ChalkyDog
    Buy the ticket, take the ride.
    ChalkyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Detroit fans (Pistons specifically)

Will you ever forgive Dumars for passing on Burke?

I was stunned he was still available, and in literal shock they passed on him. Felt terrible for all parties involved. The Piston Fans, the Burke family, and even the Pistons team for dropping the ball so terribly.

Needs be damned, if I was a Pistons fan, I'd have left 10 voicemails and written at least one demand letter.

Unreal.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

KCP will make them forget about Burke

ChalkyDog
    Buy the ticket, take the ride.
    ChalkyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Maybe, but I doubt it.

Pope is nice, Burke is the most NBA ready.

You can literally pay for his contract on jersey sales alone.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

I'm a Piston fan and I've thrown Dumars under the bus so many times since Darko I can't even remember the last time I defended him, but I think he made the right call here.

Deuce
    Eddie Mush
    Deuce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3519

Didn't need Burke and I'm happier Burke is in Utah and not an empty Palace. Dumars is probably next to MJ and the worst upper management in the league.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by ChalkyDog View Post
    Maybe, but I doubt it.

Pope is nice, Burke is the most NBA ready.

You can literally pay for his contract on jersey sales alone.
    I don't see him as "NBA ready." He's small and he can't defend.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Frankly, ever draft pick this year was a gamble for one reason or another. Worst class and shallowest pool I've ever seen.

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM
    El Nino's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1868

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    Frankly, ever draft pick this year was a gamble for one reason or another. Worst class and shallowest pool I've ever seen.
    With that being said, doesn't it make sense from a management standpoint to try and put some asses in the seats and create some buzz for a local guy gone good? Not to mention a Wooden National Player of the Year? Would sell some jerseys at the very least.

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

Chalky spot on as usual...

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

Been a piston fan since the bad boy years and joe d made the right call. We already got brandon knight we didnt need burke.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by El Nino View Post
    With that being said, doesn't it make sense from a management standpoint to try and put some asses in the seats and create some buzz for a local guy gone good? Not to mention a Wooden National Player of the Year? Would sell some jerseys at the very least.
    Yeah, I suppose. I just don't think Burke is as NBA ready as some people think.

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22125

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    I'm a Piston fan and I've thrown Dumars under the bus so many times since Darko I can't even remember the last time I defended him, but I think he made the right call here.
    That was Larry Browns awful decision. The same Larry brown who took Larry Hughes over Paul Pierce and tricked Jordan into thinking he was a good player evaluator and set Jordan back ten years. Most overrated coach in the history of sports. Ah the day Iverson and Pierce would have been on the same team and the whole city couldn't wait but this fuk knew better than everyone else and took Hughes. The story of Philly sports. Front office after front office of shit hole talent evaluators. Best was taking Mike Mamula when Warren Sapp was on the board lol. Everyone and their mother thought we were getting Sapp but Kotite and his staff knew better and took Mamula. A stiff at the highest of levels. These guys always think they know something others don't but they don't know shit and send teams back years instead of rebuilding them.