nyplayer33
    nyplayer33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

thoughts on game 6 ending boston/chicago

I am happy with the end result as I had bet chicago to win the cup back when they were on that crazy streak of not losing in regualtion. However, let's look at game 6. Boston had better scoring chances and in a very low scoring game it's 2-1 midway thru the 3rd. Now, what are the chances chicago will score under 2 minutes..forget about scoring twice. It happens, wow..so the odds were right and such..the linesmaker is hardly ever wrong. Chic was -350 at heritage to win the series at the start of game6. Didn't that seem too high..well to me it sure did and i bet a small amount on the bruins. Rememeber, the line money lines..is hardly ever wrong..and now the miracle finish ensures that the said line was indeed correct. But looking closely, does it seem possible that the ending was rigged, yeah i know stanley cup etc...but in my view..something seemed fishy

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21629

Quote Originally Posted by nyplayer33 View Post
    I am happy with the end result as I had bet chicago to win the cup back when they were on that crazy streak of not losing in regualtion. However, let's look at game 6. Boston had better scoring chances and in a very low scoring game it's 2-1 midway thru the 3rd. Now, what are the chances chicago will score under 2 minutes..forget about scoring twice. It happens, wow..so the odds were right and such..the linesmaker is hardly ever wrong. Chic was -350 at heritage to win the series at the start of game6. Didn't that seem too high..well to me it sure did and i bet a small amount on the bruins. Rememeber, the line money lines..is hardly ever wrong..and now the miracle finish ensures that the said line was indeed correct. But looking closely, does it seem possible that the ending was rigged, yeah i know stanley cup etc...but in my view..something seemed fishy
    Nope. Not fishy at all. Boston was around -125 in Game 6. If they go to Game 7 figure the line is around Chicago -150/Bos +130 which is pretty much what it was for Games 1,2,5. -125 parlayed with +130 is Boston +314. Chicago taking back -350 series is spot on for what the Game 7 line would have implied. If anything, -350 was a little low. That line was not fishy at all and implies rigging in no way. Boston just choked. It happens.

newguy
    [Too Long]
    newguy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9978

I watched every minute of the Hawks playoff games and obviously the Stanley Cup. There definitely wasn't a rig job there (or I guess you can never say definitely - but all looked clean to me). The game tying goal was a man advantage with goalie pulled and that stuff just happens. Toews was able to sneak a pass through the defense to wide open player. It was actually no different than Bruins first goal where Hawks defense got out of place. The game winning goal was a definite case of Boston on tilt a little bit, got a very lucky bounce off the goal post and stuck it in. I know NHL players are good but to get that kind of bounce off the post - that isn't rigged - just good fun hockey

packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3435

No I dont think it was but I suppose whenver someone is on the losing side theyll think its rigged in someway. The Hawks wore Chara down over the series and it showed the way the Hawks were able to crash the net so easily.

mngambler
    mngambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3057

Quote Originally Posted by packerd_00 View Post
    No I dont think it was but I suppose whenver someone is on the losing side theyll think its rigged in someway. The Hawks wore Chara down over the series and it showed the way the Hawks were able to crash the net so easily.
    I wouldn't exactly say they "wore him down over the series" I would say he looked slow and completely fking worthless the whole series, look how many goals he was on the ice for, he was manhandled by the speedy Hawks

packerd_00

Quote Originally Posted by mngambler View Post
    I wouldn't exactly say they "wore him down over the series" I would say he looked slow and completely fking worthless the whole series, look how many goals he was on the ice for, he was manhandled by the speedy Hawks
    Im not taking anything away from the Hawks they earned every bit of that Stanley Cup title. And your right the speed was huge factor once Kane and Toews got together the series completely changed,and give Bickell credit they couldnt have done it without him,he didnt take any crap of Lucic and Chara.

polishkielbasa10
    polishkielbasa10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4789

All came down to 3 lucky bounces/deflections to win 3 games...kind of a joke, but it's part of the game

boeing power
    boeing power's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 56

Not rigged,

NHL would have loved a game 7,

bruins choked hard,

it happens.

odog11
    It aint easy being greasy.
    odog11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3197

Awfully hard way to go about fixin' a game don't you think? Have seen speculation online that Bruins comeback versus the Leafs was fixed too.

Unbeleafable what some people will come up with or believe.

hockey216
    hockey216's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

tough loss.

ZdenoK
    ZdenoK's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5733

Oh yes, I heard Seguin and Marchand were out partying and gambling drunk through the playoffs a lot, ended up owing some money to wrong people so they lost on purpose.

Name:  brad-marchand-and-tyler-seguin-partying1.jpg
Views: 533
Size:  46.0 KB

nyplayer33

bruins choked hard is a cliche..this implies they played differently in the last 90 seconds..unless it was somehow rigged it was legit. I think the choke factor is way overused

boeing power

Quote Originally Posted by nyplayer33 View Post
    bruins choked hard is a cliche..this implies they played differently in the last 90 seconds..unless it was somehow rigged it was legit. I think the choke factor is way overused
    Hawks second goal was a good hockey goal,

after that goal bruins were rattled and hawks took advantage.

Very similar to the leafs collapse to the bruins.

Pretty obvious you have never played sports.

Momentum is cliche but its very real.

ChicagoBlackhawk
    ChicagoBlackhawk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 160

never a doubt. hawks all the way day 1 the season started...

nyplayer33

i have played sports..i said the choke factor was a cliche and often not the case. Momentum and choking have nothing to do with each other. I bet chic to win cup..as for not a doubt..weren't they down 3 games to one to detroit

daimoshokage
    daimoshokage's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 57

The better team won..

petey5
    petey5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16971

Chicago was the team to beat all season long.

Art Vandelay
    Corona on St. Pats... WTF!
    Art Vandelay's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 57705

Quote Originally Posted by mngambler View Post
    Chara was AWFUL! He was on the ice and responsible for most of the Hawk's goals in the series. And most important, he was on the ice, was in position, and failed to make a play to stop the Hawk's first 2 goals in Game 6. Definitely the "goat" of the series.

Winnipeg Jets
    Winnipeg Jets's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1459

Quote Originally Posted by ZdenoK View Post
    Oh yes, I heard Seguin and Marchand were out partying and gambling drunk through the playoffs a lot, ended up owing some money to wrong people so they lost on purpose.

Name:  brad-marchand-and-tyler-seguin-partying1.jpg
Views: 533
Size:  46.0 KB
    wheres the beards? can't be from these playoffs.

boeing power

Quote Originally Posted by Winnipeg Jets View Post
    wheres the beards? can't be from these playoffs.
    Old photo from when they won the cup in 2011.

Winnipeg Jets

Quote Originally Posted by Art Vandelay View Post
    Chara was AWFUL! He was on the ice and responsible for most of the Hawk's goals in the series. And most important, he was on the ice, was in position, and failed to make a play to stop the Hawk's first 2 goals in Game 6. Definitely the "goat" of the series.
    Jagr was a bust. sure he set up a few goals but scored 0 thruout the playoffs.

Sequin had the shots but couldn't buy a goal.

Marchand had nothing left.

Never expected B's making the finals so I consider it a good season.

Ference and Horton will be gone.

Mikail
    Fader of GOY'S
    Mikail's Avatar Become A Pro!

Believe you me I am all about calling out what I perceive as a possible rig happening but I personally don't believe anything suspect happened in this game 6 It just happened that something unlikely of occuring actually occurred.

Winnipeg Jets

Quote Originally Posted by Mikail View Post
    Believe you me I am all about calling out what I perceive as a possible rig happening but I personally don't believe anything suspect happened in this game 6 It just happened that something unlikely of occuring actually occurred.
    bruins stayed alive and lost the cup the same way. karma is a bitch.

Mikail
    Fader of GOY'S
    Mikail's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Winnipeg Jets View Post
    bruins stayed alive and lost the cup the same way. karma is a bitch.
    Good point.

I/O
    I/O's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by packerd_00 View Post
    Would never try to defend Chara, but heard he was part of the walking wounded from both teams. Don't know when in the playoffs his injuries occurred.

Also heard the Hawks players saying he was doing a lot of chirping on the ice. Glad he shit the bed. When you are that big, shouldn't need to mouth off. Shaw earned his paycheck!!

packerd_00

Quote Originally Posted by I/O View Post
    Would never try to defend Chara, but heard he was part of the walking wounded from both teams. Don't know when in the playoffs his injuries occurred.

Also heard the Hawks players saying he was doing a lot of chirping on the ice. Glad he shit the bed. When you are that big, shouldn't need to mouth off. Shaw earned his paycheck!!
    I guess finally that old saying came to roost for Chara what goes around comes around,he finally paid the price for his bullying ways.

I can see Chara being a mouth piece,he thought he was pretty invincible I think. Shaw was great,he was another one of those players that dug in and gave the Bruins problems,I dont think the Penguins had alot of those guys that could dig and give the Bruins fits.