ChalkyDog
    Buy the ticket, take the ride.
    ChalkyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Strange Stat, "system", I came across.

On Wednesday, PLAY ON all Run Line favorites (RL Range of -125 to +115) batting .265 or less as a team, against a good American League starting pitcher(Jarred Cosart) whose ERA is 4.20 or lower, with a hot starting pitcher(Jarrod Parker),posting a WHIP 1.100 or less over his last 10 games. In the past 16 years, this baseball system is 34-11, 75.6 percent.

That is from Doug Upstone. I have no opinion on the guy, nor know anything about him, but I love finding weird shit like this.

Any thoughts? I know playing the RL as a home favorite is not ideal, but I will most likely be throwing a trivial amount at this, maybe just points, just so I can remember to track this shit.

Vinnie Paz
    Vinnie Paz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3413

Stuff like this is useless, if you like that shit, look on statfox. They have all kinds of ridiculious "play a road dog of +120 or more on tuesdays when it rained the day before and the home fav averages less than 0.2 stolen bases every 9 innings" etc etc etc.

So basically play a home rl with a SP in good form but on middle of the pack hitting team against a half decent pitcher? I don't know man, never bought into these whatsoever. Not trying to dog you or anything, all the power to ya if you buy into it, just me personally...not my cup of tea

ChalkyDog
    Buy the ticket, take the ride.
    ChalkyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Quote Originally Posted by Vinnie Paz View Post
    Stuff like this is useless, if you like that shit, look on statfox. They have all kinds of ridiculious "play a road dog of +120 or more on tuesdays when it rained the day before and the home fav averages less than 0.2 stolen bases every 9 innings" etc etc etc.

So basically play a home rl with a SP in good form but on middle of the pack hitting team against a half decent pitcher? I don't know man, never bought into these whatsoever. Not trying to dog you or anything, all the power to ya if you buy into it, just me personally...not my cup of tea
    No dogging, that is exactly what I asked for, thoughts.

Every once in a while, I come across something like this that has hit 100% of the time over a multi-year span. (Came across two like that this season, pounded it, and it cashed easily).

mwbrewers
    mwbrewers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 689

I read this and I see,
    "Bet on any team that is wearing an away jersey with red stripes with at least 5 batters with odd numbers in their uniforms. When opposing pitchers have thrown 20 curveballs in yesterday's bullpen session and 3 of their team members hit homeruns during batting practice in a National League ballpark, then play the run line as long as they stadium has a 2 for one hot dog special on that particular Wednesday."

Its not a knock on you, but if you data mine enough and find independent variables that coincide with each other randomly (keyword), you'll eventually find a trend. In the end you have to determine if those trends actually apply to game situations or simply randomness.

Again it's nothing against you but it's something to think about. Could I be wrong? Absolutely

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

when i take a piss and hit the back of the toilet seat it usually means bet the cubs.

i did today but they are losing

we will see
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: gauchojake, and MatI

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

FWIW, Correlation does not imply causation.

hubie69
    I am JJs bookie
    hubie69's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 617

Quote Originally Posted by RudyRuetigger View Post
    when i take a piss and hit the back of the toilet seat it usually means bet the cubs.

we will see

I love it

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

Quote Originally Posted by RudyRuetigger View Post

we will see

This is why you can't follow trends