WvGambler
    WvGambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

For or against Yasiel Puig in ASG?

I'm for it. You want to win, you want to be entertained. I think he would be a huge asset to NL roster. I want the WS game 7 to be in Pittsburgh, where I can attend.

Thoughts? Indifference?

pinnacle420
    THE LOCALS WORST NIGHTMARE
    pinnacle420's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1913

hes played a month... not deserving period!!

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

Game supposedly is for the fans. The fans want to see him

Winner determines HFA. He's been the best player in baseball since he was promoted.

No brainer, really.

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM
    El Nino's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1868

Against, it's one hot month. Guy is a dancing bear in the outfield.

Bcatswin
    Bcats Winning Everywhere
    Bcatswin's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5350

I don't think he deserves but being a Reds fan and having a legit shot at the Playoffs i would rather have him than any other on the fan vote in list.

jnickell100
    jnickell100's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 269

I say yes. You want the best players to be out there. All star game means home field adv. now. If the game didn't mean anything then I'd say no. But when home field depends on it then he should regardless of how long he's played.

crustyme
    dont i look killer?
    crustyme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

bryce harper was an all-star last season hitting .283 8 hrs 25 rbi.

puig is currently hitting .409 8 hrs 19 rbi.

if harper belong then puig does too.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 332

I would rather see him than a representative from every team. Are there any Padres, Cubs, or Marlins that are truly more deserving than he is?
    Last edited by Mr KLC; 07-07-13 at 09:27 PM.

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

why would anyone oppose seeing puig?

he is an all-star...

WvGambler

Quote Originally Posted by Mr KLC View Post
    I would rather see him than a representative from every team. Are there any Padres, Cubs, or Marlins that are truly more deserving than he is?
    Jose Fernandez (Marlins) absolutely does.

Naz18
    Naz18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1940

Don't care....if he gets voted in then big deal, it's what the people want.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 332

Quote Originally Posted by WvGambler View Post
    Jose Fernandez (Marlins) absolutely does.
    I agree with you there. He's definitely a fine pitcher, and will do great when the Marlins trade him to a major league club 2-3 years from now, but I guarantee you the casual fan has hardly even heard of this guy. If you want ratings, Puig is the guy to put in.

pinnacle420
    THE LOCALS WORST NIGHTMARE
    pinnacle420's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1913

Quote Originally Posted by Mr KLC View Post
    yes travis wood

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

how could anyone be against it?

WvGambler

Plenty of people think you need more than just 30 hot days to represent your team in an all star game. It's still an honor. I'm not so sure he deserves it over guys like Pence, Starling Marte, and Freddy Freeman who have put in a complete 3 solid months.

I still say he should be in, because at the end of the day it's what the fans want (assuming it is what they want). But I think him being voted in this way, is the only proper way.

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

he's pretty much a lock as the fan vote unless one city stuffs the ballot box

that's why they have the extra player vote

and my opinion? just like when manny when to the dodgers, you could make a case that he's currently the most valuable player in the NL in spite of his limited time

WvGambler

Quote Originally Posted by InTheDrink View Post
    he's pretty much a lock as the fan vote unless one city stuffs the ballot box

that's why they have the extra player vote

and my opinion? just like when manny when to the dodgers, you could make a case that he's currently the most valuable player in the NL in spite of his limited time
    In the'er The Dodgers wouldnt be in playoffs if season stopped today

In the'er The Dodgers are still only 19-13 with him, and a lot of those wins came on a single hot streak....that followed a 2-7 stretch that he was part of.

In the 'er, some could argue that in that span he isnt even the most valuable guy in his own lineup (Hanley)

easyliving
    easyliving's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11

the matter of fact is he has no bussiness being even discussed as an all star with only 1 month under his belt. yet the hype is big enough that he will get voted in by a large margin. The true baseball fan knows Puig shouldn't even be in the discussion. However the casual fan just wants him in because they think he will bring excitement to the game and it is 1 more reason watch the game and MLB knows this hence the reason they included him in the ballot.

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

In the'er The Dodgers wouldnt be in playoffs if season stopped today

In the'er The Dodgers are still only 19-13 with him, and a lot of those wins came on a single hot streak....that followed a 2-7 stretch that he was part of.

In the 'er, some could argue that in that span he isnt even the most valuable guy in his own lineup (Hanley)
    they wouldnt be in the playoffs because they sucked bag when he (and hanley) werent around

ill grant that hanley is right there with him but theyve basically been 1-2 in the nl since theyve both been with the team

not to mention that its not like the nl outfield corps is some amazing group

jesus just think about how bad the rest of the dodgers are

yisman

Quote Originally Posted by easyliving View Post
    the matter of fact is he has no bussiness being even discussed as an all star with only 1 month under his belt. yet the hype is big enough that he will get voted in by a large margin. The true baseball fan knows Puig shouldn't even be in the discussion. However the casual fan just wants him in because they think he will bring excitement to the game and it is 1 more reason watch the game and MLB knows this hence the reason they included him in the ballot.
    The matter of fact is that he's contributed more to his team in one month than guys like Hunter Pence have in 3.

Look at his WAR.

The true baseball fan knows Puig belongs in the game, because this is what the game is for.

I'm not sure how much you follow this, but every year there are mediocre players making the ASG because of a hot start, or because of the team they're on.

The fans want him in.

He could help the NL more than the other guys in the discussion can.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: William Walters

TwoWays
    TwoWays's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3608

all it takes is effort to stand out and contribute on that dodger team.

WvGambler

Quote Originally Posted by yisman View Post
    The matter of fact is that he's contributed more to his team in one month than guys like Hunter Pence have in 3.

Look at his WAR.

The true baseball fan knows Puig belongs in the game, because this is what the game is for.

I'm not sure how much you follow this, but every year there are mediocre players making the ASG because of a hot start, or because of the team they're on.

The fans want him in.

Looking at WAR then, Marte should be in and Pence shouldn't be on the ballot.

yisman

Looking at WAR then, Marte should be in and Pence shouldn't be on the ballot.
    I agree. Pence hasn't been that good. He has a .314 OBP. No one with an OBP that low should get All Star consideration.

Some facts about Hunter Pence:

career .336 OBP
    Never hit over 25 homers in a season.
    Only once exceeded 97 RBI
    Never scored over 93 runs

Consistently average to above average offensively and a poor defensive player.
    Last edited by yisman; 07-08-13 at 12:03 AM.

Rich Boy
    Rich Boy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1106

MLB needs exciting players like Puig to boost ratings and get people excited to watch baseball

I bet if he makes it tons of people will tune in to watch the all star game when they would not have otherwise.

No other player in the league can bring as much excitement and attention to a single game than Puig right now.

If MLB is smart they will put him in there.

yisman

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Boy View Post

If MLB is smart they will put him in there.
    Well, now it's up to the fans to vote him in.

ROYAJA8
    ROYAJA8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 257

Of course he's earned it. He will lead the Dodgers to the promise land. I rather a young stud make it over a veteran Player who gets the vote just off the name.

Robber
    Robber's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 92737

He should be in

One if the greatest months ever

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

i wrote him in as my 3rd outfielder when i voted other day before closing..in more important ass shit looks like finally yadi overtook the sf ballot stuffers (not only thing those fans stuff). and is rightfully the starting catcher..congrats Yadi!!

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Totally AGAINST, and that is not a knock against Puig. It is just that NO player that has been up a month should be picked for an All-Star Game over a player that has performed all season. Besides, Puig looks like he will be in many All-Star Games to come, although that aside is irrelevant to this topic.

crustyme
    dont i look killer?
    crustyme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

precedence was set when bryce harper was named an all star last season after being a late call up.

Catchn_Picks
    Catchn_Picks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15716

Puig will get in because of the fans...buy look how much a manager can do with him off the bench late in the game....pinch runner from anyplace on the field. Pinch hitter...it's done

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

I want to see him in the H.R. derby.

Monchito
    Easy Come Easy Go
    Monchito's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2485

Dodgers road to the world series??? O_O

William Walters
    William Walters's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

Quote Originally Posted by easyliving View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by yisman View Post

Look at his WAR.

The fans want him in.

yisman gets it

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

since this game does mean something. I think you have to have the best players out there...

Anyone who would rather have Hunter Pence than Puig is an idiot.

12 Last