WinningIsKeY
    WinningIsKeY's Avatar Become A Pro!

Conspiracy Theory ( I know SBR loves these)

Too often lately I have read the " Stern wants Heat in Finals. Better ratings and more $$ for the league. He won't leave without having Heat/Spurs Finals" All of this makes since in theory. On the flip side, if it IS about $$ than how about this for a possibility. Besides the fact Indiana are playing better team ball, owning the boards + paint, and Miami struggling to get their role players going, What IF( where conspiracy theory comes in) Stern has a billion dollars say, So much stock has been bought all season, playoffs (series bets, championship bets) on the Heat. Heat losing would make a losing ticket out of SO many bets with incredible amounts of juice. Someone would make serious coin. Also IF i was a billionaire who knew the outcome of something before it happened, I could spread my money(millions)out to some business associates and get + money of every dollar. (Spurs or Pacers winning it all) Tonight they could triple their money at +300 or more. 400 million invested could yield a billion in profit. All i'm saying is their is two sides to everything. Maybe NBA is a true parody, but anything is possible. Haven't laid any money on this game, but leaning Indiana . Every team has a chance especially with a 7"4 center who reminds me of Shaq in early days in some ways because he gets ANY shot he wants. Rebounds and points in the paint are story tonight.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2368

at this point the real conspiracy is to claim that everything is on the up and up.

I hear what you are saying about Stern possibly making a bunch of $ on this.

but its alot of work and risk were he to ever dream of doing that. The guy is an egotist and would worry way more about his reputation and legacy than he would in adding some more money that wouldn't really change his lifestyle.

Double Bogey
    Double Bogey's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1472

you should stop thinking, you're not very good at it. You think stern is gambling money against the heat? Why do most gamblers think that everyone thinks like a gambler?

WinningIsKeY

Quote Originally Posted by Double Bogey View Post
    you should stop thinking, you're not very good at it. You think stern is gambling money against the heat? Why do most gamblers think that everyone thinks like a gambler?
    You must not understand the definition of theory. I have a bachelor's degree in Accounting, and can think very well. Thanks for the useless input on the topic.

raydog
    raydog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 113

the notion that stern controls any 1 game, much less an entire series, brings me to uncontrollable laughter... sure, games look rigged when they are called closer and ticky tacky fouls are called or obvious calls are missed, but there isnt much you can do if the shots keep falling...
    Points Awarded:

Mikeyanks23 gave raydog 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2368

we need Loshak to interview Tim Donaghy on this

raydog
    raydog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 113

donaghy is hilarious on facebook and twitter... just like a degen gambler when one of his tout picks bombs... refs this, refs that...its entertaining if you can handle the stupidity

Jikos
    Jikos's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1114

SHUT THE penetrate UP

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR

i don't believe the games are rigged but i know back in the 80's...

jackpot269
    jackpot269's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8365

Quote Originally Posted by Ghenghis Kahn View Post
    What ain't no country I ever heard of!!!!!!!!!!!!!

coop
    coop's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 127

lol you think David Stern has 1 billion dollars worth of futures on the Heat?

k4cowboys4k
    k4cowboys4k's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

Quote Originally Posted by WinningIsKeY View Post
    You must not understand the definition of theory. I have a bachelor's degree in Accounting, and can think very well. Thanks for the useless input on the topic.
    A degree in accounting isn't exactly something to brag about. Plus you lost all credibility comparing Roy Hibbert to Shaq.

WinningIsKeY

I was explaining that I in fact, can think very well buddy. Having many hobbies is the key for me. Betting is one due to the fact I love numbers, and having action on games.

Besides size, (exact same heights and close in weight) rebound ability, and control of the paint there's not much that is the same between them. no matter the antics, he is still a great center in the making and they always have a first year where they shine.

chargers4222
    chargers4222's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8926

Your community college education is quite daunting but I am forced to give a quick reply. Anyone who feels the need to brag about their Accounting degree is really the lowest form of scumbag. Also, clearly you do not know the definition of "theory". Technically, you meant "hypothesis".

A theory is a well-established principle that has been developed to explain some aspect of the natural world. A theory arises from repeated observation and testing and incorporates facts, laws, predictions, and tested hypotheses that are widely accepted.

A hypothesis is a specific, testable prediction about what you expect to happen in your study. For example, an experiment designed to look at the relationship between study habits and test anxiety might have a hypothesis that states, "We predict that students with better study habits will suffer less test anxiety." Unless your study is exploratory in nature, your hypothesis should always explain what you expect to happen during the course of your experiment or research.

chargers4222

Unless, of course, you have developed 3 or more professional sports leagues specifically for the purpose of this grandiose scheme and idea you seem to be so fond of, then proceeding to assign a favorite to each league, bet the opposite of them and fix the game for them to lose.

Robber
    Robber's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 92737

He has as many real degrees as ttwarrior

chargers4222

Oh, also, I am not sure who you were referring to as the 7'4" Baby Shaq. The tallest player on the floor in this series is Roy Hibbert, who is 7'2". Did Zydrunas Ilgauskas get picked up by the Heat and start wearing 1-inch heightened insoles?? It'd be a good add.

Monitor-Tan
    Tony Romo of Daily Fantasy
    Monitor-Tan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 428

Quote Originally Posted by raydog View Post
    the notion that stern controls any 1 game, much less an entire series, brings me to uncontrollable laughter... sure, games look rigged when they are called closer and ticky tacky fouls are called or obvious calls are missed, but there isnt much you can do if the shots keep falling...
    That's not quite true with the NBA, you can call fouls to get that guy in foul trouble, and give the other team more free throws but what you say is true as well games looking rigged when those things happen.

chargers4222

Quote Originally Posted by raydog View Post
    Uncontrollable laughter? Really? You just vomit and bleed out of your ears from the incessant hilarity that results from the concept of a man who basically owns a multi-billion dollar business wishing to make as much money as possible and protect his assets?

How old are you? Were you socially conscious in 2002? "HA YA MAN LMAO I AM 34 I WAS BANGIN SLUTS NIGHTLY IN 2002". That is what I assume your response to that to be. For all intents and purposes, I will assume you were a child during Game 6 of the Lakers/Kings series. I want you to Youtube search that game, watch the montage of fouls and reevaluate your uncontrollable laughter. Then, post back and let me know what you think.

WinningIsKeY

missing the keyword conspiracy that came before it. thank you for your educational work my friend.Hibbert`s shine has only begun.

BennyBigNuts
    BennyBigNuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1078

Quote Originally Posted by Double Bogey View Post
    Because everyone is a crooked, shady fukkk you dumbass.

Just like degenerate sports betting scumbags. Same thing.

Everyone in this world is shady, except politicians of course.

WinningIsKeY

I actually don't work a job that I need my degree for. I did it for my own to help me establish myself as an enterprise. Own small landscaping company, and get paid for odd jobs(including scrapping metals my favorite, doing well) . whatever the definition of scum is I am NOT. why must one attack another over there own opinion. Oh yeah it's nature.

Soxsfan9
    Update your status
    Soxsfan9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 91

Can not control the outcome but when Hibbert has 2-3 fouls 2 minutes into the 2nd quarter and at least 4/5 at the end of 3 it will be pretty obvious Stern wanted the Heat in the finals.
    If that does not happen watch for the FT to favour the heat by atleast 10

odog11
    It aint easy being greasy.
    odog11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3197

Quote Originally Posted by chargers4222 View Post
    Anyone who feels the need to brag about their Accounting degree is really the lowest form of scumbag.

Mr Handicapable
    Mr Handicapable's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 174

Quote Originally Posted by Soxsfan9 View Post
    Can not control the outcome but when Hibbert has 2-3 fouls 2 minutes into the 2nd quarter and at least 4/5 at the end of 3 it will be pretty obvious Stern wanted the Heat in the finals.
    If that does not happen watch for the FT to favour the heat by atleast 10

Hibbert has been great about going straight up every series but we'll see? 95% of sbr believes in conspiracy anyway. That ball off LJs knee in gm5 prob affected the spread when they gave it back to Miami but I don't believe in that stuff overall....just $hitty arrogant refs. I remember Indy/Lakers final in 2000 or Indy/Chicago ECF in 98....both closeout games seemed to have weak fouls called against Indy and we have a small market chip on our shoulder anyway. Looking back though....free throws were about even in both games.

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR

let's be honest, crucial plays are controlled by the refs.

in game 6, that offensive foul called on lebron resulting in two technicals won't go indy's way tonight.

watch the replay, hibbert's arms weren't straight up.

this play just killed miami's chances that game.

tonight's calls will go in favor of miami...

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status
    R.P. McMurphy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

Soon as you understand the concept of sports being a big business now more than ever. And many people having influence on this business from both sides of the fence. Then the thought of conspiracy and corruption at times is not that far fetched. Donaghey was caught but if you believe he is the only ref, official, umpire, that can dictate or manipulate outcomes at times then I have some swamp land I would love to sell you. And it does not take much or have to be blantant at times b.t.w. A simple call or 2 at crucial moments can have a big impact or swing momentum these guys know what they are doing.
    Last edited by R.P. McMurphy; 06-03-13 at 12:54 PM.

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Ghenghis Kahn View Post

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

they can't completely fix it, but they can help the heat a lot if they feel like it

-random offensive fouls for screens on the pacers when they feel like it

-fouls when pacers grab the rebounds

-no 'and ones' for hibbert or pacers

-allow heat to travel and set illegal screens, give them plenty of 'and ones' and free throws

chargers4222

I actually don't work a job that I need my degree for. I did it for my own to help me establish myself as an enterprise. Own small landscaping company, and get paid for odd jobs(including scrapping metals my favorite, doing well) . whatever the definition of scum is I am NOT. why must one attack another over there own opinion. Oh yeah it's nature.
    Never learned the there/their/they're tense rules during your illustrious college tenure? You just tried to say Roy Hibbert was 7'4".

WinningIsKeY

I gave him two inches no homo. Lol im not trying to act like the smartest human being this is a sports forum we are here to help each other with sports picks in discussion once in awhile.
    Last edited by WinningIsKeY; 06-03-13 at 01:35 PM.

chargers4222

I gave him two inches no homo. Lol im not trying to act like the smartest human being this is a sports form we are here to help each other with sports picks in discussion once in awhile.
    Alright I will end my trolling because that was a good line. Heat in a rout tonight though. Stern makes a lot more with the Heat in the Finals than he ever would with bets against them.

Robber
    Robber's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 92737

Heat

spargament
    KHABIB
    spargament's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 367

Leaning spurs if not only for the offseason buzz surrounding the future of the Heat roster with a loss. With a chance for 'the Decision 2' sooner than later there's incentive on multiple fronts for San Antonio