View Poll Results: Who you like today???

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • Dodgers - Ryu +100

18 66.67%
  • D-backs Skaggs -110

9 33.33%
    BennyBigNuts
    BennyBigNuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1078

7/10- Dodgers or D-backs today boys. Is this game as easy as it looks??

I'm on Ryu and the Dodgers tonight +100.

Dodgers are just pummeling everyone right now. I like betting Ryu although he hasn't had his best stuff last couple times out, he still won his last 3 starts. He's a battler out there for sure. Throws way too many waste pitches as most of the Asian pitchers tend to do.

Skaggs is nothing special, d-backs pen is garbage, and they are struggling right now bigtime.
    This price seems like a mystery today. I see Dodgers true line being -130 or so.

Price is right, Dodgers are hot, let's get a winner today boys.

DODGERS RYU +100

Had a loser yesterday and didn't get pounded with trolls after, so I'm leaving my Ignore list out of my thread today.

Let's focus on winning some games and getting this money.

Who you like today???? BigBear? Nasher? Smoke? Kock? Easyliving????

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

I like Jeremy Hellickson and the Rays alot but i hate the price.

Ryu is one of my favorite pitchers to bet on. Although Chase Field is a tough place to pitch.

Ive never seen skaggs pitch and dont know anything about him though.

I agree Dodgers are swinging hot bats

BennyBigNuts
    BennyBigNuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1078

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    I like Jeremy Hellickson and the Rays alot but i hate the price.

Ryu is one of my favorite pitchers to bet on. Although Chase Field is a tough place to pitch.

Ive never seen skaggs pitch and dont know anything about him though.

I agree Dodgers are swinging hot bats
    You're always laying that heavy wood bro. Gotta find better prices in MLB to profit.
    Who else you like today??

Mets are a pretty live dog. Marlins also. Pirates are struggling but Liriano has been unhittable.
    Tons of games to choose from other than some -180 plays.

konck
    Listen the toilet is flushing
    konck's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2311

Rd robin for me Mets-Miami-RocksMets going for the sweep Miami that kid had a bad outing after the 9 inning cg but you can expect that ...they baby him thats for sure the 9 was a shocker he had 5 and 7 days rest in 2 of the last 3 starts (they way it should be ....Mets take a lesson there) He should go 7 today and hope we can hang on for 2 innings. Rocks well they let us down last night Im giving the ace another shot with plus money on the line here
    Last edited by konck; 07-10-13 at 10:15 AM.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Nah i don't like laying the wood. I'm just saying I really like the way Hellickson is pitching right now.. he's a guy i really trust on the mound.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

I may tail you on Dodgers

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM
    El Nino's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1868

I played the under here. Would take Dodgers if I was on a side though.

BOL

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

I like the dodgers as well. Good luck

konck
    konck's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke View Post
    I like the dodgers as well. Good luck

joco
    joco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8045

i agree. dodgers and mets.

crustyme
    dont i look killer?
    crustyme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

fade.

ryu 4.50 era .354 ba vs dbacks.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Michael Cuddyer said Skaggs is very is similar to Barry Zito during the Oakland A's years... thats a pretty nice compliment.

Vinnie Paz
    Vinnie Paz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3413

Bear lay the lumber on the cincy reds today. They win by multiple runs

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Quote Originally Posted by Vinnie Paz View Post
    Bear lay the lumber on the cincy reds today. They win by multiple runs
    good call.

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

does skaggs have amazing stuff?

i am scared of him, he was dominant vs. rockies

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

Nooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!

Bet10Heinekens
    Bet10Heinekens's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5044

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Quote Originally Posted by face View Post
    does skaggs have amazing stuff?

i am scared of him, he was dominant vs. rockies
    haha u can see video of him on MLB.COM

hes not a power pitcher like patrick Corbin.

he's a soft tossing lefty similar to barry zito or paul malholm

ronniejamedio
    ronniejamedio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2250

Dodgers are the play here and should be fav. But arizona is home and in first place, so you cant put em down as a home dog. But ive been riding the lad train and will continue to do so till all star break. 5 games left i expect them to go at least 3-2

konck
    konck's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by konck View Post
    Rd robin for me Mets-Miami-RocksMets going for the sweep Miami that kid had a bad outing after the 9 inning cg but you can expect that ...they baby him thats for sure the 9 was a shocker he had 5 and 7 days rest in 2 of the last 3 starts (they way it should be ....Mets take a lesson there) He should go 7 today and hope we can hang on for 2 innings. Rocks well they let us down last night Im giving the ace another shot with plus money on the line here
    Mets WinMarlins Win 1 to go need the Rocks for a rd RobinAlso made a small thread about betting against Hellweg rl that wonSomebody stop me.....Oh yeah I lost on horses again stumpled

konck
    konck's Avatar SBR PRO

Man I never bet with the public % wise Dodgers are around 53-58 plus the 14-3 vote here I gotta pass im 3 for 3 today just need the Rocks but GL on the Dodgers

KidSeoul
    KidSeoul's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 584

Got in early on this and got the Dodgers -108 but my plays today were fading the public and this one is now +101 on my book so it's working out great! As a matter of fact, I'm about to hit it again for some more in a few! Let's go Ryu and the korean kimchi power he possesses!

DeezusWINSTREAKT
    DeezusWINSTREAKT's Avatar Become A Pro!

I don't think Dbacks are ready for them again. Pahl goldschmidt can only do so much and with all the bad outfielding and no hitting if this game is to be played I'm on dodgers. D backs suffered a few sweeps this season I do remember one being At home

You mad bro
    You mad bro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: -23

Quote Originally Posted by KidSeoul View Post
    Got in early on this and got the Dodgers -108 but my plays today were fading the public and this one is now +101 on my book so it's working out great! As a matter of fact, I'm about to hit it again for some more in a few! Let's go Ryu and the korean kimchi power he possesses!
    Dodgers are the public side though

KidSeoul

Quote Originally Posted by You mad bro View Post
    Dodgers are the public side though
    Then why has the line moved in favor of the Diamondbacks? Wouldn't that signify that the public money is pushing the lines in that direction?

You mad bro
    You mad bro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: -23

Then why has the line moved in favor of the Diamondbacks? Wouldn't that signify that the public money is pushing the lines in that direction?
    Idk lol.. Lines confuse me because I'm always getting buried by fading the public .. I might be doing something wrong haha

KidSeoul

Quote Originally Posted by You mad bro View Post
    Idk lol.. Lines confuse me because I'm always getting buried by fading the public .. I might be doing something wrong haha
    "Fading the public" simply means that you're betting against what the majority, the "public", are betting on.

In this case, the D'backs lost twice already, Skaggs is pitching, and the public might think that the first place D'backs shouldn't lose three in a row at home. Therefore, the public is betting heavily on the D'Backs, which is causing them to become a heavier favorite as we get closer to game time.

Therefore if you want to Fade The Public, the bet would be for the Dodgers, which is clearly a great bet tonight!

riffraff24
    ...and out come the wolves
    riffraff24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

I fade my pubics. Keepin it fresh down below for the lady is always appreciated.

OhMyEli
    OhMyEli's Avatar Become A Pro!

"Fading the public" simply means that you're betting against what the majority, the "public", are betting on.

In this case, the D'backs lost twice already, Skaggs is pitching, and the public might think that the first place D'backs shouldn't lose three in a row at home. Therefore, the public is betting heavily on the D'Backs, which is causing them to become a heavier favorite as we get closer to game time.

Therefore if you want to Fade The Public, the bet would be for the Dodgers, which is clearly a great bet tonight!
    Though I'll go small on the Dodgers you're wrong. The books want equal action on both sides, with big market teams (LA, NY, CHI, MIA) in every sport they will automatically get tons of action on name alone. Even with that, the Dodgers having their #2 ace and being hot lately, they are still dogs. I'm not quite sure the logic here, but it's fishy. If the DBacks werent sitting so many guys it'd be an autoplay.

KidSeoul

Quote Originally Posted by riffraff24 View Post
    I fade my pubics. Keepin it fresh down below for the lady is always appreciated.

True that!

KidSeoul

Quote Originally Posted by OhMyEli View Post
    Though I'll go small on the Dodgers you're wrong. The books want equal action on both sides, with big market teams (LA, NY, CHI, MIA) in every sport they will automatically get tons of action on name alone. Even with that, the Dodgers having their #2 ace and being hot lately, they are still dogs. I'm not quite sure the logic here, but it's fishy. If the DBacks werent sitting so many guys it'd be an autoplay.
    No you're wrong.
    As much as they would have auto action due to their respective constituents, or due to their popularity as a big market, the public is on Arizona tonight. Rarely does the line move steadily throughout the day if there are a few big rollers moving the line. Generally, a steady move, or any line move for the most part, is a result of the majority, typically due to the masses, of money being placed on one side.

Yes, the goal of a line is to have equal action on both sides so the book can collect their vig, but if the line moves in one direction too much, and there isn't a chance that other books could take the action off of other books to equal the sides, then generally the public is moving the line too heavily in one direction and that is the public bet.

daddypoker23
    daddypoker23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1140

Dodgers str money in the bank

OhMyEli
    OhMyEli's Avatar Become A Pro!

Both of these pitchers are pitching horrendous tonight

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Books take certain positions on games as well and lay off action elsewhere. So much goes on that unless you have information that's not public knowledge, interpreting line movements can be very difficult if not altogether impossible. It's easy to think because a line moved one way, that the public is moving the line but it could be a multitude of factors. Factor that in with the idea that teams don't know the lines and are playing to win and voila, it's all peanuts anyways.

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM
    El Nino's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1868

Dodgers should have 6 or 7 runs easily. They are sleep walking themselves right out of this game.

12 Last