Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

I love Verlander but Felix Doubront might be best play on Board!!???

Verlander is not pitching well this year.

Scherzer is the new ace of the staff...

How is Verlander -175 against the Red Sox???

Absurd line here. Who is taking the
    Red Sox today?

BuddyBear
    Update your status
    BuddyBear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4805

JV has historically pitched very well at home....i don't know the exact numbers but he has won at a better than a 2-1 rate in Comerica Park. His road numbers, are also good, but not as good as on the road. He's always struggled somewhat against the top tier teams of the AL the past 4 to 5 years (i.e. Boston, NYY, and Texas). His numbers are good in an absolute sense but compared to the past few years past they are not as good. He's still striking out more than 10 batters per 9 which is his best ever. His problem this year has been he is walking more batters than he has in the past 5 years. His control is not as good. Consequently, he is pitching less deeper into games. If you have been following his starts, he is usually around 100 pitches by the 5th or 6th innings. He has not pitched more than 7 innings all year which is shocking when you considered how deep he use to pitch into games the past few years.

Doubrount is a good pitcher....but JV is clearly the better pitcher in every major statistical category. I think the line is about right. Tigers have a strong home field in general compounded by JV's amazing success at Comerica. But I get what you are saying. Tiger bats are starting to heat up again too.

OhMyEli
    OhMyEli's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by BuddyBear View Post
    JV has historically pitched very well at home....i don't know the exact numbers but he has won at a better than a 2-1 rate in Comerica Park. His road numbers, are also good, but not as good as on the road. He's always struggled somewhat against the top tier teams of the AL the past 4 to 5 years (i.e. Boston, NYY, and Texas). His numbers are good in an absolute sense but compared to the past few years past they are not as good. He's still striking out more than 10 batters per 9 which is his best ever. His problem this year has been he is walking more batters than he has in the past 5 years. His control is not as good. Consequently, he is pitching less deeper into games. If you have been following his starts, he is usually around 100 pitches by the 5th or 6th innings. He has not pitched more than 7 innings all year which is shocking when you considered how deep he use to pitch into games the past few years.

Doubrount is a good pitcher....but JV is clearly the better pitcher in every major statistical category. I think the line is about right. Tigers have a strong home field in general compounded by JV's amazing success at Comerica. But I get what you are saying. Tiger bats are starting to heat up again too.
    I think the Tigers bats have been very inconsistent against good teams (not necessarily good pitchers). I'm tempted to take Red Sox first five here as they could sneak 2 or 3 off JV.