GUMMO77
    Many bags of soup. Many.
    GUMMO77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1726

Will MLB Suspend A-Rod for life?

USA TODAY says people "unauthorized to speak publicly because no announcement is expected until Thursday or Friday" that old Bud is going to throw the lifetime ban on A-Rod. I'm sure the players union will have something to say about that.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...nesis/2606319/

WvGambler
    WvGambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

I think they'll ban him through 2014, but not a lifetime ban. Arod will settle for it, and avoid appealing.

GUMMO77
    Many bags of soup. Many.

No way he comes back for the 2015 season then.

easyliving
    easyliving's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11

No chance. Considering Braun got away with 65 games with all the lying he did it would be an absolute travesty if A-Rod gets more than 100 games.

EmpireMaker
    EmpireMaker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 249

he will negotiate a settlement

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

not lifetime but will effectively be

who will sign him when its over? yanks gonna void contract

his perception of himself will have him demanding $20 million and he might be worth 5 when he returns

GUMMO77
    Many bags of soup. Many.

Quote Originally Posted by InTheDrink View Post

his perception of himself will have him demanding $20 million and he might be worth 5 when he returns
    I agree, no matter what it's Game Over for A-Rod.

easyliving
    easyliving's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11

yankees aren't voiding anything. A-rod will be paid for the remainder of his contract once the suspension is over. The players union will not let such a thing happpen.

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year

Quote Originally Posted by easyliving View Post
    yankees aren't voiding anything. A-rod will be paid for the remainder of his contract once the suspension is over. The players union will not let such a thing happpen.
    if the yankees could draw a correlation between his ped use and his injuries then it could be voided

it might be far fetched to get a ruling in their favor but there a good chance theyll try....and that could very well lead to a settlement to terminate the contract for reduced $$$

if arod is truly getting suspended thru next year it's 50/50 he'll ever play again...maybe less

harlee71
    harlee71's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 197

In case anyone hasnt noticed. This isnt the old AROD, but AROD got old. His body broke, and his skills diminished. This effectivly will end his career. It is better to take the deal and not get a life time ejection.

harlee71
    harlee71's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 197

if the yankees could draw a correlation between his ped use and his injuries then it could be voided

it might be far fetched to get a ruling in their favor but there a good chance theyll try....and that could very well lead to a settlement to terminate the contract for reduced $$$

if arod is truly getting suspended thru next year it's 50/50 he'll ever play again...maybe less
    The Yanks will get out of the contract and it will be a fight between ARod and the insurance company.

SamDiamond
    SamDiamond's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

Selig could ban ARod outside of the PED use, he could use a clause "for the benefit of the game", and the only recourse Rodriguez would have is if an arbitrator ruled in his favor.

But the stuff MLB leaked tonight, about Rodriguez recruiting other players to the clinic is going to make him poison. There are even some Union guys who are hiding from defending him.

It is over for him.

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32799

He settles for ban through 2014, Yanks eat the rest of the contract, tells him to go away, just go away. If I'm Cano, I take Magic's groups money and play second base out there in Hollywood for beau coup dollars, if I am Jeter I accept the player option 9.5 mil for 2014 just to stick it to Cashman, get his 4000th hit, and retire, if I am Cashman I let Hughes walk, because he ain't worth a box of rocks, blow the whole freaking thing up, and start all over again, if you think about it this whole thing started to go down the toilet when they first signed A-Rod, and Yanks deserve this anyway for bidding against themselves for A-Rod the second time giving him that absurd contract. But that's just me.

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    He settles for ban through 2014, Yanks eat the rest of the contract, tells him to go away, just go away. If I'm Cano, I take Magic's groups money and play second base out there in Hollywood for beau coup dollars, if I am Jeter I accept the player option 9.5 mil for 2014 just to stick it to Cashman, get his 4000th hit, and retire, if I am Cashman I let Hughes walk, because he ain't worth a box of rocks, blow the whole freaking thing up, and start all over again, if you think about it this whole thing started to go down the toilet when they first signed A-Rod, and Yanks deserve this anyway for bidding against themselves for A-Rod the second time giving him that absurd contract. But that's just me.
    could you imagine how different baseball would be right now if arod went to the sox in 2007?

seems like a lifetime ago

pinnacle420
    THE LOCALS WORST NIGHTMARE
    pinnacle420's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1913

he's done.. whole career is a joke now.. bad teammate... horrible hitter now.. he will banned through 2014.. and then no one will sign him.. hope he get aids..

konck
    Listen the toilet is flushing
    konck's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2287

I think he gets 162 games a crushing blow of course no pay. I mean Howe got caught 7 times and only did 119 so I dont think its gonna be lifetime

konck
    Listen the toilet is flushing
    konck's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2287

All this kind of shows you how much Geo Steinhamburger is a HOFer he really is. He kept the Yanks at the top sending good money once he was gone they started shopping for bargain basement sales aka Wells etc. I dont think the Yanks will be the same

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

its only about money now

He has been a non factor on field for years so thats what they are battling the long contract

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Why is Arod possibly getting a lifetime ban and the others getting a half of a season?

What Braun did, throwing the testing guy under the bus and calling out MLB then getting popped has to be much worse than Arod, no?

BennyBigNuts
    BennyBigNuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1078

A-roids has made half a billion off of steroids when it's all over. That's why they want him so bad.
    They want to make an example of someone once n for all after all the neglect they have exploited with steroids back in the day.

They have ZERO chance to give A-roids a lifetime ban though, but it will put a big scare in the future roid-users from now on.
    A-roids gone until 2015 that's it.

GUMMO77
    Many bags of soup. Many.

Was reading today that Bud wants to take the "banned for life" angle so A-Rod can't play while he appeals.

BennyBigNuts
    BennyBigNuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1078

Quote Originally Posted by GUMMO77 View Post
    Was reading today that Bud wants to take the "banned for life" angle so A-Rod can't play while he appeals.
    Yes that and also so he doesn't try and low-ball and get a suspension like Braun got either. Braun was the guy here who shoulda got hammered just as hard as A-roids.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by BennyBigNuts View Post
    A-roids has made half a billion off of steroids when it's all over. That's why they want him so bad.
    They want to make an example of someone once n for all after all the neglect they have exploited with steroids back in the day.

They have ZERO chance to give A-roids a lifetime ban though, but it will put a big scare in the future roid-users from now on.
    A-roids gone until 2015 that's it.
    Just seems pretty fukked up that some players get half a season, and Arod gets life for the same crime

What has A-rod done that is so much worse than the others in this case?

stevenash

Braun gets off easy because he made a 1/2 billion for Selig, A-Rod gets the death sentence because A-Rod made 1/2 billion for A-Rod

jjgold

A-rod also way more involved than Braun for last 15 years

ARod did more roids than anyone on baseball history

hubie69
    I am JJs bookie
    hubie69's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 617

And this isn't ARod's first go with this either. Penalty should be more severe.

hubie69
    I am JJs bookie
    hubie69's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 617

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    A-rod also way more involved than Braun for last 15 years

ARod did more roids than anyone on baseball history

What kind of PED's do you take JJ?

jjgold

I took Winstrol for a while
    Not bad

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by hubie69 View Post
    What kind of PED's do you take JJ?
    Newark's finest bar blow.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status

A-Rod has never even been punished or failed any MLB drug tests, 1st offense=lifetime ban?.....Look all I'm saying is if you ban him for life, ban em all for life

Braun is more of a scumbag and got half a fukkin season......Basically taunting MLB and the collectors when he got off due to a technicality last year....

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

For a reputable name in baseball like A-Rod throughout his entire career... great athlete etc... I would be surprised he gets a lifetime ban. But... if you look at the business side of it... is Cashman trying to buy Selig's vote for a lifetime ban? Think about it. New York... Yankees... a household name... it would be a blessing for them to ban A-Rod so they don't have to pay him ever again. Something could be clicking like this behind the scenes.

Honestly, there's no other reason why baseball should ban him for life. Unless... someone telling Selig to do it... like... The Yankees. Very interesting story we have brewing here.

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    For a reputable name in baseball like A-Rod throughout his entire career... great athlete etc... I would be surprised he gets a lifetime ban. But... if you look at the business side of it... is Cashman trying to buy Selig's vote for a lifetime ban? Think about it. New York... Yankees... a household name... it would be a blessing for them to ban A-Rod so they don't have to pay him ever again. Something could be clicking like this behind the scenes.

Honestly, there's no other reason why baseball should ban him for life. Unless... someone telling Selig to do it... like... The Yankees. Very interesting story we have brewing here.
    This isn't a Cashman thing, this is a Selig trying to save whatever legacy he has thing.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

This isn't a Cashman thing, this is a Selig trying to save whatever legacy he has thing.
    Whatever it is... sounds like more of a business thing or a blessing for the Yankees. This will go down as one of the worst contracts in baseball... to the best result after the worst contract in baseball. A-Rod doesn't deserve the money... he hasn't produced sh#$.

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyLineDawg View Post
    Why is Arod possibly getting a lifetime ban and the others getting a half of a season?

What Braun did, throwing the testing guy under the bus and calling out MLB then getting popped has to be much worse than Arod, no?
    Hmmmm what could be the difference??? Hmmmm I wonder.

bradthebloke
    bradthebloke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 255

Quote Originally Posted by King Mayan View Post
    Hmmmm what could be the difference??? Hmmmm I wonder.
    the race baiter right on cue

12 Last