BennyBigNuts
    BennyBigNuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1078

Commentators who have had words in the booth with each other?

I heard the commentator for the Nats game kind of get annoyed at the other one tonight, very minor. After I was sitting here trying to think of guys who didn't like each other and I drew a blank??????

Has there been any major blowouts where guys couldn't get along or just hated each other working together in the radio or tv booths doing sports?

I can think of minor spats here and there but nothing sticks out as far as guys quitting, losing their jobs etc.

Anyone remember any juicy ones??

NYSportsGuy210
    NYSportsGuy210's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 131

I don't know for sure because whether they really get along or not commentators HAVE TO get along somewhat with their partners or they will lose their jobs. That being said I'm pretty sure John Sterling wants to punch Suzyn Waldman's lights out every time she opens her mouth.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

I think everybody that works for fox sports has wanted to punch Ken Rosenthal and Joe Buck in the face at some point or another.

BennyBigNuts

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    I think everybody that works for fox sports has wanted to punch Ken Rosenthal and Joe Buck in the face at some point or another.
    I was thinking the 2 most hated guys have to be Joe Thiesman and Bill Walton.
    Both of those guys announce according to who they bet on that particular game.

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

almost a year later.. last night at like 3am i hear she is making this shit up and crying at bars now

telling all our mutual friends I forced her to have the abortion

when she told me she was prego she already had an appointment booked

i will never date a girl under 27 again
    Points Awarded:

Mikeyanks23 gave Smoke 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

turtlejc
    turtlejc's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Hawk Harrelson with ANYONE, hes gotten tons of people out of the booth with him

same with harry carey but not as bad

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4651

I'm sure there are some that have words during the commercial breaks. I wish they would be real with each other on the air. Would make things more interesting.

Art Vandelay
    Corona on St. Pats... WTF!
    Art Vandelay's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 57553

Quote Originally Posted by NYSportsGuy210 View Post
    I don't know for sure because whether they really get along or not commentators HAVE TO get along somewhat with their partners or they will lose their jobs. That being said I'm pretty sure John Sterling wants to punch Suzyn Waldman's lights out every time she opens her mouth.
    Especially that night when she let us all know that "Roger Clemens is in George Steinbrenner's box". She was screaming like a schoolgirl - priceless!

Terrapin Station
    Terrapin Station's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 96

Quote Originally Posted by Art Vandelay View Post
    Especially that night when she let us all know that "Roger Clemens is in George Steinbrenner's box". She was screaming like a schoolgirl - priceless!
    "goodness gracious...of all the dramatic things"

BennyBigNuts

Crazy nothing stands out for anyone really.
    Gotta be some video clips of some arguments somewhere.....Let me see what I can find.....

greenhippo
    greenhippo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 723

Milo Hamilton and Harry Caray really didn't like each other, it was pretty well known in Chicago. Not sure if or how much it carried onto the air.

toga toga
    toga toga's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8347

And the reverse!