Otters27
    Otters27's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 362

Looks like draft sheet did the right thing. The players should get some sort of warning. It is similar to taking advantage of an off line in a book.

EmpireMaker
    EmpireMaker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 463

Quote Originally Posted by DS Admin View Post
    Hello All,

Sorry for the delay. We are aware of the entries with salaries totaling over $100K from last night's leagues. There was a temporary glitch that allowed users to build rosters with illegal salary totals. I would like to clarify that there was no cheating involved, there was no hacking, and this was simply an error on our part. The glitch was quickly fixed, and any entries with invalid salaries have been disqualified and their league fees will be refunded. If you have additional questions on this matter, or anything else related to DraftStreet, please feel free to email me directly at michael@draftstreet.com.
    100k is not a new limit so why would there be any change in the software on any Sunday? How does a glitch develop all of the sudden in established code?
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Kindred

Kindred
    Bitcoin=Freedom
    Kindred's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 473

Quote Originally Posted by EmpireMaker View Post
    100k is not a new limit so why would there be any change in the software on any Sunday? How does a glitch develop all of the sudden in established code?
    Exactly.

I also remember a thread on rotogrinders requesting a feature where you could download all rosters for every team in the leagues you are playing in after the league started to prevent any conspiracy theories about house players changing lineups and cheating. Draftstreet rep was against it. Think Fantasy Feud added the feature, after this I would suggest DS do the same. I doubt Draftstreet is shady or cheating and I play there, but never say never. Absolute poker/UB were raking in millions and still decided to steal from players by cheating..just sayin

LVHerbie
    LVHerbie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1965

Quote Originally Posted by EmpireMaker View Post
    Completely possible they were correcting something different and it caused a glitch somewhere else. They could have been changing stuff on the backend that wasn't even visible to the user and caused a bug...

DS Admin
    DS Admin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

The issue was that salaries for the finals are inflated due to having less players available and less roster spots. For a brief period (due to an oversight on our part) salaries were based on the regular season multiplier, making all players cheaper. During this period, two users made teams that were seemingly under $100k, but once the salaries were corrected (inflated) these rosters were already locked in as “valid” and we didn’t catch it. This was a rare situation which has been resolved and will not happen again.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Is there anything in online gambling whether is sports, poker or fantasy leagues that doesn't involve cheating?

Only thing that's safe for US posters at the moment is state lottery.
    Last edited by pavyracer; 06-14-13 at 07:04 PM.

biddy_24
    biddy_24's Avatar Become A Pro!

I just play the freerolls and / or the $1 games so I have no worries about the money!!

LordVodka
    LordVodka's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 156

Glad to see them address this quickly.

First 12