Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

LKid1's College World Series Contest (Closes 2:59pm EST, 6/15)

100 Point Entry Fee

Rules:

Participants will pick the winners of each opening round match-up. (4 Games) 3 Points Awarded for each winning Selection.

Participants will pick 2 teams to make it to the Championship Series. 9 Points Awarded for each winning Selection.

Participants will Select 1 team to Win the Championship. 15 Points Awarded for the winning Selection.

Total Points will be added up after the Tournament and the top 3 Scores will be declared Winners.

1st Place (50%)
    2nd Place (30%)
    3rd Place (20%)

Tie Breaker: Total Amount of Runs Scored in the Championship Series (Potentially 3 games)

Post up here and PM me you're selections.

I'll post them sometime after 1st pitch.

Enjoy this great Championship Gentlemen

Last edited by Louisvillekid1; 06-13-13 at 05:17 PM.
    Points Awarded:

Mikeyanks23 gave Louisvillekid1 48 SBR Point(s) for this post.

RiverRaid gave Louisvillekid1 100 SBR Point(s) for this post.

darkhat gave Louisvillekid1 24 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

Bracket 1

- Mississippi State
    - (3) Oregon State
    Saturday 3 p.m. on ESPN2
    - Indiana
    - Louisville

Saturday 8 p.m. on ESPN
    Bracket 2

- (1) North Carolina
    - N.C. State

Sunday 3 p.m. on ESPN2
    - UCLA
    - (4) LSU

Sunday 8 p.m. on ESPN2

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

fukk this piece of shit site...

used to run contests and they fill up ASAP...

fukk this place , I'm done
    Points Awarded:

Mikeyanks23 gave Louisvillekid1 24 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Mikeyanks23, and darkhat

sweep
    USA! USA! USA!
    sweep's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2457

fail.......

Easy-Rider 66
    Easy-Rider 66's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3353

Quote Originally Posted by Louisvillekid1 View Post

Hopefully when football commences this place will pick up some steam. But the better days may be in the sunset for SBR.

RiverRaid
    RiverRaid's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15038

Louisvillekid i will take Indiana +160 against your Cardinals if you want some action. 100pt bet and i will send you the pts and if i win you can pay up after the game. Let me know.
    Points Awarded:

Louisvillekid1 gave RiverRaid 260 SBR Point(s) for this post.

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

You're asking for 100 points from a board full of dudes who don't even have $100 and it's college baseball. Only a handful of people are even following this on SBR. I'd be in for some private bets with some folks on here, but probably not you LK ... because I'm riding Louisville in a futures bet to win their bracket - although would not be surprised if they lose on Saturday and work it back from the loser's bracket.

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

Quote Originally Posted by RiverRaid View Post
    Louisvillekid i will take Indiana +160 against your Cardinals if you want some action. 100pt bet and i will send you the pts and if i win you can pay up after the game. Let me know.
    +160? Thought line was much lower but ok

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPhan36 View Post
    You're asking for 100 points from a board full of dudes who don't even have $100 and it's college baseball. Only a handful of people are even following this on SBR. I'd be in for some private bets with some folks on here, but probably not you LK ... because I'm riding Louisville in a futures bet to win their bracket - although would not be surprised if they lose on Saturday and work it back from the loser's bracket.
    We got a favorable bracket for sure...

EaglesPhan36

+160? Thought line was much lower but ok
    Has been +145 I think pretty much since it opened. Oregon State losing today is a nice bonus, although Mississippi State is just tricky as shit. They're like fukking magicians with the way they are winning. Defense shotty at times, pitching shaky at times, but they end up in the W column. Think this became a bigger game with OSU losing because now you've got a tough as balls lefty in Matt Boyd waiting in the loser's bracket for Oregon State. Much rather be going against Miss State's starting staff.

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

this gueye wouldnt have given two fuks if l'ville wasnt in it

for me it really isnt the same without the gamecocks in omaha....three years in a row in the championship series....i wont know what to do with myself this year

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

sorry dude, I meant to enter this. I forgot.

Mr Handicapable
    Mr Handicapable's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 174

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPhan36 View Post
    Has been +145 I think pretty much since it opened. Oregon State losing today is a nice bonus, although Mississippi State is just tricky as shit. They're like fukking magicians with the way they are winning. Defense shotty at times, pitching shaky at times, but they end up in the W column. Think this became a bigger game with OSU losing because now you've got a tough as balls lefty in Matt Boyd waiting in the loser's bracket for Oregon State. Much rather be going against Miss State's starting staff.
    Indiana grad and I totally agree although I think IU can hit anyone right now. They faced Weaver from Florida State in their 1st super regional and that kid is nasty. He went 9 up..9 down and then IU lit him up for 4 runs. The umps in Tallahassee also had a big strike zone where it seemed fairly tight in todays first game. I like their chances vs Lville....they beat them 2 of 3 this year so not sure why they're a dog. Their pitching wasn't too hot in FSU...too many walks so we'll see.

EaglesPhan36

I think the line would have been about right if Thompson had started for Louisville, he's dominant. Green is more hittable, so I think maybe Louisville around -145 or so would have been a bit more fair - but I understand the line. Louisville beat the supposed 2nd best team in the country two games in a row against Ace 1a & 1b. Vandy was thought to be the 2nd most complete team behind LSU, so beating them added some juice. I think if IU's starters had been better last weekend, we might have seen a closer line - but as you said, they did get touched up a bit.

I don't think the regular season meetings mean a ton. One was the 1st game of the year, the other two were mid-week match-ups where neither team used their top 2 starters. If anything, I think it shows that both teams might have good plans on limiting the other's offense. I went with the under myself. Also was a little bit surprised they did not start Slegers, but it also does make some sense too. Just always interesting how coaches flip their starters for some of these postseason games.

IU was a great cash cow though when they posted lines for them this season. Big Ten baseball is not an area a lot of people, including the linesmakers, know about.

EaglesPhan36

Fukk, Mike Patrick.

Mr Handicapable

Also was a little bit surprised they did not start Slegers

IU wanted to go with a lefty to stop the running game. Didn't see the stats but normally a 6'10" kid can't hold runners on very well.

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

Trying to get a W w/o Thompson...

i still love you guys, just miss the good 'ole days here...

Mr Handicapable

SORRY A$$ MF UMPIRES.....3 or 4 balls a foot outside w/2 men on and fat fk calls them strikes. PATHETIC....Indiana's kid throws a breaking ball in the zone last inning...nothing.

The CWS...best of the best and this is the best they can find? Horrible...esp cause I know Indiana won't get the moving strike zone when they're pitching