SBRPicks
    SBRPicks's Avatar Become A Pro!

This Week In Baseball Betting w/ Troy West and Loshak 7/23 - Pitt at Mia, TB at Yanks

In this week's edition of This Week In Baseball Betting, Troy West from AllPlaysWin.com and SBR Forum's Peter Loshak discuss some upcoming series this weekend that may have some betting value.

Jayvegas420
    Vegas Baby!
    Jayvegas420's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14709

Betting against Miami is not a huge limb to go out on but, still a good pick.
    The Cutch is starting to hit again!

Yankees are improving as far as ROI is concerned considering they were -7 units a month before the All Star break and now are as close to +ROI as the have been all year at +.75 units.

Loshak's right though, if the Yanks keep playing like this you will not get any value on them down the stretch until they play teams like TB or The Sox.

daddypoker23
    daddypoker23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1140

He needs be more specific..For example saying he would the take Under and what price would he take it at? under -115? -120? -125? ect.. or when he picks seattle at ML or RL? and at what price? just saying his taking a team is not enough. I could just tell you i want all the favorites but not at what price. And could brag about hitting over 50 percent in my picks.

CarpeDime
    CarpeDime's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1005

Quote Originally Posted by daddypoker23 View Post
    He needs be more specific..For example saying he would the take Under and what price would he take it at? under -115? -120? -125? ect.. or when he picks seattle at ML or RL? and at what price? just saying his taking a team is not enough. I could just tell you i want all the favorites but not at what price. And could brag about hitting over 50 percent in my picks.
    yes, of course price is everything, and I always try to mention and emphasize that in each show. Like in this one we discussed it with the Garza game

when discussing series like we do, of course we dont know what the lines will be, the lineups, the bullpen situations, and in some cases the starting pitchers, but it is interesting I think to look at MLB in terms of generalities and how things have gone recently and how they may go in the near future, i think there can be team tendencies that the market may not be fully caught up to yet, or short-term tendencies that the market overreacts to a bit

so yes we try to discuss specific prices as much as we can, and discussing series a week in advance has limitations of course, but I do think can be a valuable discussion, and that's why we specifically pick the series to discuss where we do think discussing a week in advance will have some value despite the limitations

daddypoker23

Maybe next time when you like a series or game. Just tell us viewers whats the max you would lay? or if your taking a underdog thats undervalued let us know that you wont take them unless its +165 or better.. something in that sort..

daddypoker23

I really think its a bad idea to pay for picks. maybe you could change my mind? but would love to track you. And see if your beating closing lines.. obviously i want a long sample.. who knows if you prove me wrong you might get some business. Since where all here to obviously make money.
    Last edited by daddypoker23; 07-24-13 at 01:25 PM.