Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by Sato View Post
    Have you seen the fight? Main problem was due to swaying back Silvas chin was up in the air...it doesnt take much force to knock someone out in the right spot.
    nah i didnt see the fight but i saw the highlight of the knockout

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Quote Originally Posted by Ghenghis Kahn View Post
    silva didn't take a dive. he really got knocked out.

i don't know why silva tried to dodge weidman's punches like how neo dodged bullets in the matrix though.

not sure if he underestimated weidman's stand up or just got cocky but that was a bad game plan.

maybe these last several fights got to silva's head thinking he was the chosen one like neo or something.

bottom line, silva acted like a clown and he got clowned...
    Because he was used to fighting guys like Bonnar, Griffin, Maia and Sonnen who offered no striking threat...clearly thought Weidman would be same but was clearly mistaken

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

He didnt clown Griffin until he was moving slower than a snail...Griffins punches had ZERO power....He toyed around with a fresh Weidman coming off a round 1 win....the whole this is still weird to me...if there wasnt a scheduled rematch, I could understand....but to do that, lose, and want to fight again seems odd...take it serious the first time...He has been champion so long he has forgotten what it really means i guess....has become nothing to him...a joke that he can toy around with.....must be nice

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    Because he was used to fighting guys like Bonnar, Griffin, Maia and Sonnen who offered no striking threat...clearly thought Weidman would be same but was clearly mistaken
    yeah i suppose but leaning back and swaying side to side to avoid punches is just asking for trouble.

silva has fast footwork, he should have moved his fukking feet.

my friend and i think he deliberately clowned around so even if he loses people will think he didn't take the fight seriously.

but i think silva's done. i don't think he wants to fight anymore.

what champion doesn't want a rematch to the person that took their belt?

but i don't blame him, he's 38 and he doesn't take roids.

PaperTrail07

YUP no TRT for the man......NEWS FLASH******HE DID ASK FOR THE REMATCH....
    yeah i suppose but leaning back and swaying side to side to avoid punches is just asking for trouble.

silva has fast footwork, he should have moved his fukking feet.

my friend and i think he deliberately clowned around so even if he loses people will think he didn't take the fight seriously.

but i think silva's done. i don't think he wants to fight anymore.

what champion doesn't want a rematch to the person that took their belt?

but i don't blame him, he's 38 and he doesn't take roids.

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

i don't think he asked for the rematch.

did you hear what he said after the fight?

he said he didn't want to fight for the title.

i'm guessing dana white is forcing him to fight weidman again.

sideloaded
    staring into the abyss
    sideloaded's Avatar Become A Pro!

Silva was way to cocky with a suspect chin, I mean Cheal pillow fists dropped him twice in boxing exchanges. Plus look at Anderson's body. It was WAY softer for this fight than any other at 185. He was injured, didnt train or his age is showing because his body looked like shit.

KidSeoul
    KidSeoul's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 584

Yep, that's what I figured too. Too much money involved not to have the rematch before a Jones fight.

PaperTrail07

He changed his mind...think it might happen at UFC 168...

KingHawkins
    KingHawkins's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21284

Watched it on a 70" in HD with a room full of people, and room consensus was leaning towards the belief that the results were someone influenced.... maybe he took a dive, or just wanted to lose.... just didn't seem right with the way it went down, and then the seemingly prepared post-fight retirement and mega-humble weirdness..... maybe a $2.2 mil extra payday had him feeling extra happy....

and more suspect, which everyone was disgusted by, was the split decision for Aaron Craig over Chris Leben... I mean, Craig beat the living sh*t out of him and almost lost the fight..... anyway,,, I think UFC judging is shady, as is boxing.... and I am probably more likely to be correct in that assumption, than incorrect.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

lol

rocky16
    rocky16's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 40

Quote Originally Posted by KingHawkins View Post
    Watched it on a 70" in HD with a room full of people, and room consensus was leaning towards the belief that the results were someone influenced.... maybe he took a dive, or just wanted to lose.... just didn't seem right with the way it went down, and then the seemingly prepared post-fight retirement and mega-humble weirdness..... maybe a $2.2 mil extra payday had him feeling extra happy....

and more suspect, which everyone was disgusted by, was the split decision for Aaron Craig over Chris Leben... I mean, Craig beat the living sh*t out of him and almost lost the fight..... anyway,,, I think UFC judging is shady, as is boxing.... and I am probably more likely to be correct in that assumption, than incorrect.
    Pal, I wish the ceiling in the room you were in collapsed. Less dumb focks in the world.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Vaughany, and Das Jax

The iron sheik
    The iron sheik's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Hell, I can understand people entertaining the idea that Anderson underestimated Weidman. I can understand people entertaining the idea Silva doesn't care and was unmotivated.

But to suggest a fighter gets voluntarily concussed by eating a fist and getting pounded out is beyond all sane thought. What kind of a moron would say such things. Once again, more support for the idea that people should pass some entry level intelligence test before voting or procreating.

KingHawkins

haha f*ck you guys

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by The iron sheik View Post
    Hell, I can understand people entertaining the idea that Anderson underestimated Weidman. I can understand people entertaining the idea Silva doesn't care and was unmotivated.

But to suggest a fighter gets voluntarily concussed by eating a fist and getting pounded out is beyond all sane thought. What kind of a moron would say such things. Once again, more support for the idea that people should pass some entry level intelligence test before voting or procreating.
    ha its worrying isnt it. Explains why we have Governments like we do tho

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by rocky16 View Post
    Pal, I wish the ceiling in the room you were in collapsed. Less dumb focks in the world.

eidolon
    USA
    eidolon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15766

Quote Originally Posted by KidSeoul View Post
    Good point. I'm not saying that Silva took a dive. I just thought things were peculiar that evening. And I've seen Silva fight plenty of times. It's just I've never seen him disrespect someone so early in a fight. Especially with the fake wobbling that he did several times. Then with the post fight interview and saying that he wouldn't rematch and that Chris is the true champion, just seemed a bit strange. But I guess you're right, his brain wasn't altogether at that point and was probably really embarrassed about his behavior.
    You say you've seen Silva fight plenty of times...he show boats every fight.
    You don't even have to look past the fight before Weidman (against Bonnar).

YouMama
    Losers Lose
    YouMama's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 191

he lost the same way he won all those other fights, playing around, show boating, playing mind games... he didnt dive, he just didnt care that he lost, he's had the belt for 7 years and has his own Nike brand... and I would have bet 2.2 million on wideman if I had it... Weidman is normally what Chael is, when Chael is on the Roids

Das Jax
    Das Jax's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 225

Quote Originally Posted by rocky16 View Post
    On the flipside, I prefer to focus on the fact that the people filling rooms like these are the ones constantly working to improve my betting lines. It's noble work I tell ya.

KingHawkins

Quote Originally Posted by Das Jax View Post
    On the flipside, I prefer to focus on the fact that the people filling rooms like these are the ones constantly working to improve my betting lines. It's noble work I tell ya.

Haha very funny Mr. Fullofyourself. I'll have you know that I won big with Weidman and Craig, only lost a small one on Boetsch. Constantly working to improve your betting lines, HA! What a douchey comment.

KidSeoul

Quote Originally Posted by eidolon View Post
    You say you've seen Silva fight plenty of times...he show boats every fight.
    You don't even have to look past the fight before Weidman (against Bonnar).
    Yes he does, but if you read the entire post then you'd see where I say that he's never done it so early in a fight. Please read the whole entry and then respond.

ChalkyDog
    Buy the ticket, take the ride.
    ChalkyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    been through this a million times...if he was taking a dive he'd of let Weidman submit him early on when he was on his back, he wouldnt battle to get back to his feet then get knocked unconscious possibly leading to permanent head trauma or a broken jaw or something.

Dont be retarded people.

End of thread///
    I don't know, I don't bet this sport, but usually knowing the round and KO pay a lot better.

When that jackass was calling for a Silva Weidman rematch, before the event even started raised larger red flags.

MD
    MD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 254

Yes he does, but if you read the entire post then you'd see where I say that he's never done it so early in a fight. Please read the whole entry and then respond.
    He KO'd Bonnar in the first round. How f-cking stupid are you?

Jakesteen
    Jakesteen's Avatar Become A Pro!

There is now an investigation into a $2.2 million dollar bet that was placed on Chris Weidman. I found it strange that Silva was clowning around so early and often in the fight. Also during the post fight interview with Joe Rogan, Silva said that he'd fight again but wouldn't fight for the title again, claiming that he'd had the title a long time and made enough money and that Weidman is the true champion.

I personally thought that the events of that evening were a bit strange but after this information, it may be easier to understand why.
    So it wasn't just my imagination playing tricks on me. HA! I fuckin knew it! It was pretty obvious when I heard his post fight speech that he was planning on stepping down as Champ. I think regardless of whether or not Silva threw the fight that Weidman was gonna beat him.

Das Jax
    Das Jax's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 225

Quote Originally Posted by Jakesteen View Post
    So it wasn't just my imagination playing tricks on me. HA! I fuckin knew it! It was pretty obvious when I heard his post fight speech that he was planning on stepping down as Champ. I think regardless of whether or not Silva threw the fight that Weidman was gonna beat him.
    No... it WAS your imagination. Rather, it was the irrational, conspiracy theory prone part of the brain that we all share... it's just that most stable, rational individuals are able to compensate with simple reasoning abilities.

Incidentally, I haven't seen anything remotely convincing that shows such an investigation exists. But even if it WERE to exist... I can't imagine it would be anything other than a routine procedure that was initiated because of the high dollar amount of the bet.

Seriously, people... you really need to let this go.

KidSeoul

Quote Originally Posted by MD View Post
    He KO'd Bonnar in the first round. How f-cking stupid are you?
    Yo dumb ass. I guess you need to learn how to read as well. He just stood in front of Bonnar. He never disrespected Bonnar. And no where close to what he was doing against Weidman. READ MY ENTRY FIRST SCHMUCK!

MD

Yo dumb ass. I guess you need to learn how to read as well. He just stood in front of Bonnar. He never disrespected Bonnar. And no where close to what he was doing against Weidman. READ MY ENTRY FIRST SCHMUCK!
    Unfortunately, I did read your entire post, and if you think he didn't disrespect Bonnar or showboat against him, you need to rewatch the fight. Or stop watching MMA.

KidSeoul

Unfortunately, I did read your entire post, and if you think he didn't disrespect Bonnar or showboat against him, you need to rewatch the fight. Or stop watching MMA.
    I don't consider standing against the cage a sign of disrespect. He's quicker than Bonnar and has better defense than Bonnar, which he showcased by blocking the majority of Bonnar's punches at point blank range. But to keep putting your hands down, sticking out your chin without defending yourself except to bob and weave is a direct sign of disrespect. Maybe you should learn what show boating is my friend.

The iron sheik
    The iron sheik's Avatar Become A Pro!

what is this i don't even

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Anderson doesn't care who he fights or if he ever fights for a title again. His legacy is cemented and he knows it. He wants to a.) enjoy life and family b.) enjoy fighting without the obligations of the belt. If he fights whatever his face is that just beat him, it's because the UFC wants him to, not because AS wants to. That's a business decision.

Anderson Silva is like the honey badger now.

Grabaka
    Update your status
    Grabaka's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4034

Quote Originally Posted by The iron sheik View Post
    what is this i don't even
    Its a bunch of retards ganging together to make themselves feel better cos their pink shirted idol got royally penetrated.

sweep
    USA! USA! USA!
    sweep's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2457

of course it was fixed...For fuks sake Bigday won the wager

Guys mush city in mma

Had to be a fix if he cashed a ticket
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Grabaka

MD

I don't consider standing against the cage a sign of disrespect. He's quicker than Bonnar and has better defense than Bonnar, which he showcased by blocking the majority of Bonnar's punches at point blank range. But to keep putting your hands down, sticking out your chin without defending yourself except to bob and weave is a direct sign of disrespect. Maybe you should learn what show boating is my friend.
    Wow. You've clearly never even seen the Bonnar fight.

KidSeoul

Wow. You've clearly never even seen the Bonnar fight.
    Dude, I've already made my point. You can't compare what Silva did in the Bonnar fight versus the Weidman fight. Just give it a rest.

eidolon
    USA
    eidolon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15766

So early in the fight? he did it in the 1st round and it didnt even make it to the 2nd round

First 12345 Last