1. #1
    SBR Contests
    SBR Contests's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 09-04-08
    Posts: 725

    SBR World Poker Cup! Coming down to the wire!

    The 2013 SBR World Poker Cup is underway.

    Here are the top 12 for each country if everything ended today:

    #
    User Total Points Cashes Country
    1 foxx 6120 39 World
    2 wulfman14 5570 24 World
    3 brad89 5560 32 World
    4 Enkhbat 4440 28 World
    5 Optional 4430 24 World
    6 WillC 4400 13 World
    7 CookieMonster 3450 23 World
    8 panamabrad 2380 12 World
    9 katstale 1940 12 World
    10 Augustus 1900 14 World
    11 blacklady 1740 6 World
    12 Pegasus 1410 10 World
    1
    d2bets 10830 45 USA
    2 JAKEPEAVY21 9180 34 USA
    3 GUMMO77 8850 34 USA
    4 ShogunRua 8770 30 USA
    5 shock11 8570 35 USA
    6 ArunSh 8490 37 USA
    7 downsouth 8420 40 USA
    8 thecentaur 8340 32 USA
    9 sportfan 8020 35 USA
    10 chili_powder 7850 37 USA
    11 Ian 7770 33 USA
    12 TheGiant 7770 29 USA
    1
    moretti 7250 29 Europe
    2 Stefan 6550 40 Europe
    3 Diesel79 6240 38 Europe
    4 Stifler 5920 29 Europe
    5 hax 5010 19 Europe
    6 dare 4710 22 Europe
    7 nebunul 4660 20 Europe
    8 horja1 4490 15 Europe
    9 RealMadrid 4400 23 Europe
    10 slikec 4210 19 Europe
    11 dikefale 4210 17 Europe
    12 zwoeins 3940 23 Europe
    1
    boeingpower 8590 41 Canada
    2 sinmiedo 7970 24 Canada
    3 the_situation 7830 27 Canada
    4 ireland1946 6520 28 Canada
    5 the_locksmith 6490 32 Canada
    6 imack 6280 32 Canada
    7 BeerDog99 5240 27 Canada
    8 aggieshawn 5220 27 Canada
    9 k13 4790 22 Canada
    10 r3coil 4500 17 Canada
    11 akatdog 4240 23 Canada
    12 Soxsfan9 4070 19 Canada

  2. #2
    GUMMO77
    Under Wooded
    GUMMO77's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 08-23-10
    Posts: 9,322
    Betpoints: 2220

    12th place on the U.S. side jumped 850 points from the previous week

  3. #3
    BeerDog99
    BeerDog99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 09-22-10
    Posts: 4,886
    Betpoints: 627

    Wow, good job all of the >7000 point guys!

    SBR Bash
    Punta Cana
    Attendee 2/4/2017


  4. #4
    pavyracer
    Julia Alex.
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 04-12-07
    Posts: 67,901
    Betpoints: 2074

    Wow! World Team looks exactly the same as 4 months ago. Some really tough competition to make that team.
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 08/10/2020

    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 08/03/2020


  5. #5
    hhsilver
    hhsilver's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 06-07-07
    Posts: 6,096
    Betpoints: 3369

    Mainly for USA guys who may be within distance of top 12:

    If you don't know your point total, I have a file saved from the previous contest which will let me get your score for this one if you post your poker lobby total for 2013. The final Sat big one for that tourney also plays a role (not part of lobby score) if you cashed in that. I have that list also.

    So, if you post your lobby number I will give you your current score (at the time of your post) . It might to interesting to see who still has a chance.

    I'll start -- I'm at 6610 for this contest. Not close enough, I believe there are plenty ahead of me and not in top12.

    $20
    Angelman
    donation 02/17/2020


  6. #6
    sinmiedo
    sinmiedo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 03-10-10
    Posts: 2,697
    Betpoints: 316

    Quote Originally Posted by BeerDog99 View Post
    Wow, good job all of the >7000 point guys!
    congrats on your back to back 1st places. You are on fire!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    SBR Bash
    Punta Cana
    Attendee 2/4/2017


  7. #7
    GUMMO77
    Under Wooded
    GUMMO77's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 08-23-10
    Posts: 9,322
    Betpoints: 2220

    BD won back to back? RIGGED!


    but congrats

  8. #8
    BeerDog99
    BeerDog99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 09-22-10
    Posts: 4,886
    Betpoints: 627

    LOL, thanks guys, definitely Rigged (tm) but I will take it!

    SBR Bash
    Punta Cana
    Attendee 2/4/2017


  9. #9
    yisman
    yisman's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 09-01-08
    Posts: 73,611
    Betpoints: 139

    Quote Originally Posted by hhsilver View Post
    Mainly for USA guys who may be within distance of top 12:

    If you don't know your point total, I have a file saved from the previous contest which will let me get your score for this one if you post your poker lobby total for 2013. The final Sat big one for that tourney also plays a role (not part of lobby score) if you cashed in that. I have that list also.

    So, if you post your lobby number I will give you your current score (at the time of your post) . It might to interesting to see who still has a chance.

    I'll start -- I'm at 6610 for this contest. Not close enough, I believe there are plenty ahead of me and not in top12.
    thanks, I'm 11,880
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 08/10/2020

    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 08/06/2020

    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 08/03/2020

    $20
    Angelman
    donation 02/17/2020


  10. #10
    daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 09-14-08
    Posts: 27,098
    Betpoints: 1076

    SBR Poker Champ.JPG

    to the winner goes the badge

  11. #11
    hhsilver
    hhsilver's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 06-07-07
    Posts: 6,096
    Betpoints: 3369

    Quote Originally Posted by yisman View Post
    thanks, I'm 11,880
    11880 - 4790 = 7090

    $20
    Angelman
    donation 02/17/2020


  12. #12
    daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 09-14-08
    Posts: 27,098
    Betpoints: 1076

    or this one

    sbr poker.bmp
    Attached Images  

  13. #13
    boeing power
    boeing power's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 03-23-10
    Posts: 9,705
    Betpoints: 55

    Thanks for the update and love the format.



    Go Canada Go

  14. #14
    d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 08-10-05
    Posts: 30,379
    Betpoints: 2115

    Why are you all so bad at poker? hahaha #rigged

  15. #15
    pavyracer
    Julia Alex.
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 04-12-07
    Posts: 67,901
    Betpoints: 2074

    It's not rigged. The problem is most people don't fold low probability hands and go all in and end up winning the hand. This strategy works for a 10 point (50 cents) entry fee but if you were playing with a $1000 entry fee in real life will get you killed.
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 08/10/2020

    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 08/03/2020


  16. #16
    GUMMO77
    Under Wooded
    GUMMO77's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 08-23-10
    Posts: 9,322
    Betpoints: 2220

    Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post
    SBR Poker Champ.JPG

    to the winner goes the badge

    I'm buckling down now!

  17. #17
    d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 08-10-05
    Posts: 30,379
    Betpoints: 2115

    Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    It's not rigged. The problem is most people don't fold low probability hands and go all in and end up winning the hand. This strategy works for a 10 point (50 cents) entry fee but if you were playing with a $1000 entry fee in real life will get you killed.
    Not sure I quite buy what you're explaining. Cards are cards. You play bad, you do bad. Sure, you'll luck out sometimes (or get screwed sometimes), but over a longer term that stuff evens out, whether it's a 50 cent entry fee or a $1,000 entry fee. The people doing the best over the 5 month run are the ones (a) playing the most, and (b) playing the best.

  18. #18
    Triple_D_Bet
    Triple_D_Bet's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 12-12-11
    Posts: 7,618
    Betpoints: 2440

    Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    Not sure I quite buy what you're explaining. Cards are cards. You play bad, you do bad. Sure, you'll luck out sometimes (or get screwed sometimes), but over a longer term that stuff evens out, whether it's a 50 cent entry fee or a $1,000 entry fee. The people doing the best over the 5 month run are the ones (a) playing the most, and (b) playing the best.
    ...and most importantly of all, (c) enjoy playing an incredibly long, anti-climatic format for teeny tiny prizes

    SBR Bash
    Punta Cana
    Attendee 2/4/2017


  19. #19
    no1here
    no1here's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 03-23-09
    Posts: 5,615
    Betpoints: 310

    Thanks 11560 poker lobby total

    Quote Originally Posted by hhsilver View Post
    Mainly for USA guys who may be within distance of top 12:

    If you don't know your point total, I have a file saved from the previous contest which will let me get your score for this one if you post your poker lobby total for 2013. The final Sat big one for that tourney also plays a role (not part of lobby score) if you cashed in that. I have that list also.

    So, if you post your lobby number I will give you your current score (at the time of your post) . It might to interesting to see who still has a chance.

    I'll start -- I'm at 6610 for this contest. Not close enough, I believe there are plenty ahead of me and not in top12.
    Really sucks being booted from poker last night knowing that I still have a chance here.

  20. #20
    Wulfman14
    The Great Khali
    Wulfman14's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 08-24-10
    Posts: 8,877

    i havent played for 3 days straight and im still second on team world . LMAO

    also if pegasus and blacklady are MIA when the ryder cup starts can the top players of the team play multiple slots ?

  21. #21
    hhsilver
    hhsilver's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 06-07-07
    Posts: 6,096
    Betpoints: 3369

    Quote Originally Posted by no1here View Post
    Thanks 11560 poker lobby total


    Really sucks being booted from poker last night knowing that I still have a chance here.
    11560 - 4580 = 6980
    Points Awarded:

    no1here gave hhsilver 25 SBR Point(s) for this post.

    $20
    Angelman
    donation 02/17/2020


  22. #22
    d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 08-10-05
    Posts: 30,379
    Betpoints: 2115

    Quote Originally Posted by Triple_D_Bet View Post
    ...and most importantly of all, (c) enjoy playing an incredibly long, anti-climatic format for teeny tiny prizes
    Play it for the love o' the game.

    And it's not that tiny. I've cashed 10 of last 11 for 3,120 pts. That's 283 points per game played....or put another way, a $15 pizza card (283 pts) each tourney. At maybe 75 minutes per avg, that's like $12/hour and I can sit there eating last night's pizza while watching the game at the same time.

  23. #23
    Triple_D_Bet
    Triple_D_Bet's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 12-12-11
    Posts: 7,618
    Betpoints: 2440

    Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    Play it for the love o' the game.

    And it's not that tiny. I've cashed 10 of last 11 for 3,120 pts. That's 283 points per game played....or put another way, a $15 pizza card (283 pts) each tourney. At maybe 75 minutes per avg, that's like $12/hour and I can sit there eating last night's pizza while watching the game at the same time.
    3120 in your last 11 is a slightly-better-than-average streak, but anything done on SBR is only for the enjoyment of it anyways. But I'm not talking about the points won in the dailies themselves (which have always had good overlays); I'm referring to the World Cup format for which people are theoretically competing. World Cup is painfully unbalanced and awards such tiny prizes relative to the length of the series that the daily tourny prizes are the only real reason to play them, and it's easy for just about anything else in life to seem more fun.

    In my case I used to play every day religiously as I enjoyed the competitive aspect; with this long drawn out, minimally rewarding format it got boring quick and I switched to a daily real $$ tournament. It looks like quite a few others are similarly absent, so the contest isn't as competitive as others. Hoping SBR learns a lesson from this and the abysmal participation rates, but judging from 2012's world cup format it doesn't look good

    SBR Bash
    Punta Cana
    Attendee 2/4/2017


  24. #24
    d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 08-10-05
    Posts: 30,379
    Betpoints: 2115

    Quote Originally Posted by Triple_D_Bet View Post
    3120 in your last 11 is a slightly-better-than-average streak, but anything done on SBR is only for the enjoyment of it anyways. But I'm not talking about the points won in the dailies themselves (which have always had good overlays); I'm referring to the World Cup format for which people are theoretically competing. World Cup is painfully unbalanced and awards such tiny prizes relative to the length of the series that the daily tourny prizes are the only real reason to play them, and it's easy for just about anything else in life to seem more fun.

    In my case I used to play every day religiously as I enjoyed the competitive aspect; with this long drawn out, minimally rewarding format it got boring quick and I switched to a daily real $$ tournament. It looks like quite a few others are similarly absent, so the contest isn't as competitive as others. Hoping SBR learns a lesson from this and the abysmal participation rates, but judging from 2012's world cup format it doesn't look good
    Yeah, it's rather long. I'd like to see it switched to monthly tournaments (or maybe 4-5 weeks), in which you can play any 3 tourneys each week (same day or different day). That way most everyone can, if they want to, play their 3 per week and it will be more equal in terms of participation opportunity and less demanding for scheduling. Maybe limit them further to 25 per tournament and then only pay the Top 5 with better prizes. Take the Top 5 in total points from each month and have a semi-annual tournament for the winners. If you win multiple months, you get more chips in the tourney. Just a thought.

  25. #25
    GUMMO77
    Under Wooded
    GUMMO77's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 08-23-10
    Posts: 9,322
    Betpoints: 2220

    Quote Originally Posted by Triple_D_Bet View Post
    3120 in your last 11 is a slightly-better-than-average streak, but anything done on SBR is only for the enjoyment of it anyways. But I'm not talking about the points won in the dailies themselves (which have always had good overlays); I'm referring to the World Cup format for which people are theoretically competing. World Cup is painfully unbalanced and awards such tiny prizes relative to the length of the series that the daily tourny prizes are the only real reason to play them, and it's easy for just about anything else in life to seem more fun.

    In my case I used to play every day religiously as I enjoyed the competitive aspect; with this long drawn out, minimally rewarding format it got boring quick and I switched to a daily real $$ tournament. It looks like quite a few others are similarly absent, so the contest isn't as competitive as others. Hoping SBR learns a lesson from this and the abysmal participation rates, but judging from 2012's world cup format it doesn't look good
    Where are you playing real $$ if you don't mind me asking?

    And yea, this series is way too long. If you live in the U.S. and take the normal vacation without your computer -- or do bring your computer but actually spend some quality time with your family-friends-mistress-gay secret lover (in my case)-- then you're out of the running, barring a d2bets kinda run.

    Nonetheless, the overlay is good in the daily tournaments, as you said, and I'll take all the points I can get.

    As the great James D. Morrison said:


  26. #26
    yisman
    yisman's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 09-01-08
    Posts: 73,611
    Betpoints: 139

    got kicked out of poker last night during the tournament, lost 300 chips
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 08/10/2020

    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 08/06/2020

    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 08/03/2020

    $20
    Angelman
    donation 02/17/2020


  27. #27
    Triple_D_Bet
    Triple_D_Bet's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 12-12-11
    Posts: 7,618
    Betpoints: 2440

    Quote Originally Posted by GUMMO77 View Post
    Where are you playing real $$ if you don't mind me asking?

    And yea, this series is way too long. If you live in the U.S. and take the normal vacation without your computer -- or do bring your computer but actually spend some quality time with your family-friends-mistress-gay secret lover (in my case)-- then you're out of the running, barring a d2bets kinda run.

    Nonetheless, the overlay is good in the daily tournaments, as you said, and I'll take all the points I can get.

    As the great James D. Morrison said:

    Not a lot of good optios out there, but I'm messing around on Lock. Given their atrocious payout times and some uncertainty about their future, it's not clear how much better those tournies might be than an SBR daily

    SBR Bash
    Punta Cana
    Attendee 2/4/2017


  28. #28
    Carseller4
    Go Cubs Go!
    Carseller4's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 10-22-09
    Posts: 18,620

    I've played less than 4 weeks and would currently qualify for the World Team.

    I want that spot.

    $20
    Angelman
    donation 02/17/2020


  29. #29
    BeerDog99
    BeerDog99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 09-22-10
    Posts: 4,886
    Betpoints: 627

    Quote Originally Posted by Carseller4 View Post
    I've played less than 4 weeks and would currently qualify for the World Team.

    I want that spot.
    I am surprised that a self proclaimed Republican would beg as much as you do, I thought you blamed Democrats for begging?

    SBR Bash
    Punta Cana
    Attendee 2/4/2017


  30. #30
    Carseller4
    Go Cubs Go!
    Carseller4's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 10-22-09
    Posts: 18,620

    Quote Originally Posted by BeerDog99 View Post
    I am surprised that a self proclaimed Republican would beg as much as you do, I thought you blamed Democrats for begging?
    I ain't begging for shtt.

    I'm demanding it.

    $20
    Angelman
    donation 02/17/2020


  31. #31
    BeerDog99
    BeerDog99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 09-22-10
    Posts: 4,886
    Betpoints: 627

    Quote Originally Posted by Carseller4 View Post
    I ain't begging for shtt.

    I'm demanding it.
    LOL, you are deluded!

    SBR Bash
    Punta Cana
    Attendee 2/4/2017


  32. #32
    yisman
    yisman's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 09-01-08
    Posts: 73,611
    Betpoints: 139

    gave up after the day where I got booted from the tournament. Didn't even play Friday.
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 08/10/2020

    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 08/06/2020

    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 08/03/2020

    $20
    Angelman
    donation 02/17/2020


  33. #33
    blankoblanco
    blankoblanco's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 11-18-11
    Posts: 2,463
    Betpoints: 731

    Quote Originally Posted by Triple_D_Bet View Post
    In my case I used to play every day religiously as I enjoyed the competitive aspect; with this long drawn out, minimally rewarding format it got boring quick and I switched to a daily real $$ tournament. It looks like quite a few others are similarly absent, so the contest isn't as competitive as others. Hoping SBR learns a lesson from this and the abysmal participation rates, but judging from 2012's world cup format it doesn't look good
    Couldn't agree more. I played the dailies consistently for the first 2-3 weeks, was in good place in the standings, then realized how long the format was for such little prizes, just didn't feel like an exciting competition and I ended up not playing for a couple months. I've been back in the games a bit lately but only because I've had time and felt like playing for the daily freeplay prizes, nothing to do with the world cup promotion (since I already skipped far too many to have a shot anyway)

    I really hope they will just listen to all the complaints and make this thing shorter next time around especially if they're gonna offer such low prizes. I can win a 600 freeplay in one daily, which is the same bonus the 4th place team will get after playing four months of dailies to make world cup?? Even if your team is fortunate enough to get 1st place, 3k each is not much better. There's just not much incentive particularly for US players, and it's drawn out so long it becomes monotonous and not as exciting as a promotion like this should be.

    $20
    Angelman
    donation 02/17/2020


Top