konck
    Listen the toilet is flushing
    konck's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2311

Did Fatty Colon pass the secret Juice over to Liriano??????

Liriano hasnt been able to get that ERA under 5 the last 3 years did he go to Colon and get the juice ......whats going on this year And what about Verlander is headed for the DLGuy hasnt gone more than 7 innings in the last 9 starts and he only given up less then 3 runs once in those 9 starts thats not Verlandermaybe he had better go see Dr Colon

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Liriano has always shown flashes. Being in Pittsburgh helps. He's like Ubaldo Jimenez...can't ever fully trust him.

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

everyone always saying he's juicing, guy throws 88 mph. he just has veteran wisdom and good movement. if he gets caught juicing again he is gone, i'm sure they test him all the time

impressive heat on his offspeed stuff, averaging 84 mph

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2380

Does the juice help with control and location?

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by face View Post
    everyone always saying he's juicing, guy throws 88 mph. he just has veteran wisdom and good movement. if he gets caught juicing again he is gone, i'm sure they test him all the time

colon is most certainly on something, i mean besides the obvious, like he was popped last yr and is now linked to the fla clinic, just as obvious is guys dont come back from the dead at 50 (or however old dude is), yes obviously dude knows how to pitch but go back 3-4-5 years and find me a time when he was getting the kind of movement on his pitches he is now.. all that life on his stuff didnt just appear out of think air, maybe you believe that but there still that pesky positive last yr and now this season he in fla and next thing ya know dude has given up what 7 earned runs in last 8 gms..cmon man dude is on more than likely several things, plenty im sure baseball couldnt detect if they wanted to..

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by Chi_archie View Post
    sick movement? id say yes. of coarse could prob say yes to all the above seeing how if you are recovering faster between starts it prob makes all those things more possible..i have no idea on liriano tho, im still talking colon who been jammed up at least 1 and a half times.

face

maybe i am a sucker believing in the new MLB random testing. why can't they just crack the fuk down and end the juice?

really pisses me off. bunch of lance armstrongs

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2380

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    sick movement? id say yes. of coarse could prob say yes to all the above seeing how if you are recovering faster between starts it prob makes all those things more possible..i have no idea on liriano tho, im still talking colon who been jammed up at least 1 and a half times.
    I'm talking about Liriano.

most of his numbers like BAA and SO/9 are the same. He just is getting better D in a bigger park do his ERA is down, but it is a small sample. I bet his BABIP against would show some unluckiness.

2daBank

maybe i am a sucker believing in the new MLB random testing. why can't they just crack the fuk down and end the juice?

really pisses me off. bunch of lance armstrongs
    from what ive found over the years is test not always the toughest things to beat regardless of what the tester looking for there always guys that a step ahead of the gm, not to mention there so many different things out there and ways to use them that im sure plenty of ways around.. also wouldnt surprise me if "random" meant after a guy has already been popped that who knows how long till next time that his name is drawn, obviously they not random if they keep testing a guy (not sure if there something about if failing a test you are subject to less random and more frequent test or not?)...seriously i have no problem with peds, as i think in many cases good far outweighs the bad and im all for a guy doing what it takes, plus they make sports better. if it was up to me mlb stop acting like hypocrite fukks over the shit that saved their sport..

face

yea lots of people like the juice. i hate it. but i understand why some fans like it.
    i just want to see who the better players are without them having to deal with them being dissed after their careers are over like a rod, lance armstrong, bonds etc.
    at least hall of fame staying consistant with anti-juicing stance so far. not that that really matters so much to gamblers or fans.

2daBank

I'm talking about Liriano.

most of his numbers like BAA and SO/9 are the same. He just is getting better D in a bigger park do his ERA is down, but it is a small sample. I bet his BABIP against would show some unluckiness.
    what is he 29? and he has dealt with his fair share of injuries, not to mention like you said nl obviously a huge help to his numbers.. i dont recall once thinking he on whatever, not that it would shock me cause who wouldnt if they thought it could get them another fat contract? i would, hell ive done 2 cycles of test in my life and with really nothing to gain, sure was fun being on it tho

2daBank

yea lots of people like the juice. i hate it. but i understand why some fans like it.
    i just want to see who the better players are without them having to deal with them being dissed after their careers are over like a rod, lance armstrong, bonds etc.
    at least hall of fame staying consistant with anti-juicing stance so far. not that that really matters so much to gamblers or fans.
    i dont think ped use in any way diminishes from what you accomplish in the gm, if that the case i want all the speed freaks of the 70s and 80s to carry a black cloud cause while sure peds better, amphetamine is w/o a doubt a performance enhancer ..these jackasses trying to defend the virtue of some gm will die off soon enough and by that time peds will be far more excepted and bonds and co will take their rightful place, i mean these guys are 20x the players of the speed freaks of yesteryear that have plaques in the HOF.. mlb should take a lesson from the nfl playbook and slap a guy on the wrist if he gets caught, brush it under the rug, and dont mention it again cause who gives a fukk, if you one of the whiny scrubs saying it not fair that someone going the extra mile has your job then maybe you should show a little more resolve and do what it takes to compete. we are talking about pretty damn good jobs here!

konck
    konck's Avatar SBR PRO

His veteran stuff couldnt get that ERA under 5 the last 3 years did he just become a vet this year?

face

i dont think ped use in any way diminishes from what you accomplish in the gm, if that the case i want all the speed freaks of the 70s and 80s to carry a black cloud cause while sure peds better, amphetamine is w/o a doubt a performance enhancer ..these jackasses trying to defend the virtue of some gm will die off soon enough and by that time peds will be far more excepted and bonds and co will take their rightful place, i mean these guys are 20x the players of the speed freaks of yesteryear that have plaques in the HOF.. mlb should take a lesson from the nfl playbook and slap a guy on the wrist if he gets caught, brush it under the rug, and dont mention it again cause who gives a fukk, if you one of the whiny scrubs saying it not fair that someone going the extra mile has your job then maybe you should show a little more resolve and do what it takes to compete. we are talking about pretty damn good jobs here!
    i guess you think lance armstrong kicked ass too. just agree to disagree man, lots of people on both our positions. mostly other players not juicing are the ones most pissed about it. shit is toxic.

konck
    konck's Avatar SBR PRO

A lot of players are going with deer antler its very hard to detect and its a rejuvenator its not like roids it really doesnt harm. It rebuilds your muscles quickly if you lift one day you can go right back the next day because of that it increases your strength also. Deer Antler does a lot of positives for you I use it off an on I would never touch a roid

2daBank

i guess you think lance armstrong kicked ass too. just agree to disagree man, lots of people on both our positions. mostly other players not juicing are the ones most pissed about it. shit is toxic.
    that really isnt known.i mean yea guys in the 80s doing god knows what and just doing more and more prob had some issues, well lot of ppl have issues from excess of lots of things..why didnt lance kick ass? i mean i could give 2 shits about cycling but in a sport everyone cheats he still won the damn thing every yr so far as cycling goes he squared off with everyone doping and beat them all, i wouldn't have really lied about it like him but i guess in this world full of moralist hypocrites he didnt have much choice.. here a idea. if whatever someone chooses to do doesnt negatively impact your life mind your own damn business and please save the uninformed bs about "shit is toxic", prove it, and again to what extent? more than cigarettes? more so than crispy cream for fat ppl? give it a rest..

face

i'm a moralist hypocrite for commenting on the direction MLB is moving in? i'm happy about it, you're the one who's not, you're the one who's whining, bank. times are changing in mlb, that's all. use that energy to write to MLB, I'm not the one in charge.
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...n-hgh-testing/
    Last edited by face; 06-29-13 at 01:25 PM.

BennyBigNuts
    BennyBigNuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1078

Everyone forgets steroids not only help your endurance and your body recovering quicker between starts but the most important thing is CONFIDENCE. The mentality of a player knowing he has an edge is an amazing thing.
    Even if Colon doesn't have overpowering stuff, he know's he's getting away with things a lot of MLB players aren't.
    He throws strikes, is a smart pitcher, but he's most likely still getting some assistance (still).

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM
    El Nino's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1868

Guy had to learn how to become a completely different pitcher after surgery. Doesn't happen overnight.

samgurt
    samgurt's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by konck View Post
    A lot of players are going with deer antler its very hard to detect and its a rejuvenator its not like roids it really doesnt harm. It rebuilds your muscles quickly if you lift one day you can go right back the next day because of that it increases your strength also. Deer Antler does a lot of positives for you I use it off an on I would never touch a roid

I think deer antler spray was taken off the banned list cuz it does no harm....at least it was for golf. Vijay Singh was going to get punished and his case was completely dropped

2daBank

i'm a moralist hypocrite for commenting on the direction MLB is moving in? i'm happy about it, you're the one who's not, you're the one who's whining, bank. times are changing in mlb, that's all. use that energy to write to MLB, I'm not the one in charge.
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...n-hgh-testing/
    yea times are changing..now they want you to believe their gm is clean, i guess they are succeeding..i honestly dont care either way, juice, hgh, cream, clear, rino penis, deer antler, "natural sups", it doesnt matter to me if players are using or not (which they are), what i dont like is the fukkin facade mlb is trying to put on to convince ppl their gm is clean cause it simply not possible, so going forward the naive that believe it will continue to get their panties in a roar over the next big "discovery" and ill have to hear about a issue that is truly irrelevant to me, then even worse the idiot hof committee will again sit on their high horse and play god when all they need to be doing is voting on the merits of the players..i got news for ya bud, they can blood test, they can hair test, they can show up at players doors in the middle of the night from now on you will always have a large percentage that are using one thing or another..you would think baseball players be a little smarter tho and stop getting caught..

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Well said.

Monchito
    Easy Come Easy Go
    Monchito's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2485

Barto is most suspected of having used any performance enhancing substance sports physical

face

banker, not really that into arguing with you, i like you're posts man. tired of talking about it.
    kids should not feel pressured to start using it just because everyone's doing it. i don't care about the deer antler spray. i'm on the outside, who knows how it will pan out. they are using and probably will find a way to continue to use it. i just like the idea of a cleaner game.

Monchito
    Easy Come Easy Go
    Monchito's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2485

all the fault of big corporations and pharmaceutical scientific studies done performance-enhancing substances to unnatural levels physical I miss the baseball of the 60s 70s Golden Years

FCK U Baseball Today !

konck
    konck's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by samgurt View Post
    I think deer antler spray was taken off the banned list cuz it does no harm....at least it was for golf. Vijay Singh was going to get punished and his case was completely dropped
    Nope 2 senior golfers who revived careers said how good it was PGA quickly banned it and told those guys do not take it or speak about it. The real spray comes from New Zealand they are making really powerful supplies now they upped the **'s.......''While I have used deer-antler spray, at no time was I aware that it may contain a substance that is banned under the PGA Tour Anti-Doping Policy,'' Singh said in the statement. ''In fact, when I first received the product, I reviewed the list of ingredients and did not see any prohibited substances. I am absolutely shocked that deer-antler spray may contain a banned substance and am angry that I have put myself in this position. I have been in contact with the PGA Tour and am cooperating fully with their review of this matter. I will not be commenting further at this time.''
    PGA Tour spokesman Ty Votaw said the tour is ''looking into the matter.''
    ''I know that it's obviously illegal, whatever it is,'' Masters champion Bubba Watson said. ''It sounds like something I would never want near me. ... I don't even know how you take deer-antler spray.
    ''It's sad that people live and die by their sport and they have to, I guess, cheat and go around it and try to better themselves with deer-antler spray. I'm not just going to take something and ask questions later. I'm not going to take deer antler-spray and find out what it is later. ... I think we should check them for mental problems if they're taking deer-antler spray. That's kind of weird.''
    Singh won the last of his 34 PGA Tour titles in 2008. The three-time major champion also has 22 international victories. Early in his career, he was suspended from the Asian Tour for two years for altering his scorecard during a tournament in Indonesia.
    Doug Barron is the only player to be suspended under the tour's anti-doping policy, missing part of 2009 and most of 2010. The one-year suspension was lifted in September 2010, and Barron was granted a therapeutic use exemption for low testosterone.

Last edited by konck; 06-29-13 at 03:54 PM.

2daBank

banker, not really that into arguing with you, i like you're posts man. tired of talking about it.
    kids should not feel pressured to start using it just because everyone's doing it. i don't care about the deer antler spray. i'm on the outside, who knows how it will pan out. they are using and probably will find a way to continue to use it. i just like the idea of a cleaner game.
    no worries brother, you good peeps. just having a discussion..far as myself i mean baseball never been "clean" , from corking bats, scuffing baseballs, spitballs, stealing signs (didnt blow jays have a guy in the outfield doing this?), amphetamines, im sure there was something before the uppers im just not that damn old to know what it was. all those things were designed for the same thing as ped use, gaining a advantage.. science advances and the things change but the principals will always remain the same, get a edge on your opponent..im a pretty strong believer that there are safe ways to use a lot of the things they doing these days, of coarse no one really knows yet but id be shocked if a guy that did a cycle of one thing or another once a yr that he really putting himself in any more risk than the guy that does another number of other unhealthy shit, as with anything knowing what you doing and moderation is the key to life, sure those guys in the 80s that were running god knows what and continually doing more and more were putting themselves in great health risk but again because excessive use is dangerous imo doesnt exactly mean that elevating your testosterone for 10 weeks to pack on 20 pounds of muscle is gonna kill ya.. hell pretty sure wont be long until they using a lot of this stuff to have 80-90 years olds running around like they 40! to me it just the next step in evolution..

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by Monchito View Post
    all the fault of big corporations and pharmaceutical scientific studies done performance-enhancing substances to unnatural levels physical I miss the baseball of the 60s 70s Golden Years

FCK U Baseball Today !
    i believe by 70s they had decent assortment of amphetamines, besides 90% of the guys from those eras would either call victor conte or dwindling away in the minors..

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

i believe by 70s they had decent assortment of amphetamines, besides 90% of the guys from those eras would either call victor conte or dwindling away in the minors..
    As you said, the "protect the integrity of the game" crowd from yesteryear is almost as annoying and hypocritical as Selig and Co., who turned a blind eye and deaf ear to steroid use for well over a decade while the game recovered from the '94 strike. Then once it got well/popular again, the leaks started surfacing more and more re: use among big stars and Selig knew his legacy was on the line as he entered the twilight of his career, suddenly he found religion and decided to "clean the game up" after pretending to know nothing for so long. A bunch of bullshit all around.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    As you said, the "protect the integrity of the game" crowd from yesteryear is almost as annoying and hypocritical as Selig and Co., who turned a blind eye and deaf ear to steroid use for well over a decade while the game recovered from the '94 strike. Then once it got well/popular again, the leaks started surfacing more and more re: use among big stars and Selig knew his legacy was on the line as he entered the twilight of his career, suddenly he found religion and decided to "clean the game up" after pretending to know nothing for so long. A bunch of bullshit all around.
    just the premise of "cleaning up the gm" is a fukkin sham..they outta call it what it is "operation get ppl with some flawed sense of morality to believe us even tho we all know there is no way to stay ahead of the curb", all this shit is doing is unbalancing the playing field even more as the smart ones continue to find a way. you want a level playing field stop scaring some of the guys from doing what some will always do..

pimike
    SPORTS IS MONEY
    pimike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 90326

No comparison here.

konck
    konck's Avatar SBR PRO

just the premise of "cleaning up the gm" is a fukkin sham..they outta call it what it is "operation get ppl with some flawed sense of morality to believe us even tho we all know there is no way to stay ahead of the curb", all this shit is doing is unbalancing the playing field even more as the smart ones continue to find a way. you want a level playing field stop scaring some of the guys from doing what some will always do..
    That doesnt level the playing field....a lot of guys wont risk their lives to enhance their play you are also putting the time you have with your family at risk ......maybe not now but down the road.

Ralphie Halves
    Ralphie Halves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15084

Heard a good point on the radio last week that said Bartolo's almost certainly juicing, because if he gets caught, he'll just retire. Guy has absolutely nothing to lose.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by konck View Post
    That doesnt level the playing field....a lot of guys wont risk their lives to enhance their play you are also putting the time you have with your family at risk ......maybe not now but down the road.
    that is a very big unknown at this point.. we way to early into the kind of peds out now to know what the long term effects are..obviously there may be some risk but there risk associated with everything, hell i take plenty of risk and none result in the kind of money that these guys stand to earn, ultimately they dont have to risk it, they can be a normal working stiff like anyone else.. before all said and done id bet a lot of these things be used to extend life not shorten it, i dont see how that not just as likely as assuming they are shortening their lives by doing some of these? again too much of anything is bad but ive never seen any actual proof that increasing ones testosterone for short periods of time to either recover, add strength, or whatever the reason it being used is greatly shaves time off 1s life.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

It actually builds your muscle confidence. Because it gives you better fundamentals to do things you wouldn't normally do in certain situations. Pitchers strive off of it just like hitters. Just like back in the day with Sosa, McGwire, Bonds... the hitter knew what area he was strong at... (most of the plate).... kind of knew what selection was coming. If you couldn't hit that part of the plate... you either walked him or it was YARD.

12 Last