No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke View Post
    Speak for yourself fatboy. You aint a real pistons fan. You want joe d to sit back and do nothin? Josh Smith will take the franchise back to winning. Quit hating
    I've been a Pistons fan since before you were born, son.

"Josh Smith will take the franchise back to winning" -- you're as bad at this as you are with, well, everything else.

Ratpack
    Ratpack's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1789

yeah they are kind of raw right now cause there good players are young but in a couple of years when the nets,knicks,and heat get old if monroe,knight, and monroe can come together the pistons could be a solid 2nd round playoff team

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Smith in '12-13 (more or less in line with career):

3-9 feet: Shot 39%
    10-15 feet: Shot 24%
    16-23 feet: Shot 33%
    Distance: Shot 31%

So what in the hell do you do with this guy, given you already have enough bulk in the paint? Put him at the 3 and let him shoot your team out of games every night?

Shitty attitude to boot.

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    I've been a Pistons fan since before you were born, son.

"Josh Smith will take the franchise back to winning" -- you're as bad at this as you are with, well, everything else.
    yea ok keep thinkin that. I was a pistons fan when you was just sperm bro. GTFO with your bullshit

Smoke

You aintno real pistons fan hating on joe d. He cleared up cap space so we could get a player like smith. Other teams wanted him as well

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Did you know that back in the day, Joe D turned down a trade that would've sent Rondo and Allen to Detroit for Tay, Rip and Stuckey?

Read that back to yourself. Slowly.

I loved Dumars as a player, but he's a trainwreck in the front office.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

You aintno real pistons fan hating on joe d. He cleared up cap space so we could get a player like smith. Other teams wanted him as well
    Yeah, you're right: Dumars has been nails at keeping this franchise at a competitive level.

Let me ask you something, Smoke: are you ever right about anything?

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

yea ok keep thinkin that. I was a pistons fan when you was just sperm bro. GTFO with your bullshit
    29 years for me.

Smoke

Did you know that back in the day, Joe D turned down a trade that would've sent Rondo and Allen to Detroit for Tay, Rip and Stuckey?

Read that back to yourself. Slowly.

I loved Dumars as a player, but he's a trainwreck in the front office.
    Bro Joe D is the reason we won it all back in '04 he put the team together. Yes the darko and iverson were terrible moves but you cant take away the good moves he made

Smoke

Yeah, you're right: Dumars has been nails at keeping this franchise at a competitive level.

Let me ask you something, Smoke: are you ever right about anything?
    he got it right this offseason

Smoke

29 years for me.
    30 years. I was born a piston fan

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Bro Joe D is the reason we won it all back in '04 he put the team together. Yes the darko and iverson were terrible moves but you cant take away the good moves he made
    What's the statue of limitations on the '04 team? Dude, it's 2013. One disaster after another for nearly a full decade now. Palace sits empty. Dumars is only signing Smith to eek into the shitty EC playoffs and keep his job. This acquisition makes zero sense given the current makeup of the Pistons, both tangible and intangible.

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Dumars has been a joke for 10 years. Guy drafted Milicic over Wade and Carmello Anthony. Carmello Anthony won the NCAA title as a freshman. 19 years old...nuff said. It was pretty clear he was gonna be a superstar at the next level. It was clear as day with James, Mello, and Wade that those 3 were (going to be) head and shoulders above any player that had come into the league since probably Bryant/Iverson. A 10 year old kid could have told the retard that.

Pistons were competitive for many many years under his reign, but that one move cost us a chance at an easy 3 peat. EASY. Pistons would have 3 peated so easily with Mello starting at the 3, or Wade at the 2 and rip off the bench or vice versa.

He ruined us several times. Gordan and Charlie V? Two bums that just chuck up shots.

Dumars is a joke. Guy is one of the most overrated players too of all time. Thomas made him look like an all star.

bjb7223
    bjb7223's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8991

Josh Smith takes a lot of nights off. good luck Pistons you're going to need it. There are only 2 spots available in the East. Washington will get one and the other will go to Cleveland/Detroit. flip a coin on who makes it.

1.Miami
    2.Chicago
    3.Brooklyn
    4.Indiana
    5.New York
    6.Atlanta
    7.Open(vacated by the Celtics tank mode)
    8.Open(vacated by the Bucks tank mode)

The Giant
    The Giant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

Cleveland makes the playoffs easily if Irving can stay healthy.

They picked up Jarrett Jack today, too.

The East is pretty weak though, lots of bottom feeders trying to win the Andrew Wiggins sweepstakes. I would put Detroit in the 9th spot right now.

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by bjb7223 View Post
    Josh Smith takes a lot of nights off. good luck Pistons you're going to need it. There are only 2 spots available in the East. Washington will get one and the other will go to Cleveland/Detroit. flip a coin on who makes it.

1.Miami
    2.Chicago
    3.Brooklyn
    4.Indiana
    5.New York
    6.Atlanta
    7.Open(vacated by the Celtics tank mode)
    8.Open(vacated by the Bucks tank mode)
    Atlanta? Who do they have? Atlanta is done.

bjb7223

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    Atlanta? Who do they have? Atlanta is done.
    Paul Milsap for Josh Smith is an upgrade Goat. Even you can admit that. He's a much tougher player.

Goat Milk

Paul Milsap for Josh Smith is an upgrade Goat. Even you can admit that. He's a much tougher player.
    Yeah tougher, but much less talented. Atlanta will fall apart imo. Horford and Milsap both like to play in the high post, not low post. They will have no interior presence. ATL will definitely struggle to score in the paint next year unless they get a really good guard. Still a lot of time left to pick up players so we'll see what happens.

Right now, Pistons are looking a lot better than ATL. Monroe and Knight are not to be underestimated in my opinion.

bjb7223

Yeah tougher, but much less talented. Atlanta will fall apart imo. Horford and Milsap both like to play in the high post, not low post. They will have no interior presence. ATL will definitely struggle to score in the paint next year unless they get a really good guard. Still a lot of time left to pick up players so we'll see what happens.

Right now, Pistons are looking a lot better than ATL. Monroe and Knight are not to be underestimated in my opinion.
    They had no interior presence last year and got the 6th seed. Teague will probably be back because he is restricted. This is the East we're talking about, a losing record still gets you in.

Goat Milk

They had no interior presence last year and got the 6th seed. Teague will probably be back because he is restricted. This is the East we're talking about, a losing record still gets you in.
    Smith is an interior presence. He averages close to 2 blocks a game and a steal. Millsap is not the player that smith is. On top of that he's gonna get you 4 dimes per game. Between him and Monroe that's 8 dimes between your two bigs per game next year. Pistons will be one of the best passing teams in the NBA. Gotta see the other roster moves but the Pistons look far better than the Hawks at this point

bjb7223

Smith is an interior presence. He averages close to 2 blocks a game and a steal. On top of that he's gonna get you 4 dimes per game. Between him and Monroe that's 8 dimes between your two bigs per game next year. Pistons will be one of the best passing teams in the NBA.
    You can't be one of the best passing teams in the NBA with no wings. This team is a 8th /9th seed at best like I said.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Smith is an interior presence. He averages close to 2 blocks a game and a steal. Millsap is not the player that smith is. On top of that he's gonna get you 4 dimes per game. Between him and Monroe that's 8 dimes between your two bigs per game next year. Pistons will be one of the best passing teams in the NBA. Gotta see the other roster moves but the Pistons look far better than the Hawks at this point
    Smith's not going to be an "interior presence" with Monroe and Drummond in the lineup. He'll have to play the 3.

Goat Milk

Smith's not going to be an "interior presence" with Monroe and Drummond in the lineup. He'll have to play the 3.
    um...smith is not gonna play the 3 and drummond is not gonna start. you expect josh smith to guard lebron james, durant, carmello, etc. no, not happening.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Too many josh smith haters. Smith is the best player on the team now
    Deuce you fatt fukk how about this.. if pistons make the playoffs next season you leave the forum for one year. If pistons dont make the playoffs next season I will leave the forum for a year. Deal?
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post

Let me get my goodbyes into you now, Smokey.
    Josh Smith has this "I don't care swagger" about him. Almost like a JR Smith personality... sh#$ maybe they are related? With that being said... Pistons will not make the playoffs. Smoke... you're a good dude... you have way too much faith in this team. It's just a fresh face to try and sell tickets. Nothing more.

If Josh Smith actually tried... Atlanta would of gone deeper in the playoffs. Or made it interesting. I blame Josh Smith for the teams poor chemistry.

goduke
    goduke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2270

Smith is going to ruin that team, I thought they were starting to build okay with monroe, drummond, knight and pope(dont know much about him) but Smith will cripple all of their development, he will suck the life out of that team every night thinking he is the star and bombing 3s and telling himself its okay cause he has to carry the young guys or they will lose. Its going to be such a disaster. This was the only free agent I was watching closely because as a fan I didnt want him signing with my team and watching the next four years go to waste

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

um...smith is not gonna play the 3 and drummond is not gonna start. you expect josh smith to guard lebron james, durant, carmello, etc. no, not happening.
    I can all but guarantee you Drummond will start.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Ratpack

Goat Milk

I can all but guarantee you Drummond will start.
    no, he won't. we'll see who's right.

frogsrangers
    Zackary > Angelito
    frogsrangers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5421

Pistons will still suck with him, in fact I think they are worse off, why bother messing with the young core of that team especially when no one expects them to win in 2013-2014 anyway would have been better off to just keep developing and try to get a lottery pick

Smoke

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    Josh Smith has this "I don't care swagger" about him. Almost like a JR Smith personality... sh#$ maybe they are related? With that being said... Pistons will not make the playoffs. Smoke... you're a good dude... you have way too much faith in this team. It's just a fresh face to try and sell tickets. Nothing more.

If Josh Smith actually tried... Atlanta would of gone deeper in the playoffs. Or made it interesting. I blame Josh Smith for the teams poor chemistry.
    brother I love the pistons. Detroit pride. I just want to see a goid product. With what was left smith eas a good signing. Its a huge upgrade. This is the most pumped about the team ive felt in awhile. Lets not hate until we see wut happens. A lot of young talent on this team

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

no, he won't. we'll see who's right.
    http://www.freep.com/article/2013070...ons-josh-smith

ORLANDO — On paper it looks imposing.

At center is second-year center Andre Drummond, who some think has franchise-player-type potential at the age of 19.
    At power forward is you have steady Greg Monroe, good for 16 points and 10 rebounds per game at the age of 22.
    And now you can add the athletic gifts of Josh Smith, who the Pistons believe is more than able to handle playing small forward.

Let's see -- do I trust Goat Mush, who is wrong about everything, or the Pistons beat writer for the Free Press?

Tough one.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

You guys are underrating Josh Smith with all of the hate but I do agree, wrong fit

Pistons are the wrong type of team for Josh Smith at this point.....Should have just went raw and young/lottery mode

Next offseason would have been the time to sign Josh Smith for them

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7696

Garbage move by a garbage franchise. Sounds about right.

vasilli07
    vasilli07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10601

Hawks are the biggest winners during these 2 years, offloading cancer players like Joe Johnson and Josh Smith.

Too bad they are not a big name team, if not, they will be able to sign those big name players.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Joe Dumars just happy to get a paycheck every week. Punch in... punch out.

I use to enjoy watching him play years ago. I liked him better than Isiah.

Itsamazing777
    Not interested....
    Itsamazing777's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1724

Pistons have the money to spend. Why not go for it. Drummond will be a top 3 center. Bank on it

First 1234 Last