BadNina
    I did troubles!!
    BadNina's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13869

Quote Originally Posted by Willie Bee View Post
    I'd love to help you out and tell you wal, but you're just going to have to wait for my book when I retire and pay the $19.95 ($8.95 paperback) like everyone else...not counting The Prick, Bread, Teela, BigBoyDan and Binar 99 which are my ghosts.
    Hi Dad! Aren't you glad offspring don't count as ghosts?

Hugs & kisses!

wal66
    wal66's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by pags11 View Post
    would a moderator please confirm for everyone that I have never had a ghost account in my history at SBR?...they can check IP address to validate this so all of you jokers can give it a rest...

moderator?

Pags.............take no offense. The intent behind your name being mentioned was mere based on your poularity. We are all aware that you are you and could never split time being someone else. I could have used JJ as a reference but everyone knows he has a number of identities. I seriously doubt anyone here really thinks you are more than just Pags.

SCRAGGS
    The toe is back
    SCRAGGS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 109

about how many identities does jj have?

hhsilver
    hhsilver's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29934

It was mentioned that ghosts may be in the contests. In BTP, for example, how would this be possible? The prize goes to an actual account at a book where the name and info would have to match what sbr has.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Quote Originally Posted by hhsilver View Post
    It was mentioned that ghosts may be in the contests. In BTP, for example, how would this be possible? The prize goes to an actual account at a book where the name and info would have to match what sbr has.
    You don't think is easy going to my frat brothers and asking them to open up accounts where I can access them all and enter the contest with multiple identities and clean up the board. Or use grandma, uncle, cousin, etc?

hhsilver
    hhsilver's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29934

ok - I see what you mean. But I don't think it would be easy to get friends/relatives to open an account they have no interest in at Bodog , etc for the BTP . But you never know what people would have the nerve to ask others to do for them.

wal66

I have no idea since I don't do the contest or anything but I do know human nature, and if there is a way to circumvent there are those that will. Not suggesting anyone here would do such a thing, just that it could be done and wouldn't be terribly difficult to do.

This isn't what I was intending to get involved in though. I was merely wondering about ghosting ingeneral. I was board and looking for some inter-action that's all.

I'm not creative enough to give daily or weekly perspectives on "Thing's I Don't Like" or power post or bash and hate. I just thought I would try and get a better understanding of ghosting.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

wal66,

Basically it depends on the mods. They will let a ghost fly under the radar or ban immediately. There are no rules. It doesn't say anywhere in the rules you can't ghost. If you can't spot the ghosts then there is something wrong.

pags11
    pags11's Avatar Become A Pro!

wal,

I understand what you are saying but would like the mods to verify that I have no ghosts to put this bullshit rumor to bed...have heard it for about the last four years...

wal66

That part I wasn't aware of. I wouldn't have used you as an example had I known of such rumor unless provoked which obviously wasn't the case.

pags11

wal,

no sweat man...I spend enough time battling with other posters, posting my picks and researching games...I think you and most others know I don't have time for creating ghosts...

BadNina
    I did troubles!!

With proxy IPs it wouldn't be difficult for anyone to ghost...even Pags.

pags11

nina,

I haven't a clue what a proxy IP is so you will have to take my word that I don't have any ghosts...just like I take you're word that your thin...
    Last edited by pags11; 10-17-09 at 01:47 AM. Reason: nina is in my head...

BadNina
    I did troubles!!

That should be "you're" for you are thin.

And I didn't say you were. I just said it is technically possible. Google proxy IPs, luv, and you will see.

tacomax
    SBR Problem Poster 2007-08
    tacomax's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1167

Nina, unless you had a $40,000 education in English then SHUT UP.

BadNina
    I did troubles!!

I asked him once before when he corrected one of my post if he really wanted to play Grammar Police with me. He said yes.

Madukwe
    Madukwe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 235

I don't like this because I am fitting into your descriptions of ghosts...

pts compared to posts,
    placing third in beat lou contest, second in bodog football, and final four in NIT

For the record (if anyone actually gives a shit, which I am doubting) I started in this forum about 4 or 5 months ago because i was interested in playing sbr poker and a friend recommended me to join. it hooked me, next thing i know i'm posting/betting/playing contests. Now i'm doing well in pts books and contests. If someone called me a ghost, it would be very wrong, but would actually serve as a compliment because it means people think I know what I'm doing!!

Just anther perspective on the whole issue, from someone who hasn't been around for a while...

MexicanStallion
    MexicanStallion's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11165

Quote Originally Posted by Madukwe View Post
    I don't like this because I am fitting into your descriptions of ghosts...

pts compared to posts,
    placing third in beat lou contest, second in bodog football, and final four in NIT

For the record (if anyone actually gives a shit, which I am doubting) I started in this forum about 4 or 5 months ago because i was interested in playing sbr poker and a friend recommended me to join. it hooked me, next thing i know i'm posting/betting/playing contests. Now i'm doing well in pts books and contests. If someone called me a ghost, it would be very wrong, but would actually serve as a compliment because it means people think I know what I'm doing!!

Just anther perspective on the whole issue, from someone who hasn't been around for a while...
    That would be me who recommended you to join

BadNina
    I did troubles!!

That's kinda sorta how Robyn and I came to be here. Sportsgirl told us and viola!

pags11

nina,

the only game I told you I would play with you is hide and seek with the salami...

Madukwe
    Madukwe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 235

Quote Originally Posted by MexicanStallion View Post
    That would be me who recommended you to join
    Yes it was Mexi, and I thank you

StraitShooter
    Miami Florida
    StraitShooter's Avatar Become A Pro!

Madukwe..You obviously aint no ghost

You post daily and joined before the points candy started getting handed out

You have had some good fortune in accumulating points

and..have you even bought anything yet?

Had my fourth pizza last night

rest of my points are in the stallion`s joint along with my shirt

The Prick
    Make America Great
    The Prick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3625

Quote Originally Posted by pags11 View Post
    nina,

the only game I told you I would play with you is hide and seek with the vienna sausage....

fixed

teaserpleaser
    teaserpleaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

Cougar Bait
    2010 Poster of the Year
    Cougar Bait's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3289

Quote Originally Posted by compaqDikk View Post
    fishhead tripled his betpoints by creating ghosts from different Tampa bay panera breads

nosniboR11
    fu
    nosniboR11's Avatar Become A Pro!

and of course a ghost would pull this thread up

Sportsgirl
    Sportsgirl's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 169

Quote Originally Posted by BadNina View Post
    That's kinda sorta how Robyn and I came to be here. Sportsgirl told us and viola!
    Based on that, it's kind of amazing that the three of us are still friends.

Al Masters
    Al Masters's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11516

Quote Originally Posted by Sportsgirl View Post
    Based on that, it's kind of amazing that the three of us are still friends.
    Are you still friends with Mofo,and if so how is he doing,is he actively posting anywhere.

Has he come to terms with Kens passing?

How bout them Steelers.

First 12