hotelis
    hotelis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 957

Anyone Ever Known A Fix?

Has anyone here known a fix and made money off of it? Or perhaps, participated ?

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24866

I asked a MMA fighter to throw a fight one time. He just laughed at me.

teaserpleaser
    teaserpleaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

some of the soccer matches I bet im sure some are fixed.... I've bet on some fishy mma matches back in the day that im rather certain were fixed.

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

Yes but I cant talk about it since "they" are watching

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

most fixes happen in mma, boxing, horses and soccer..most other sports are clean and the ones I mentioned of course not all the time, watch odds movemenet especially in soccer.

the_orangekat
    the_orangekat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

The better question is has a sporting event ever NOT been fixed? Too much money changes hands for the powers that be (controlling elite) to ever leave ANYTHING to chance. Nothing in this life happens by accident.

ChalkyDog
    Buy the ticket, take the ride.
    ChalkyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

I got wind of the ASU point shaving situation pretty early in the process. However I wasn't hooked in. Made 2 plays based on "a little bird", both cashed.

Problem was, I didn't pound it - because I didn't believe it. I was also in my teens, not much I could have done.

There are a few instances where I knew the players had partied way too fukkin hard the night before, and most likely still blitzed when taking the court, but that isn't fixing.
    Last edited by ChalkyDog; 07-18-13 at 01:31 PM.

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29054

90% of posters in PT claim rigged or fixed almost everytime they lose their bets. Does that count? Lmao

TwoWays
    TwoWays's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3608

I once witnessed a basketball player at the free throw line winking at the ref handing him the ball and the ref winking back. I don't know if that counts, because it was Jason Collins shooting.

artyfudgepacker
    artyfudgepacker's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6480

jj u dont think nba playoffs is some what rigged ?

GUMMO77
    Many bags of soup. Many.
    GUMMO77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1726

Quote Originally Posted by 5mike5 View Post
    90% of posters in PT claim rigged or fixed almost everytime they lose their bets. Does that count? Lmao

trytrytry
    All I do is trytrytry
    trytrytry's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 273617

it has only happend to me once.

SHRINK gave me a horse at Calder wanted me also to wager for him up to 5k, as he knew I had many outs...later in the morning he said he did not need my outs but that since he alerted me and I was willing he would give me the horse at the last minute (after he got the info) if I promissed not to share or bet parimutual on it...

It was amazing I got the horse just 2 min before post. then by the time I got to may major accounts like bookmaker that have high horse limits Bookmaker had that race off the board, they stopped taking action on it! they must have been hit by some accounts or too much and they just took it off. (in the 6 years since that day bookmaker has never that I have seen taken a specific reace off the board like that!!!.....crap that was a large limit wager I could not get in, same with BETDSI who uses same software....now I really had to scramble...

I went as fast as I could to many other accounts
    (I had them all up and logged in so that was smart) and smashed this horse at their lower limits at a bunch of my outs.

this horse somehow managed to stay 4-1 on track as I recall on track and won by 6 lengths....

It was not a gamble in my mind it was predetermined this horse would win..It was pretty cool to be in the know on something. I never asked or found out the STORY behind it, I followed that stable and their horses for 12 months never seeing anything too crazy Im really not sure on that race what the story was..

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Arthur no way
    Too many people making big money to have a scandal

Ref scandal was just with one compulsive gambler even though it was huge.

Quote Originally Posted by artyfudgepacker View Post
    jj u dont think nba playoffs is some what rigged ?

Otters27
    Otters27's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Sometimes tennis is fixed

hotelis
    hotelis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 957

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Arthur no way
    Too many people making big money to have a scandal

Ref scandal was just with one compulsive gambler even though it was huge.
    The bigger the trick and the older the trick, the easier it is to pull, because --
    1. They think it can't be that old,
    2. They think it can't be that big,
    ... for so many people to have fallen for it.

harlee71
    harlee71's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 197

I don't know if this is the same thing or not, but March 2th, 2011 when Brandon Davies got suspended from BYU for Fcuking a white girl. #9 BYU threw their next game at home in Provo to protest the actions by the school. I have a couple of friends in SLC who got wind of what was going on. I took a chance and put all I had in my account on New Mexico on the road. They were something like +950 or maybe it was +1250 but I cleaned up puting about a dime on them. If you watched the game it was so obvious what was going on. Jimmer Fredette actually shot an airball free throw, and on a layup the ball went over the backboard. There was no defence and so many unforced turnovers and blatanly missed open shots, and it wasn't as close as the final 62-84.

Did they really throw the game? I dont know for certain, but I took a shot with the info that I had and it paid off big time!

Naz18
    Naz18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1940

Not ahead of time, but plenty of experts here can determine if a game is fixed or not after the conclusion of a game/fight.

billysink
    billysink's Avatar Become A Pro!

the fukk is a fix .

Tell you some shit about a rench or a rinkle a fukkin pike or two if you got time.

the fukk is a fix

keep a tight ass kids. fukkin squares.

robmpink
    Update your status
    robmpink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 43

Quote Originally Posted by trytrytry View Post
    it has only happend to me once.

SHRINK gave me a horse at Calder wanted me also to wager for him up to 5k, as he knew I had many outs...later in the morning he said he did not need my outs but that since he alerted me and I was willing he would give me the horse at the last minute (after he got the info) if I promissed not to share or bet parimutual on it...

It was amazing I got the horse just 2 min before post. then by the time I got to may major accounts like bookmaker that have high horse limits Bookmaker had that race off the board, they stopped taking action on it! they must have been hit by some accounts or too much and they just took it off. (in the 6 years since that day bookmaker has never that I have seen taken a specific reace off the board like that!!!.....crap that was a large limit wager I could not get in, same with BETDSI who uses same software....now I really had to scramble...

I went as fast as I could to many other accounts
    (I had them all up and logged in so that was smart) and smashed this horse at their lower limits at a bunch of my outs.

this horse somehow managed to stay 4-1 on track as I recall on track and won by 6 lengths....

It was not a gamble in my mind it was predetermined this horse would win..It was pretty cool to be in the know on something. I never asked or found out the STORY behind it, I followed that stable and their horses for 12 months never seeing anything too crazy Im really not sure on that race what the story was..

Do you recall what the horses ML was? Nice story, which I believe. Doesn't mean the race was fixed. You've been around awhile. Remember that classic old school racing thread at the rx? The race at Finger Lakes. It is in the classic section there.

robmpink
    Update your status
    robmpink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 43

Quote Originally Posted by harlee71 View Post
    I don't know if this is the same thing or not, but March 2th, 2011 when Brandon Davies got suspended from BYU for Fcuking a white girl. #9 BYU threw their next game at home in Provo to protest the actions by the school. I have a couple of friends in SLC who got wind of what was going on. I took a chance and put all I had in my account on New Mexico on the road. They were something like +950 or maybe it was +1250 but I cleaned up puting about a dime on them. If you watched the game it was so obvious what was going on. Jimmer Fredette actually shot an airball free throw, and on a layup the ball went over the backboard. There was no defence and so many unforced turnovers and blatanly missed open shots, and it wasn't as close as the final 62-84.

Did they really throw the game? I dont know for certain, but I took a shot with the info that I had and it paid off big time!

You are a funny lil guy. They "protested" with a "fix". Where do you people come from?

Dirty Sanchez
    Two time SBR Academy Award winner
    Dirty Sanchez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Quote Originally Posted by hotelis View Post
    Has anyone here known a fix and made money off of it? Or perhaps, participated ?
    Why yes....let me tell you the names and event as well.. Good Lord only on SBR

Bluehorseshoe
    Bluehorseshoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1557

I use to get horses at the Meadowlands. One race, one driver blocked out the field so our horse could win. He went back and forth while our shit horse held on.

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

Yes and yes. Mich/NW cbb, Ball st/Tulsa cfb.

Seaweed
    Update your status
    Seaweed's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6952

Many times, even involved in Canadian soccer .

Boner_18
    Update your status
    Boner_18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1031

Mostly happens in horses, trotters especially.

sbrhedge
    sbrhedge's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Quote Originally Posted by Boner_18 View Post
    Mostly happens in horses, trotters especially.
    +1

Trotters are REALLY shaky.

I saw a guy pull up on the ropes big time about 50m before the finish, and then didn't even show.