Albert Pujols
    Albert Pujols's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 80

Let's talk about Opening Weekend Movie bets

The line that I saw on The Internship is O/U 18 million for the first weekend. Grown Ups 2 I read was projected to take in 40 million the first weekend. I saw the first one, and you couldn't pay me $50 to make me sit through a re-make. So how does the Internship not go over 18 million? It probably won't be that good, but I've been waiting since 2005 Wedding Crashers to get Vince Vaughn and Owen Wilson together again. I think it looks funny, and my gut feeling is that many people will go see it just because they liked Wedding Crashers so much.

I've never made a bet like this, but thinking about taking the over. Anyone have an opinion?

DR225
    DR225's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

Not sure man but your reasoning seems sound. I'm going to lay off though, I think I have more of an edge with world series of poker matchups. BOL.

GamblerSpirit
    TheCentaur, Spankie gone fishing :(
    GamblerSpirit's Avatar Become A Pro!

i could see internship opening up at 20+ mill. good luck

Boscoe
    Boscoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 488

what book?

easyliving
    easyliving's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11

just saw that its rated PG-13. over looks good
    Last edited by easyliving; 06-03-13 at 10:16 PM.

Albert Pujols
    Albert Pujols's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 80

Quote Originally Posted by Boscoe View Post
    what book?
    It's a local using a PPH website. No idea where they got the line.

Ratpack
    Ratpack's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1789

yeah it will go over if now you see me can make 28 million in a weekend with basically b list stars the internship should make more than 18 million. I guess its gonna be interested if it will make more than the purge though i think it will since it will be in a 1000 more screens

Popcorn Trick
    Popcorn Trick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 540

1) Grown-ups 2 would be a sequel not a remake
    2) You have the power of Google behind you(kind of). Go for it!

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

Quote Originally Posted by arrobbyArrini View Post
    My wife and i ended up being really joyful that Albert managed to complete his preliminary research via the ideas he was given through your weblog. It's not at all simplistic to simply continually be making a gift of tricks that the rest could have been trying to sell. So we do understand we've got you to give thanks to for that. The entire explanations you made, the straightforward site menu, the relationships you can make it possible to instill - it's many remarkable, and it's aiding our son and us consider that the matter is cool, which is tremendously mandatory. Thank you for the whole lot! Thank you sharing these wonderful posts. In addition, an excellent travel and also medical insurance program can often eradicate those considerations that come with journeying abroad. Your medical emergency can rapidly become extremely expensive and that's guaranteed to quickly decide to put a financial stress on the family finances. Having in place the ideal travel insurance package deal prior to leaving is definitely worth the time and effort. Thanks

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

Quote Originally Posted by Albert Pujols View Post
    The line that I saw on The Internship is O/U 18 million for the first weekend. Grown Ups 2 I read was projected to take in 40 million the first weekend. I saw the first one, and you couldn't pay me $50 to make me sit through a re-make. So how does the Internship not go over 18 million? It probably won't be that good, but I've been waiting since 2005 Wedding Crashers to get Vince Vaughn and Owen Wilson together again. I think it looks funny, and my gut feeling is that many people will go see it just because they liked Wedding Crashers so much.

I've never made a bet like this, but thinking about taking the over. Anyone have an opinion?
    opening weekend = $18.1 million

http://insidemovies.ew.com/2013/06/0...ort-the-purge/

the machine = sharp as a fukkin addict's needle

unreal

HauntingTheHoly
    HauntingTheHoly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 483

This was a great/fun thread, more like this.

SamDiamond
    SamDiamond's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

You guys want Box Office projections/predictions....

Try this guy out at Box Office Mojo.

He completely nailed this past weekend, even predicting The Purge's #1 for the weekend.

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/news/?id=3690&p=.htm

As for his call on The Internship.. "Fox is expecting an opening in the mid-teen millions". Pretty damn close.