Semper Fidelis
    Semper Fidelis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9220

Does Anyone Make Anything with Free Picks...

From any cappers? Really wanting to find the best possible free picks to start labby/chase systems with. I've actually thought about tracking several different cappers and seeing what we come up with to see who is actually ok to follow long term. Has anyone actually done this kind of research or know of any sites that keep records of free picks? Any info is greatly appreciated!

Shelbycatz
    Shelbycatz's Avatar Become A Pro!

most free picks r heavy juice computer sports seem to b ok

Shelbycatz
    Shelbycatz's Avatar Become A Pro!

also a guy on covers experts forum is like 18 and 3 so far

Semper Fidelis

I'm talking about regular cappers like Joe Wiz or IC or someone like that who offers free comp plays. I don't care if they only average around 50% or more, just so long as they don't have lengthy losing streaks that would make it hard to do any kind of chase or labby. Are there any sites out there that actually keep track of people's free picks? Of course they have ones that record and chart regular paid plays, but what about free plays? Do any if the monitor sites record those types of plays as well?

chilidog
    chilidog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 956

stopandwinsports.com

they track a ton of capper's free picks, and they go back multiple years. in the end, you'll find that the free picks (must like the paid picks) all fluctuate around 50% - once you go back multiple years). just because a capper's free picks are profitable this year, doesn't mean much. check the previous years, and you'll find they were down.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: ChalkyDog

Baath887
    Baath887's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 961

Semper, check your inbox!

Joe Dogs
    Joe Dogs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 593

Arthur Ralph Sports free plays 1045-784 over 58% over last 5 and a half years.

trap
    Update your status
    trap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10874

Also a lot of the high % freebies such-as Artie Ralph get better numbers than
    anybody else in the WHOLE world!!!

chilidog

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Dogs View Post
    Arthur Ralph Sports free plays 1045-784 over 58% over last 5 and a half years.
    Have you actually tracked Arthur Ralph, or just taking his word for it? This year he's at 53.5% (and up +0.9 units). 2012 he was at 53.3% (and down -11.8 units). In 2011, he man was at 52.8% and down -4.7 units. In 2010, 51.9% and down -0.1 units.

Baath887
    Baath887's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 961

Quote Originally Posted by chilidog View Post
    stopandwinsports.com

they track a ton of capper's free picks, and they go back multiple years. in the end, you'll find that the free picks (must like the paid picks) all fluctuate around 50% - once you go back multiple years). just because a capper's free picks are profitable this year, doesn't mean much. check the previous years, and you'll find they were down.
    I see Brand X sports are always in the top rankings... are they any good?

tommygun
    Hareeba! for Prime Minister
    tommygun's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 638

$3500 for a whole year! hahahahaha~

chilidog

Quote Originally Posted by tommygun View Post
    $3500 for a whole year! hahahahaha~
    I fail to see what's so funny? 35 units in half a year (flat-betting 1 unit, at that) is actually very, very good.

Ironmike524
    Ironmike524's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2293

I started off getting Jack Jones free picks and guys on twitter, Jack is pretty good

Semper Fidelis

Hey chilidog, you're one that regularly uses certain labbies and chases with people, correct? Who do you use currently, or have had success with in the past?

chilidog

Quote Originally Posted by Semper Fidelis View Post
    Hey chilidog, you're one that regularly uses certain labbies and chases with people, correct? Who do you use currently, or have had success with in the past?
    I don't tail/fade any capper anymore; they seem to hang around 50%, and you can't make money with that. I like to fade the public when they're heavy on certain games.

bill52
    bill52's Avatar Become A Pro!

arthur ralph free pick is currently on a 10 game losing streak...

tommygun

I fail to see what's so funny? 35 units in half a year (flat-betting 1 unit, at that) is actually very, very good.
    let me write so you can understand.
    It costs $3500 to get all his picks for a whole year!
    laughable.

chilidog

Quote Originally Posted by tommygun View Post
    let me write so you can understand.
    It costs $3500 to get all his picks for a whole year!
    laughable.
    All of whose picks?? Follow the flow of the thread, kid. We're discussing free picks. We're not discussing paid picks. Why would you come out of nowhere and start talking about paid picks?? Of course I wouldn't understand when somebody changes the topic without warning.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

It's a scam. If I want to sell picks, I get 100 phone numbers/emails send 50 one side of a line and 50 the other, then I take the winning side and send 25 of one side of another line and 25 to another. I'm assure of going 2-0 with 25% of my pool, then I offer them a picks package. Easy money.

ChalkyDog
    Buy the ticket, take the ride.
    ChalkyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Chili!!

Very nice site there. Could be a future resource for myself.

Appreciate that!

chilidog

Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post
    It's a scam. If I want to sell picks, I get 100 phone numbers/emails send 50 one side of a line and 50 the other, then I take the winning side and send 25 of one side of another line and 25 to another. I'm assure of going 2-0 with 25% of my pool, then I offer them a picks package. Easy money.
    While it most definitely used to happen a lot, from what I've read it doesn't happen as much anymore. With the internet, it's kind of hard to do that nowadays. The reality is that handicappers are no better than we are - period. They might know more stats or trends, but big deal. It took me awhile to finally come to this conclusion, but after so much tracking, it's just inevitable. Handicappers are no better than we are. The few that are - they charge a lot of money for their service - such as RAS.

In the end, you truly have to ask yourself this question: If they're so good at capping, why are they selling their service at all? The customer service alone is a pain in the ass, not to mention all the marketing they have to do. They can easily make their money from by betting their games and not having to worry about selling their picks or dealing with marketing, chasing customers, billing issues, etc.

If a capper is good, they're going to charge a lot of money. Period. And I'm not talking about $100 a month. They're going to charge a ton of money, to make it worth their while.

Another thing that I came across after so much tracking is this: Paid picks do no better/worse than free picks. They have the same track records. You're not missing out on anything by just playing a capper's free picks. They're going to fluctuate around 50%, just the same as your own opinions.

My best opinion is this:

Pick your own games - seriously. Use a labby on them, and you'll do just fine. If you're a gambler, you're pretty much a sports fan. You watch the games, you enjoy the drama - the ups and downs. Make your own calls, and just labby your plays. It's a rollercoaster, but it's one hell of a ride, and you feel better at the end of the day. Because your opinion isn't any better (or worse) than any handicapper than charges 3 or 4 figures per month for their plays.

It literally took me years of tracking (and trying to exploiting so many various angles) to come to this conclusion. And I can only hope that this post clicks with just 1 person, and they don't waste their time going through all the same tired ole bull.shit that I went through, because it WILL lead to the same conclusion. I literally tracked everything out there. It's highly doubtful that you've come up with an angle that hasn't already been tracked before.

Don't waste your time - handicappers are 100% full of shit. Their opinions are no more valuable than their own. Use a money-management system such as a labby to give you a bit more of a rush with your gambling, because ultimately that's what we're doing anyway. Don't spend any time (and especially money) on any handicapper's plays. Touts are full of crap, and they only exist because people are chasing the easy buck. It doesn't exist.

Make your own picks! Your own opinion is gold! We're all Brandon Lang. We're all Jim Fiest, Cokin, Feiner, etc. Our opinions are the freakin same thing! We watch the games, we're passionate sports fans. Follow your instinct, make your bet, and enjoy the game. You won't find a tout that will make you money the way you want. It does not exist. Period. There are no secrets. There are no systems. Nobody has gotten rich from this. It's all for entertainment, and some good pocket change. The sooner we all figure this out, the sooner we can get back to enjoying the games.

Fukk the touts. And if you still insist on wasting your time and money on their bullshit opinions, well, you get what's coming to you.

tommygun

All of whose picks?? Follow the flow of the thread, kid. We're discussing free picks. We're not discussing paid picks. Why would you come out of nowhere and start talking about paid picks?? Of course I wouldn't understand when somebody changes the topic without warning.
    my apologies , I saw Arthur Ralph Sports mentioned so I googled the name and it came up with his site, and said you can get all his picks for one year for $3500.