lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7600

Bruins/Hawks- who ya got?

Hard to go against either team here but I think boston is the type of team that can beat the hawks. Both teams have overcome big hurdles to get here.

Goailes. - the edge goes to bos here but its small.

Defence- I like the hawks blueline better cause they are in better shape health wise but chara is a monster.

Offence- chi is more powerful but bos rolls 4 lines and that's big in the nhl finals.

Special teams- chi with a better situation here.

Coaching- I think julien does more with less.

Bruins in 7.

odog11
    It aint easy being greasy.
    odog11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3197

Team of destiny, yada yada yada.. Bruins in 6.

san2c
    san2c's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 234

Bostons only advantage here is the netminder..

HAWKS IN 6

rocky16
    rocky16's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 40

Bruins in 6. Don't see any team beating Rask 4 games in a series.

oiler
    oiler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2500

hawks in 6

bigbadbruins22
    bigbadbruins22's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Hard to go against either team here but I think boston is the type of team that can beat the hawks. Both teams have overcome big hurdles to get here.

Goailes. - the edge goes to bos here but its small.

Defence- I like the hawks blueline better cause they are in better shape health wise but chara is a monster.

Offence- chi is more powerful but bos rolls 4 lines and that's big in the nhl finals.

Special teams- chi with a better situation here.

Coaching- I think julien does more with less.

Bruins in 7.
    Goalie - Boston

Defense - Push

Fwds - Push/Chi

PP - Chi

PK - Bruins

Bruins in 6

CanuckG
    CanuckG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 584

Bruins in 6 but I want CHI to win

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1782

Quote Originally Posted by rocky16 View Post
    Bruins in 6. Don't see any team beating Rask 4 games in a series.
    Toronto did and they suck.

Too bad they choked a huge lead.

hockey216
    hockey216's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Defence- I like the hawks blueline better cause they are in better shape health wise but chara is a monster
    bostons defense is healthy. What in the world were you talking about saying bostons defense is not healthy? bruins have the best defensemen in nhl. Chara and Seidenberg (underrated) shut down every superstar line in the world. sedins/kessler, stamkos/lecavier/st louis, crosby/malkin/letang/neal (everybody). Ference boychuck are solid too. mcquaid is one of tougher guys in league, plus they have options on 6th guy (redden, krug (got 4 goals in rangers series i believe), hamilton, bartowski). krug and redden are more likely. krug earned spot in lineup with goals during rangers series so krug should be staying barring a mistake in finals. also, boston gets ton of goals from their D becuase of their system. they cycle/dump/chase battle along boards, feed puck back to D for slapshot, then look to either get goal off D, or put in rebound. bruins have the best defensemen in the nhl. They are deep at blue line. Edge is to boston on D. How is bostons D not in good shape health wise? they are all fine. Ference is back healthy. Hawks have great D dont get me wrong. they are excellent and probably very close behind. but i'd take Boston's D with Chara and Seidenberg any day.

let me make another thing clear. Chara is the best defenseman in the nhl. i dont care who wins norris. People can vote whoever they want for the Norris every year, but it doesnt change a damn thing. Chara is the best defenseman in the nhl. He plays 30 minutes/night, he plays pk, powerplay, he plays against other teams top players all night. Guy plays hard minutes against top players and plays in every key situation and plays almost 30minutes per game. He's also the biggest defenseman, a hard hitter, and he has the hardest, fastest shot in the nhl. Chara is the best defenseman in the nhl. period. I don't give a damn who wins the Norris.

Julien is great coach. people criticize julien every year, but they are idiots. julien is a good coach. system is good. also gives players right mentality of not getting too high too low and keeping they focused and not letting them get ahead of theirselves. hawks coach could be great i have no idea i havent followed hawks coach too much but i know julien is solid. im not comparing. i am just supporting julien. everyone hates on julien all the time. i think its unfair. even tortorella said it postgame after game 5 that hes great coach and cant believe people criticize him. guy boucher said it after game 7 ECF in 2011 too. Julien is classy guy and great coach.
    Last edited by hockey216; 06-10-13 at 04:09 PM.

hockey216
    hockey216's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

bruins are better on draws too. faceoffs important because faceoff win on PK = clear. faceoff win in offensive zone = shot. faceoff win on D = breakout.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: I/O

Sport_Fish
    Sport_Fish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2039

You tell us...you had rangers to win the cup so clearly you know best.

Winnipeg Jets
    Winnipeg Jets's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1459

Quote Originally Posted by k13 View Post
    Toronto did and they suck.

Too bad they choked a huge lead.
    that was eons ago. the bruins we're practically giving the leafs the series.

rangers got 1 lucky win or else b's would be 8 and 0 last 2 series.

enough of the hawks crap. they're done. boston in 6.

Winnipeg Jets

Quote Originally Posted by hockey216 View Post
    bostons defense is healthy. What in the world were you talking about saying bostons defense is not healthy? bruins have the best defensemen in nhl. Chara and Seidenberg (underrated) shut down every superstar line in the world. sedins/kessler, stamkos/lecavier/st louis, crosby/malkin/letang/neal (everybody). Ference boychuck are solid too. mcquaid is one of tougher guys in league, plus they have options on 6th guy (redden, krug (got 4 goals in rangers series i believe), hamilton, bartowski). krug and redden are more likely. krug earned spot in lineup with goals during rangers series so krug should be staying barring a mistake in finals. also, boston gets ton of goals from their D becuase of their system. they cycle/dump/chase battle along boards, feed puck back to D for slapshot, then look to either get goal off D, or put in rebound. bruins have the best defensemen in the nhl. They are deep at blue line. Edge is to boston on D. How is bostons D not in good shape health wise? they are all fine. Ference is back healthy. Hawks have great D dont get me wrong. they are excellent and probably very close behind. but i'd take Boston's D with Chara and Seidenberg any day.

let me make another thing clear. Chara is the best defenseman in the nhl. i dont care who wins norris. People can vote whoever they want for the Norris every year, but it doesnt change a damn thing. Chara is the best defenseman in the nhl. He plays 30 minutes/night, he plays pk, powerplay, he plays against other teams top players all night. Guy plays hard minutes against top players and plays in every key situation and plays almost 30minutes per game. He's also the biggest defenseman, a hard hitter, and he has the hardest, fastest shot in the nhl. Chara is the best defenseman in the nhl. period. I don't give a damn who wins the Norris.

Julien is great coach. people criticize julien every year, but they are idiots. julien is a good coach. system is good. also gives players right mentality of not getting too high too low and keeping they focused and not letting them get ahead of theirselves. hawks coach could be great i have no idea i havent followed hawks coach too much but i know julien is solid. im not comparing. i am just supporting julien. everyone hates on julien all the time. i think its unfair. even tortorella said it postgame after game 5 that hes great coach and cant believe people criticize him. guy boucher said it after game 7 ECF in 2011 too. Julien is classy guy and great coach.
    i heard the bowmans weren't too pleased with q's coaching when the hawks were down 3-1 to the wings.

Bawth
    Bawth's Avatar Become A Pro!

Boston in 5.
    Bostons defense has 15goals so far in the postseason and the hawks don't know how to defend the point.

DannyLawless
    DannyLawless's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 499

Bruins PP is weak and the Hawks PK couldn't be stronger. Not sure what some of you guys are smokin'

Bruins have a bunch of brutes who can't score but like to hit but guess what boys? Every other team has tried to do that and failed. Kings can hit with the best of 'em and they tried that strategy and ultimately lost.

Watching the Bruins play the Pittsburgh penetrators...err, I mean Pens, They looked awfully slow. Hawks will skate circles around the B's defense and wear them out quickly.

Conclusion: Hawks Scalp The Bruins in 5.

Home ice is big this year but I've never heard the Garden so Quiet with a "team of destiny" playing after they cae back from the leaves and moved onto the next series.
    Last edited by DannyLawless; 06-10-13 at 05:27 PM.

Winnipeg Jets

Quote Originally Posted by DannyLawless View Post
    Bruins PP is weak and the Hawks PK couldn't be stronger. Not sure what some of you guys are smokin'

Bruins have a bunch of brutes who can't score but like to hit but guess what boys? Every other team has tried to do that and failed. Kings can hit with the best of 'em and they tried that strategy and ultimately lost.

Watching the Bruins play the Pittsburgh penetrators...err, I mean Pens, They looked awfully slow. Hawks will skate circles around the B's defense and wear them out quickly.

Home ice is big this year but I've never heard the Garden so Quiet with a "team of destiny" playing after they cae back from the leaves and moved onto the next series.
    pens never got 1 pp goal against boston.

teams don't win back to back and quick sucked.

crawford is a ? rask says, "tim who?.

save your money you penetrating 2 post tool.
    Points Awarded:

JayDeezy gave Winnipeg Jets 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

odog11
    It aint easy being greasy.
    odog11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3197

Yes, they looked like molasses holding the top scoring(Regular season and playoffs) team to 2 goals in 4 games plus 35 minutes of overtime. Wear them out quickly? Bruins have depth, more than enough rest now and before last series, throw in the two days off twice in the series and fatigue will not be a factor,not for either team.

Chicago's PK has been great, but Bruins have been best 5 on 5 team, with not much PP production, over the last few years, so this is not that big of a deal.

Now, the Kings were exhausted and suffering numerous injuries, quick not in top form and so they were not a great challenge. Chicago had an easy road to the cup really and facing by far the best and hottest team they will have to face in the finals.

keyboarding
    SBR's Respected Garbage
    keyboarding's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 972

Are you a troll or mentally handicapped?

Logic points to BOS winning simply because they've been more impressive recently. Many reference them almost losing to TOR but think of that more as playing down to your opponent, and quite the wake up call. It's amazing how you'll read more comments along the lines of "BOS sucks, they basically lost to TOR" and practically nothing regarding the fact they fukking swept PIT, who were favourites coming out of the East and held them practically scoreless while they did it. Anyone who doesn't see just how impressive that is should stop wagering and watching hockey.

God bless.

I/O
    I/O's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Winnipeg Jets View Post
    pens never got 1 pp goal against boston.

teams don't win back to back and quick sucked.

crawford is a ? rask says, "tim who?.

save your money you penetrating 2 post tool.

ChalkyDog
    Buy the ticket, take the ride.
    ChalkyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Rask is a bad ass. But so was Quick.

The Hawks have the overwhelming talent advantage, but Tuuka is a bad ass.

Topo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 120

Chicago is the better team, but their series line removes the value in betting them.

Snine
    Snine's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1422

Quote Originally Posted by Topo View Post
    Chicago is the better team, but their series line removes the value in betting them.
    This is exactly what I was thinking.

Chicago should win this though. Going to see how game one plays out and maybe make a move from there. Kind of hoping we see Chicago out play them hard, but then have Boston pull off some fluky win so I can hop on Chicago after game 1 at a better line.

Mitchell88
    Mitchell88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

I don't know how anyone can really give a solid edge to anyone at this point. The teams didn't play this year, they are both very evenly matched on paper. So many variables from series to series. I don't think that the Hawks have seen a defense like the bruins and I don't think that the bruins have seen depth and speed like the hawks. We will have to see how the coaches match them up. I think that it will be Chara and Seidenberg when the Toews line is on the the ice. Then Bergeron matched up with the Hossa line. IMO going to come down to some breakaways because the Hawks love to stretch the ice and start on the left, I think that there will be some take aways when the try to stretch the ice. If the Bruins get into a run and gun with them they will lose. If they make the Hawks play their game and win battles then the bruins will win. Gonna be a great series anyway you look at it

Winnipeg Jets

Quote Originally Posted by Snine View Post
    This is exactly what I was thinking.

Chicago should win this though. Going to see how game one plays out and maybe make a move from there. Kind of hoping we see Chicago out play them hard, but then have Boston pull off some fluky win so I can hop on Chicago after game 1 at a better line.
    boston's been fluky all playoffs chief. jump on the opponent like the rest of the hockey predictors.

DannyLawless

@winnipeg Dont ever confuse the Hawks with the Pens. Cindy Crosby might as well've been made of glass the way he was playing. The Pens looked like they could have lost to some college teams I've seen play, The sweep was impressive no doubt but if your placing your money on the Bruins because they swept Pit, you might wanna re-consider not only your wager, but your future endevors in the business of sports gambling as well.

I agree Quick sucked but as usual its not being credited to the Blackhawks but rather him being 'off his game'. This business coming out now about them saying they're injured slays me. It's the playoffs, everyones got bumps and bruises.

Crawford and Rask Matchup extremely well, With only a .001 edge to Rask in save %. Don't get me wrong I'm from New England and watch the Bruins all the time and have great respect for the team, but that being said I don't think they've faced an offense as powerful as the Blackhawks.

I stand by my Original Statement of the B's getting worn out as well. Chara's getting older and plays most of the game which is taxing on any player regardless of age. Hawks are fast and a little slip up can end up being a big mistake.

Enough of this talk with keyboard warriors though, I just want the series to start. Tomorrow night can't come fast enough.

ROYAJA8
    ROYAJA8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 257

Chicago is the better team and has home ice advantage. I say Chi in 5 or 6

Aussiefalconfan
    Makin' it Hail
    Aussiefalconfan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 811

Bruins just beat the heavy favs 4-0 why is no one thinking sweep is a possibility?

RubberKettle
    RubberKettle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 791

Bruins in a sweep

Huckleberry Pig
    Huckleberry Pig's Avatar Become A Pro!

value is with the Bruins @ +$. Regardless of the line, I still like Boston to take this in 6 or 7

Darkside Magick
    Black Box Algorithm
    Darkside Magick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1258

This is going 7 games in really a coin toss series.....the slightest of leans to the Bruins

The iron sheik
    The iron sheik's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

the under

But I'm leaning towards Bruins. My boy Rask finally got his big chance so let's see some delivery, BOS in 6

Plus573
    It's Miller Time
    Plus573's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1887

@winnipeg Dont ever confuse the Hawks with the Pens. Cindy Crosby might as well've been made of glass the way he was playing. The Pens looked like they could have lost to some college teams I've seen play, The sweep was impressive no doubt but if your placing your money on the Bruins because they swept Pit, you might wanna re-consider not only your wager, but your future endevors in the business of sports gambling as well.

I agree Quick sucked but as usual its not being credited to the Blackhawks but rather him being 'off his game'. This business coming out now about them saying they're injured slays me. It's the playoffs, everyones got bumps and bruises.

Crawford and Rask Matchup extremely well, With only a .001 edge to Rask in save %. Don't get me wrong I'm from New England and watch the Bruins all the time and have great respect for the team, but that being said I don't think they've faced an offense as powerful as the Blackhawks.

I stand by my Original Statement of the B's getting worn out as well. Chara's getting older and plays most of the game which is taxing on any player regardless of age. Hawks are fast and a little slip up can end up being a big mistake.

Enough of this talk with keyboard warriors though, I just want the series to start. Tomorrow night can't come fast enough.
    Every Bruins homer on this forum is talking about how the Bs dismantled the Pens, and then they turn around and want to say injuries, Quick being off his game, etc etc is the reason the Hawks won handedly. Winnipeg Jets seems like the king of this. Both teams deserve credit thus far and hope to see a good series. Think Hawks win in 6 or 7.

DannyLawless

Perhaps This isn't the correct forum for this but is anyone parlaying the basketball game tonight with hockey tomorrow? I kinda think the spurs are the play but I'm not much for following those porch monkeys and their game. Spurs and Hawks makes the Hawks lines a bit more appealing when combined...

Winnipeg Jets

bruins haven't played a team like chicago and chicago hasn't played a team like boston.

we'll see tomorrow.

keyboarding
    SBR's Respected Garbage
    keyboarding's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 972

Perhaps This isn't the correct forum for this but is anyone parlaying the basketball game tonight with hockey tomorrow? I kinda think the spurs are the play but I'm not much for following those porch monkeys and their game. Spurs and Hawks makes the Hawks lines a bit more appealing when combined...
    Never fukking heard of you, pal. You're a clown and no one really gives a fukk what you have to say.

God bless.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: InTheDrink, and JayDeezy

1234 Last