Ralphie1412
    You Come at the King You Best Not Miss
    Ralphie1412's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1209

Clippers would rather have Deandre Jordan than Doc Rivers

Quite possibly one of the most laughable moves in a long time. A couple draft picks and Deandre? The draft sucks theses days anyway. Deandre Jordan is as average a big man as there is. Blake Griffin would benefit tremendously from the space KG would open up with his 17 foot jump shot. Blake Griffin is subpar as well and we have seen EVERYTHING that kid has as a basketball player. He doesnt fit well with Deandre. He would be much better without Deandre. Chris Paul would definitely sign long term with Doc. Players like Doc.

Clippers dropped the ball.

TwoWays
    TwoWays's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3608

Chris Paul is overrated. He's yet to do something meaningful in the playoffs. Im starting to think it's not his teammates but him.

easyliving
    easyliving's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11

Quote Originally Posted by TwoWays View Post
    Chris Paul is overrated. He's yet to do something meaningful in the playoffs. Im starting to think it's not his teammates but him.
    you might actually be on to something. guy has been called the best pg in the league for a while now and he has as much playoff success as Deron Williams.

also what was Deandre's FT % last year again?

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

tend to agree, great reg season player though for what that's worth. also i think Doc got credit for Thibidou's defensive schemes, and Doc's offensive play calling looked pretty weak to me.

Bluehorseshoe
    Bluehorseshoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1557

As a Clipper fan, I tend to agree. I don't think he makes his team better like other great point guards and David West said the same. If he walked and Bledsoe stayed, I'd be fine with that.

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

you left out the celts also wanted two first round picks.

iQon
    iQon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 123

They weren't trading Jordan for Doc Rivers. They were trading multiple 1st round picks + cash for Rivers.

Jordan was being traded for Garnett.

Ralphie1412

Quote Originally Posted by Ghenghis Kahn View Post
    you left out the celts also wanted two first round picks.
    Quote Originally Posted by iQon View Post
    They weren't trading Jordan for Doc Rivers. They were trading multiple 1st round picks + cash for Rivers.

Jordan was being traded for Garnett.
    Like I said they wanted draft picks too. These would be late round 1st round picks. The Clippers are a playoff team. The picks are meaningless. I dont blame them for wanting to keep Bledsoe, but this boils down to DeAndre Jordan for Doc Rivers.

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

aren't you the one that said lebron made a mistake by going to miami?

Git Lo
    Git Lo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13389

DeAndre is probably the only big man who can guard Dwight Howard, DeAndre is not that bad really, you didn't see much of him late in the season and playoffs because Vinny Del Black tried switching things up and failed miserably.

iQon

Since when are late round draft picks meaningless in the NBA? The Spurs' rotation right now has one lottery pick and the rest are basically 2nd round draft picks.

And where are they, again?

teaserpleaser
    teaserpleaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

2 picks that would probably be meaningless and deandre Jordan a guy you really cant even trust at the end of games he cant shoot and cant dribble hes a high flying act like blake grif ...for doc rivers kg and rumored possible paul pierce coming back home. Unfukkin real how sorry sterling is for not closing the deal seriously other owners must be laughing at him. Have any of you taken a look at Deandre's contract

teaserpleaser
    teaserpleaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

Since when are late round draft picks meaningless in the NBA? The Spurs' rotation right now has one lottery pick and the rest are basically 2nd round draft picks.

I think we ALL understand theres a difference between the fine scouting department of the spurs that can find talent around the globe and this clippers scouting department cant we? These are the same guys that thought it was a great idea to give deandre Jordan that contract what is he 8 points and 8 rebs a night avg something like that lol.

Ralphie1412

Quote Originally Posted by Ghenghis Kahn View Post
    aren't you the one that said lebron made a mistake by going to miami?

No Im the one that said James/Wade/Noah/Deng is better than James/Wade/Bosh. And I stand by that comment. But I understand reading comprehension on this site is brutal.

'

not meaningless but not worth what the Clippers are valuing them at. And we are talking about the organization that took Michael Oklawandi first pick. I say it again........Deandre and your first pick for the next two years for a coach that you will have for 6 seasons thus keeping your point guard is a slam dunk, no brainer.

agharah1
    agharah1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1191

I heard the real problem was the Clippers didn't end up wanting to pay Rivers 7-8 million per year. And I'm pretty sure the NBA doesn't allow teams to trade their first round picks in back to back years. It would have to be their 2013 pick and their 2015 pick.

iQon

If they were this good, the Celtics wouldn't be so desperate for a fire sale. You're either judging based on merit or just don't watch the games.

You don't give up Butler's expiring contract to take on a 35 year old Jason Terry's.
    You don't trade DeAndre Jordan for KG when KG's health can force him into retirement at any moment.
    You don't give up 1st round picks for Doc Rivers when you have guys like Hollins, Sloan, and Shaw out there.
    And then they sign Paula Pierce?

Celtics would have cleaned up with that trade.

Remind me how many playoff series the Clippers have won with Chris Paul? Are they one piece away from a title? No. Guys like KG, Terry, and Rivers might get them to 7 games in the 2nd round. Big whoop.

You'd fare better trading those pieces for Dwight Howard... Bynum... Josh Smith... Al Jefferson... David West...

ROYAJA8
    ROYAJA8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 257

Clips made a smart move by quitting trade talks. Jordan and 2 first for a coach and old kg who wont bring much to the table anymore. Clippers like to run and having KG would slow them
    Down. Also having to pay Rivers over 8 million a year is too much and taking on kg's contract is a big no no. I'm just hoping they decide to trade my Lakers Blake and Bledsoe for Howard.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21665

Would have been a dumb trade for Clippers. Trading for Doc Rovers is just dumb. KG is over the hill and now overpaid. Celtics wanted to do this badly but overplayed their hand.

ChalkyDog
    Buy the ticket, take the ride.
    ChalkyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

About the Spurs draft thing. They have the luxury to simply draft high end talent, late, and let them sit and prepare for when their name is called.

Look at the Bulls for instance, they play their rookies.

Spurs simply draft guys with insanely high ceilings, because their core can keep them competitive. Once in a while, the 2nd rd flier on a raw but high potential player actually pays off.

It's not that the Spurs are fantastic at scouting. They just have the luxury of not putting pressure on kids with raw talent to perform before they're ready.

As far as this Clippers thing... no opinion.

NYSportsGuy210
    NYSportsGuy210's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 131

Clippers should trade Blake Griffin.....he should be no more than a #3 scoring option on that LA team. He cannot hit jump shots consistently and come the post season all his highlight dunks won't mean squat when he has to go one on one against a solid playoff caliber defenses and make regular baskets (which he isn't good at doing).

Maybe trade Griffin for Brandon Bass (a guy that can actually hit the mid range jump shot) and use the cap space to sign Dwight Howard.