1. #36
    Ghenghis Kahn
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 01-02-12
    Posts: 17,312
    Betpoints: 1520

    it's kinda ridiculous but most of these taxed dollars will end up in bunch of bankers pockets...
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 08/03/2020


  2. #37
    NrmlCurvSurfr
    NrmlCurvSurfr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 04-05-10
    Posts: 2,643
    Betpoints: 54

    Quote Originally Posted by Ghenghis Kahn View Post
    it's kinda ridiculous but most of these taxed dollars will end up in bunch of bankers pockets...
    fk those guys, if they want it they will have to come and take it...some taxes are unavoidable but taxpayers that are completely "honest"(what a joke that is, more like "trained") are getting robbed...and they do it willingly too. very sad.

  3. #38
    pavyracer
    Julia Alex.
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 04-12-07
    Posts: 67,910
    Betpoints: 2099

    Quote Originally Posted by Jefferey13 View Post
    A real plan that would work? I think we are about passed the point of redemption. We are slowly moving to more socialized types of programs.

    I would get a more balanced tax schedule, reduce handouts, and take a more libertarian approach (I am not a libertarian). I think we live in a time when we believe no one can be left behind. So we have so many social programs that provide things for people that should be their own responsibility. Social security should have never been put in place, unemployment is too long, foodstamps are a joke, and there should been no medical or whatever each state has in place. The government is not responsible to make sure each person has food and a job. They just need to take care of national issues and stay out of the way. Phil Mickelson is literally providing for hundreds of people to nothing day after day.
    Social Security: People should not be forced to retire at 65. They should stop working when they save enough on their own or keep working until they die if they can't save. This is like a punishment for people who don't save and spent all their income.

    Unemployment: Should only be 2 weeks benefits. Then if you can't find a job as an accountant anymore go work at McDonald's until you get a better job.

    Foodstamps: Abolish them. If you can't find food..get a job so you can eat.

    Medical: If you can't pay the doctor..don't go. Only people with money should get medical treatment.

    National issues: Government should provide just basic needs for people like maintaining highways and providing clean water and treating sewage as well as keeping the armed forces supplied with weapons but no need to overspend. If a bridge collapses or a submarine sinks..tough luck..accidents happen.
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 08/13/2020

    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 08/10/2020

    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 08/03/2020


  4. #39
    Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 02-09-08
    Posts: 14,853
    Betpoints: 159

    Quote Originally Posted by Jefferey13 View Post
    A real plan that would work? I think we are about passed the point of redemption. We are slowly moving to more socialized types of programs.

    I would get a more balanced tax schedule, reduce handouts, and take a more libertarian approach (I am not a libertarian). I think we live in a time when we believe no one can be left behind. So we have so many social programs that provide things for people that should be their own responsibility. Social security should have never been put in place, unemployment is too long, foodstamps are a joke, and there should been no medical or whatever each state has in place. The government is not responsible to make sure each person has food and a job. They just need to take care of national issues and stay out of the way. Phil Mickelson is literally providing for hundreds of people to nothing day after day.
    these are the kind of assholes who are killing the country. Not one mention of the oil companies getting handouts while again making record profits. Ah i don't need to go on. I could list 30 of these type of thieves but this asshole points right at the poor.

  5. #40
    InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 11-23-09
    Posts: 23,986
    Betpoints: 526

    meh...its fukked up but he wont end up paying over 50% in taxes

    even in the uk there are plenty of deductions to be had and this money runs through phil the business, not phil the individual

    did the accountant really imply that his expenses were paid post-taxes? yipes

    either way it's too much but then so is paying fukkin $10 a gallon of gas over there for every tom, dick and non royal george who drives over there

  6. #41
    King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 09-22-10
    Posts: 20,108
    Betpoints: 2040

    Quote Originally Posted by El Nino View Post
    People sympathizing for a guy that took home well over $800K for a pay period of work.

  7. #42
    King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 09-22-10
    Posts: 20,108
    Betpoints: 2040

    I hope he moves to Texas or Florida.. I'm tired of that fat silver spoon fukk crying about money..

  8. #43
    KingJD31
    KingJD31's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 11-04-11
    Posts: 8,158
    Betpoints: 6933

    Fuk face it's the douche bags having 10 kids with no job that are killing the country, guess what skin color?
    Quote Originally Posted by Thor4140 View Post
    these are the kind of assholes who are killing the country. Not one mention of the oil companies getting handouts while again making record profits. Ah i don't need to go on. I could list 30 of these type of thieves but this asshole points right at the poor.

  9. #44
    TheMoneyShot
    Update your status
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 02-14-07
    Posts: 24,309
    Betpoints: 90

    Just leave California. I'm sick of this Mickelson issue. All the golfers and professional athletes live in Florida for a reason... it's no secret.

First 12
Top