No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    They're one of the best starting 5s now. We were doing hypotheticals. And I said if everyone were in their primes when this team formed and then they would easily be the best starting 5 ever bar none. as of now, they're one OF the best. Not that complicated to understand... And that doesn't mean I think they're gonna beat MIami either. But if Wade goes down during the year, Miami won't beat this team without one of their big 3.
    In NBA history? In their current form? Are you fvcking kidding me?

wantitall4moi
    wantitall4moi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3834

also if Len Bias hadnt OD'd he would have been on those teams also.

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Wanti just list any starting 5 you want. No bench guys. List any starting 5 from any year.

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    In NBA history? In their current form? Are you fvcking kidding me?
    No, not kidding. Just like you and Lyon laughed at me when I said Wade-James was one of the best duos in NBA history when they formed, right? Weren't you one of the guys doubting James a few years back? That he wouldn't win a ring? I know for sure you said MIami wouldn't win together. I picked the NBA champion 3/4 years on this site. Only loss was Miami to the finals in Dallas. I know what I'm talking about. If I'm so dumb, stop commenting in my threads.

Start another thread for Lakerman to come back, the guy who is down hundreds of thousands of dollars. But still, you treat him like a king.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

No, not kidding. Just like you and Lyon laughed at me when I said Wade-James was one of the best duos in NBA history when they formed, right? Weren't you one of the guys doubting James a few years back? That he wouldn't win a ring? I know for sure you said MIami wouldn't win together. I picked the NBA champion 3/4 years on this site. Only loss was Miami to the finals in Dallas. I know what I'm talking about. If I'm so dumb, stop commenting in my threads.

Start another thread for Lakerman to come back, the guy who is down hundreds of thousands of dollars. But still, you treat him like a king.
    The fact that you hang your hat on calling the Heat winning multiple titles is downright laughable -- but not nearly as laughable as you or this thread.

I know shari has said otherwise, but I refuse to believe you are real and not just some bored mod fvcking around. There's no way someone with even half a brain can say stupid shit like this and your NBA assistant coach comment, make horrific picks over and over again, be an obvious point stiff, yet keep coming back like none of that ever happened.

I am baffled. Truly baffled. You are in a class all your own when it comes to stupidity, ignorance and egoism. I'll go ahead and let you continue to bury yourself in this thread, which will once again go down as another in the long line of classics in ridiculousness.
    Points Awarded:

goduke gave No coincidences 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

BTW, whose dick did you suck to get your points stiff thread deleted?

You are the ghost of an SBR mod. Period.

wantitall4moi
    wantitall4moi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3834

Wanti just list any starting 5 you want. No bench guys. List any starting 5 from any year.
    bird, parish, mchale, dennis johnson, Ainge 1987 Celtics. Who lost to the Lakers with Magic, Kareem, Byron Scott, AC green, James Worthy

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by wantitall4moi View Post
    bird, parish, mchale, dennis johnson, Ainge 1987 Celtics. Who lost to the Lakers with Magic, Kareem, Byron Scott, AC green, James Worthy
    K. Now assuming everyone on the Nets was in the primes, as you said, lets do the hypothetical.

Dennis Johnson vs. D Williams - Williams a better scorer, shooter, passer, higher basketball IQ. DJ a better defender. Williams, who is also much stronger, gets the nod in this matchup.

Ainge vs. Joe Johnson- Not even a discussion here. Johnson by a long shot.

Bird vs. Pierce - Now Bird is one of the top 6 players of all time in my opinion. So I give him an edge here. But PP in his prime was equally a good pure scorer, if not better. Bird was a better shooter, rebounder and passer, though, and also had a higher IQ.

McHale vs. Garnett. McHale was a great PF and was a big piece to those teams. He was always one of the best PFs in the NBA but never quite the best at the position. Guy was never really that great of a rebounder for his size. Garnett was (in his prime) a better rebounder, passer, better defender. Garnett averaged over 5 assists 6 years in a row. For a Power Forward... 6 straight years dude. Guy put up 14 boards one year, with 24 points, 5 dimes. He had 6 dimes one year with like 22-23 points and 13 boards. Guy put up over 21 and 11 pretty much every year before he came to boston. throw in a couple blocks in there too and over a steal.

Lopez vs. Parish. Obviously you pick Parish here because Lopez doesn't have the body of work yet. It's difficult to see what will come of Lopez. Parish was a great center in the NBA during his time and a double double machine.

Overall, the matchup with the Celtics is not even close dude. The backcourt of this Celtics team would absolutely get wrecked. Danny Ainge is way too small to even try and guard a 6'8 Joe Johnson. Celtics played team defense yeah but not when you have a bunch of these guys in their prime. Obviously you couldn't get the Nets players all in their prime because they were all Max contract guys in their prime.

Moving on to the Lakers matchup.

Goat Milk

Magic vs. D Will - Magic a better passer, rebounder, higher IQ, more athletic, better handle. Williams a better pure scorer, much better shooter. Magic wins this matchup by a longshot. But D Will is a very big body and bigger than most PGs magic used to go against.

Joe Johnson vs. Byron Scott - Scott was a good player for several years in his prime. Never the type of guy that could get you 20 5 and 5 consistently. Johnson in his prime was that 20 5 and 5 guy. Probably even more scoring if he had too. Averaged 24-25 one year I'm pretty sure with the assists and boards. Scott was a better defender and probably a better 3 point shooter, but Johnson much stronger, much bigger, and a much bigger offensive weapon overall. Better scorer and passer and rebounder than Scott. Slight edge to JJ.

Pierce vs. Worthy - Worthy a 20 point guy per game, but come on. Worthy in the same sentence as Pierce? Not even close. Pierce in his prime was good for 25 6-7 boards and 5 dimes. Every night. Let me know if Worthy could ever do that. No chance.

Garnett vs. AC Green - no explanation needed. Not even close. One of the best PFs of all time vs. a guy that would be lucky to put up 10 and 10 a night.

Kareem vs. Lopez - One of the top 4 players of all time in Kareem. A little past his prime when on the Lakers but still the best hybrid big man in the game probably at the time. Kareem by a longshot.

This matchup is a lot closer than the Celts because of the mismatches at the 1 and 5 spot for the Lakers. This lakers team is arguably the best starting 5 of all time. But I would still give the edge to the Nets if all were in their prime. Garnett would simply abuse AC Green. Straight abuse. There would be a lot of switching going on in that game.

Magic would guard Johnson/Pierce. Scott would guard D Will. Kareem might have to take Garnett.

greenhippo
    greenhippo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 723

Ok since we're talking about all the players in their prime. I would love to see the 98-99 Rockets.

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by greenhippo View Post
    Ok since we're talking about all the players in their prime. I would love to see the 98-99 Rockets.
    If you put everyone on that team together in their primes it's by far the best team in NBA history. A frontcourt of Pippen Barkley and Hakeem in their primes? Are you serious? No team would stop that no matter who you have. They didn't even know what they had in Mobley until those guys were washed up pretty much. Mobley was almost as good as Joe Johnson. Not quite though.
    Points Awarded:

greenhippo gave Goat Milk 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

These are stupid arguments to even get into. Why waste your time?

The lakers with Payton and Malone are the best starting five of all time by a good bit if you want to talk about if all the gueys were in their prime...even if you want to take George as your fifth starter.

All that got em was getting waxed by an underdog in the finals.

Completely pointless argument.

To try to compare how THIS nets team will stack up is pointless too because we've seen all star teams put together before. Some bust and some have been great.

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year

If you put everyone on that team together in their primes it's by far the best team in NBA history
    Jesus Christ you've lost you're fukkin mind

Michael Dickerson?

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Goat Cheese if this was 2003 then yeah this is great team. But unfortunately it's 2013!!

Goat Milk

Okay guys we'll just see who's right next year.

If Miami doesn't win the East, the Nets will. You'll see.

NYSportsGuy210
    NYSportsGuy210's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 131

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Zero bench and 40 year old coaching 40 year olds.
    Jason Terry, Mirza Teletovic & Marshon Brooks are already there. Nets gonna re-sign Andre Blatche and sign Kyle Korver too. Also they have a Croatian draft pick from 2 years ago coming over for the upcoming season.

Pretty solid bench they have actually.

JR007
    JR007's Avatar Become A Pro!

another stupid thread by goatstool

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Now there's a bold prediction. LOL. Who in the hell else would?

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year

Quote Originally Posted by InTheDrink View Post

Jesus Christ you've lost you're fukkin mind

Michael Dickerson?

i guess thats goats way of telling me he was wrong

KingJD31
    KingJD31's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7042

Knicks are going to get bargnani which would obviously make us better than Miami.
    Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    Now there's a bold prediction. LOL. Who in the hell else would?

hankcream
    hankcream's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5458

D Will- Top 2 PG in the NBA just entering his prime. Will go down as a top 10 PG of all time when it's all said and done.

Joe Johnson - A consistent All Star ever year. Good for 18 5 and 5 just about every year. Clutch performer.

Paul Pierce- 1st ballot HOFmer, the third best Celtic of all time. People said he was "done" last year. Didn't he average 18 5 and 5? Still a go-to-guy and his game has never been about athleticism.

Kevin Garnett- a top 5 Power Forward in NBA history and easily a top 5 PF in the NBA today. Probably better than Chris Bosh. One of the best passing big men of all time and 1st ballot Hofmer too.

Brook Lopez- Another solid All Star. Great season last year. Guy is a true center. Very big. A guy that averaged 19 ppg last year is gonna be the 4th or 5th option on this team.

This is easily one of the best starting 5's in NBA history. These guys have to stay healthy though. I think they will. And I think they'll make a run.

Jason Kidd is going to shock a lot of people. But aside from him you got 5 unselfish players on the court. I'm interested to see how this is going to come together.

My only worry is that everyone on this team is too unselfish. They have to understand that they're all playing around D Williams. He is the guy.

there is no such thing as a "Seniors Tour" in basketball.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by KingJD31 View Post
    Knicks are going to get bargnani which would obviously make us better than Miami.

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

no, right now... if everyone was in their prime, it obviously would be the best starting 5 in history bar none...that's not the situation.

hippo, yeah, same guys laughed at me when i said miami was gonna be a dynasty on this site 3 years ago. they said bron and wade were premedonas that wouldn't win together and would get bullied in the playoffs.

who's laughing now?
    People also laughed at you when you said the Lakers were a lock to win the West.

You picked a team that has the best player in the league and signed a bunch of all-stars in the Heat. The Heat have also been the favorite to win it all te last three years. What do you want for predicting the obvious?

Anyway, I'm not sure why I'm even responding on what seems like ploy by SBR to drive traffic.

I guess it's working. Lol.

NYSportsGuy210
    NYSportsGuy210's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 131

Knicks need to sign DeJuan Blair and Delfino since they can't re-sign Chis Copeland (damn shame)

adila1401
    adila1401's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2486

D Will- Top 2 PG in the NBA just entering his prime. Will go down as a top 10 PG of all time when it's all said and done.
    Better than Chris Paul? Better than Tony Parker? Better than Westbrook? Better than Rose? Better than Rondo? Better than a healthy Kyrie Irving? Better than a healthy Steph Curry? Not to Mention Ty Lawson? I could go on with a couple more .. Top ten all time?? rly

adila1401
    adila1401's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2486

If you put everyone on that team together in their primes it's by far the best team in NBA history.
    Ya, but the only reason they are all together is because they are past their prime...

ZetaPsi808
    July 2011 Poster of the Month
    ZetaPsi808's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1982

Quote Originally Posted by adila1401 View Post
    Ya, but the only reason they are all together is because they are past their prime...
    so true

bigtymer56
    bigtymer56's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8987

Quote Originally Posted by KingJD31 View Post

LowRollin
    LowRollin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 378

clutch performer? did you not see JJ shit himself against the bulls last season? terrible contract.

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

Pierce vs. Worthy - Worthy a 20 point guy per game, but come on. Worthy in the same sentence as Pierce? Not even close. Pierce in his prime was good for 25 6-7 boards and 5 dimes. Every night. Let me know if Worthy could ever do that. No chance.
    Ludicrous. You can't measure Pierce by his stats. Look at what his teams did before he was joined by Rondo, KG, and Ray Allen. Plus, you exaggerate greatly. He was good for 25/6+/5 every night? He only once even averaged 5 assists in a season, let alone be good for it every night. Pierce career FG% is under 45%. Worthy's was over 52%. And Worthy's teams actually won.

Mr Handicapable
    Mr Handicapable's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 174

when I said Wade-James was one of the best duos in NBA history when they formed

Thanks Mr. Obvious....you and literally 4 billion other people said that.

The Nets could be pretty damned scary but I think Indy can shut down the old timers and nobody on that team can guard Paul George if he can improve again off a Most improved player season. If Hibbert plays like he did in the playoffs then Indy is better than Brooklyn & Chicago imo. If he goes back to old Hibbert then no. Nobody knows how Danny Granger will look either?

rthoughton
    rthoughton's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2101

Quote Originally Posted by konck View Post
    Nets flat out sold the future for 2 old has been stains that have zero shot to win the title.
    that's because with the Russian's money, they dont care about young players. They think that they can just keep buying anyone they want, regardless of age, contract, etc.
    This fails, they just spend more. They are willing to take on any contract.

rthoughton
    rthoughton's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2101

Quote Originally Posted by yisman View Post
    Ludicrous. You can't measure Pierce by his stats. Look at what his teams did before he was joined by Rondo, KG, and Ray Allen. Plus, you exaggerate greatly. He was good for 25/6+/5 every night? He only once even averaged 5 assists in a season, let alone be good for it every night. Pierce career FG% is under 45%. Worthy's was over 52%. And Worthy's teams actually won.
    lol. that's what an average is, right? all the stats divided by the games played.

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

Quote Originally Posted by rthoughton View Post
    lol. that's what an average is, right? all the stats divided by the games played.
    If a guy averages just over 5 assists per game, he's obviously not good for five assists every night.

Many times that season Pierce had 3 or fewer assists in a game. You could say Nash is good for 5 assists every night and that would be pretty much true.

If a guy averages 25/6/5, that doesn't mean he's good for 26/6/5 every night. Not even close.

Gonz312
    Keep It Simple Stupid
    Gonz312's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8406

I still remember how that loaded laker starting 5 was going to take the title in '13

First 123456 ... Last