mirinquads
    Eat my enormous ballsack boys
    mirinquads's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7742

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    King most mma fighters are fukkin working two jobs of course there are fixes

Boxing has tons of them still and much more money in it

Manipulating champs and re matches is good business 101 in fighting and now spewing into MMA
    Still not seeing any examples you doopy moofugga.

SportsPedagogy
    SportsPedagogy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 266

Anderson wasn't "being cocky." It had a purpose. Did you not see him get taken down and pounded on in the first few minutes? That could have happened all day. To keep Weidman from shooting in again and taking him down, Anderson started dropping his hands and taunting Weidman into a stand up war where Silva would have the advantage, it was working until he got caught.

JJ, just because the fighters do not make a lot of money from fights, (Anderson makes a lot of money from fights) does not mean they would throw a fight to make some extra cash. Every loss in MMA is one step closer to a pink slip, its another tarnish on your reputation and it is another notch in the loss column that they can never get back. Most fighters make their living off of running gyms and getting sponsors. The weaker you do, the less likely you are to make money on the side. Also, if you got busted for throwing a fight, you would basically lose all of that. Risk vs reward.

Beelzebubzy
    Beelzebubzy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5104

What wa pettis injury

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Are there any regs with this sport?!

Drug checks??

The iron sheik
    The iron sheik's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

what a moron

Beelzebubzy

Maybe sports ped can give us some inside scoop

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Are there any regs with this sport?!

Drug checks??
    lol

jjgold

Sport out of control
    Around here everyone wants to be a mma fighter or think he is

Tattoo... Muscle driven jocks and westerners that like coke and chicks

I prefer to stay away and be at library reading romances

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Sport out of control

haha "Around here"... aren't you in New York, surely it's not surprising that there are "Westerners" there?!

jjgold

Vaughn i am all over

Vaughnny do you still give mma winners??

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Vaughn i am all over

Vaughnny do you still give mma winners??
    ha I see. Now and again fella, Carlos Condit to beat Martin Kampmann there's one for you

Beelzebubzy

Jobe wan kenobi

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

lots of muscular dudes walking around in tap out shirts giving everyone the stink eye

Sato
    Sato's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 72

Lotta people with pumped up arms walking around thinking they own the place...they can beat ya up if they want to.

forthewin
    forthewin's Avatar Become A Pro!

Its ironic that after giving no serious effort and after the fight stating that he wants no rematch, has made enough money, and no longer wants to fight for a title; he now is being placed in an immediate rematch. Dana Dana White said, "it will be the biggest fight in UFC history money wise." But wasn't that supposed to be the case with the Silva-Jones fight which was next if Silva beat Weidman? Seems like someone didn't want the Jones fight to happen. Anyway after that effort and denouncing any interest In a rematch why not give the fight to Belfort, Evans, or possibly Henderson first? That effort deserved no immediate rematch regardless of his legacy and he should have to wait next in line.

MD
    MD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 254

Quote Originally Posted by forthewin View Post
    Its ironic that after giving no serious effort and after the fight stating that he wants no rematch, has made enough money, and no longer wants to fight for a title; he now is being placed in an immediate rematch. Dana Dana White said, "it will be the biggest fight in UFC history money wise." But wasn't that supposed to be the case with the Silva-Jones fight which was next if Silva beat Weidman? Seems like someone didn't want the Jones fight to happen. Anyway after that effort and denouncing any interest In a rematch why not give the fight to Belfort, Evans, or possibly Henderson first? That effort deserved no immediate rematch regardless of his legacy and he should have to wait next in line.
    Welp, there goes any chance of anyone ever taking you seriously.

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

nothing wrong with women and coke...
    Sport out of control

sourtwist
    not a non pro
    sourtwist's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 548

Quote Originally Posted by MD View Post
    Welp, there goes any chance of anyone ever taking you seriously.
    Should we tell him they are in the wrong weight class?

MD

Quote Originally Posted by sourtwist View Post
    As long as we don't tell him how many fights in a row Hendo has lost now. Let's not crush the poor guy's hope.

The iron sheik
    The iron sheik's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Henderson is really close to a titleshot at 185. I think he needs a high profile win before that, though.

Frank Trigg, for example.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Maybe he meant Benson?! hehe

forthewin

Maybe I should be the first to inform you that Evans has gone on the record of saying he would drop to 185 for a big fight. Maybe you don't consider a title fight, a big fight?

forthewin

Maybe you should tell me that Dan Henderson held both the 185 and 205 pound titles at the same time. So does Weidman fight at 170 now?

forthewin

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    Maybe he meant Benson?! hehe
    Jumping in on the bandwagon huh? I am not fan of Hendo getting all or these high profile fights when he continues to lose. But if you notice I listed him last in line for the fight. The important fact is "he will come to fight" and with his wrestling will match up well with Weidman to where it will become more of a striking battle. Would he win? More than likely not, unless he catches him with that H-bomb, but in my initial posting of sarcasm, the point is any of them would give more of an effort than Silva did.
    Last edited by forthewin; 07-26-13 at 08:00 AM.

forthewin

Quote Originally Posted by The iron sheik View Post
    Henderson is really close to a titleshot at 185. I think he needs a high profile win before that, though.

Frank Trigg, for example.
    You would just love that fight wouldn't you? Maybe Royce Gracie perhaps?

forthewin

As long as we don't tell him how many fights in a row Hendo has lost now. Let's not crush the poor guy's hope.
    I know exactly how many fights Hendo has lost which is why he was placed last on the list. He still always comes to fight with 100 % effort, which is much more than what could be said about Silva's last go. Would I want to see Weidman-Henderson no. But after that last performance and the comments made afterwards, any of the three listed (in that ORDER) deserve a shot before the Silva-Weidman rematch.
    Last edited by forthewin; 07-26-13 at 11:48 AM.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

lol

Ron_Paul_2012
    Ron_Paul_2012's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3985

I no exactly how many fights Hendo has lost which is why he was placed last on the list. He still always comes to fight with 100 % effort, which is much more than what could be said about Silva's last go. Would I want to see Weidman-Henderson no. But after that last performance and the comments made afterwards, any of the three listed (in that ORDER) deserve a shot before the Silva-Weidman rematch.
    I hope for your sake that english is your 2nd or 3rd language.

forthewin

Quote Originally Posted by Ron_Paul_2012 View Post
    I hope for your sake that english is your 2nd or 3rd language.
    Thanks...I appreciate you taking the time on a sports betting forum, to critique my grammar Ron Paul. I noticed the excellent use of punctuation, in your first class grammar assessment as well. Don't throw stones from a glass house.
    Last edited by forthewin; 07-26-13 at 12:58 PM.

MD

I know exactly how many fights Hendo has lost which is why he was placed last on the list. He still always comes to fight with 100 % effort, which is much more than what could be said about Silva's last go. Would I want to see Weidman-Henderson no. But after that last performance and the comments made afterwards, any of the three listed (in that ORDER) deserve a shot before the Silva-Weidman rematch.
    LOL.

Give Maldonado the next shot at Weidman. He can cut to 185 pretty easily.

mmaed
    mmaed's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5003

The fight was not fixed. That's just plain silly. Hendo would have a decent shot against Weidman if he could make it a couple rounds without gassing. He got tired pretty quick against Rashad. I think Rashad would probably beat Weidman. Of course he has to make weight. Vitor would have a shot. I would think Vitor would have some difficulty stopping the takedown. Of course Weidman has to beat Anderson Silva again which is a tall order. Silva will have his game face on for the second fight. If Weidman can make it happen again that will be really impressive.

forthewin

LOL.

Give Maldonado the next shot at Weidman. He can cut to 185 pretty easily.
    Maybe after his next fight. For now, Maldonado is going to move up to heavyweight and challenge Cain Velasquez for the title. Lol

forthewin

Quote Originally Posted by mmaed View Post
    The fight was not fixed. That's just plain silly. Hendo would have a decent shot against Weidman if he could make it a couple rounds without gassing. He got tired pretty quick against Rashad. I think Rashad would probably beat Weidman. Of course he has to make weight. Vitor would have a shot. I would think Vitor would have some difficulty stopping the takedown. Of course Weidman has to beat Anderson Silva again which is a tall order. Silva will have his game face on for the second fight. If Weidman can make it happen again that will be really impressive.
    I definitely don't think the fight was fixed but I also also don't believe Silva gave 100% effort in that fight. And after hearing him speak after the fight, I also am starting to believe he really didn't want the fight against Jon Jones.

mmaed
    mmaed's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5003

I dont know what he was thinking. Hell it usually worked for him so we camt make fun of him too much. Im curious to see how he behaves in the second outing. I wouldnt be suprised if he was scared to fight jon jones. I think jones would crush him. He is a lot bigger and a phenom wrestler.

First 12345 Last