinn, David Carr. These guy's arms are huge! Even Curtis Painter had a lump on his arm.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Pre season for the most part has no indication what the regular season will be like

MobFade
    MobFade's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 987

I thought these notes were pretty helpful. Other than your continued hatred of Russell Wilson!

thegameilove
    thegameilove's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 144

thanks for the post

thegameilove
    thegameilove's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 144

I like your insights and thoughts, good job

C-Gold

Quote Originally Posted by MobFade View Post
    I thought these notes were pretty helpful. Other than your continued hatred of Russell Wilson!
    He was 2/6 for 23 yards. What do you want me to say? He scrambled well but he wasn't there as a passer and the Chargers weren't doing anything exotic on defense.

He's a game manager. He seems to be a good game manager but a game manager none the less. I don't jizz my pants over him like ESPN and pretend he's a 300 yard passer.

C-Gold

Quote Originally Posted by thegameilove View Post
    I like your insights and thoughts, good job
    You need to look at the Steelers young offensive line switching to a zone blocking scheme. It could be really good for whoever becomes the starter at RB. We are used to the Steelers offensive line being pure shit the last few years but that can really change this year. Antonio Brown is going to be better than Saunders. Ben is more comfortable with Todd Haley at the OC in year 2. I want to see more Steelers preseason games and see how they work.

C-Gold

Also Big Ben gets hurt a lot.

If Gradkowski comes in the guy can still play. I like his passion for the game. He's one of the better backup QB's in the game in my opinion.

Vinnie Paz
    Vinnie Paz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3413

Thanks man, good shit. This is preseason however and coachesdont tip their hands much, gotta remember that.

Watching eagles/panthers now, this eagles o line is rock solid. Offense is well balanced. D line is kinda meh, be nice to see more push through the middle but linebackers are stpping in and filling gaps nicely. Worried about the secondary, Cary Williams looks pretty shit, might be scheme, they're playing way off the Wrs and giving up passes underneath, sono surprise a dink and dunk patriots offense put up points on them, although panthers failed to score a td on multiple redzone trips. Nick foles had a bone headed int in the redzone. Mike Vick looks much more confident/ comfortable behind centre than foles.

C-Gold

Preseason doesn't matter.

I agree the outcome of games don't matter. 75% of the game is played by 3rd stringers and the play calling is usually vanilla but I like to see who changed teams, commentary on the new players, commentary on who will start, commentary on change of schemes/emphasis by coach and you can see individual players. I also like to see some of these backups play. Giants fans knew of Victor Cruz before he made it big, he played well in preseason before getting hurt.

The Redskinsdidn't run of that read option crap in the preseasonbut you could still see who is in shape etc. A few years ago I was watching the titans preseason when Chris Johnson was a rookie and I made sure I took him in every fantasy league and I won. The guy ran faster than anybody in the league.