C-Gold
    C-Gold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 843

How awful are the Yankees scouts?

I said it before this season, the Yankees might not make the playoffs again for 3 or 4 years.

They get no help from their farm system at all. They have to fish for these Vernon Wells, Kevin Youkolis, Lyle Overbay type retread players. They are paying big money to older, injury prone, declining players. MLB teams are getting smart and are locking up young studs so that they don't hit free agency. The yankees openly talk about reducing payroll. Even if they could sign a mega super star this team is old and has enough holes that they still aren't a playoff team.

PickoMoff
    No Risk No Reward!
    PickoMoff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 919

The Yankees went out with The BOSS aka George Steinbrenner! Who would have thought the day would come when you hear the Yankees are trying to avoid luxury taxes! SERIOUSLY? The BOSSwould have never given a shit about taxes. Cano should have already had an extension from the end of 2011 and we're now in 2013 and he doesn't all because they want to avoid taxes. Each year they waited to sign him, the price went up! Dodgers will sign him at the end of this year!

George's kids don't know shit about spending money to make money! They're are just cheap! The YANKEES are the YANKEES because they were the big fish that could afford and would spend on ANY player. Now they just sign a bunch of scrappy washed up bums! Vernon wells? REALLY? C'mon son!

I'm the biggest Yankee hater there is, but as of right now they're just pathetic!

C-Gold

but why no talent from the farm teams? Their pipeline is pathetic.

I/O
    I/O's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by C-Gold View Post
    but why no talent from the farm teams? Their pipeline is pathetic.
    It's prolly been lost in past trades. They got nothing to bring up, but maybe a stray Cuban or two.

Also, good chance the Yanks get out from Under a good chunk of Arod $$. You should see some activity once that situation gets solidified.

CMNoney
    CMNoney's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6389

They aren't paying big money to Overbay, Wells and Youkilis.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Yanks on the decline

Nobody wants to play their anymore also

GM ruined the team

C-Gold

They had Jesus Montero who was supposed to be their prize who they traded for Pineda, but what else?

Look at how teams like the Cards, Tampa, Twins, Royals always have prospects. The Yankees farm teams suck.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2368

I think the yanks were close to top 10 in B.A's organizational rankings for farm teams this year.