BennyBigNuts
    BennyBigNuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1078

How do they call this Yanks/Redsox game so fast Sunday night?

Let me get this straight.

We wait 4+ hours for a Cardinals-Royals game where it's a worthless game for a 100 loss team.

Tonight, we wait under 2 hours for the Yanks-Redsox game to be called, where this game could mean their whole season by the end of the year, who knows?

I don't understand how they do that. Just seems like way too big of a game between 2 contenders to not wait a little longer.
    I understand it's been raining hard here at Yankees stadium, field looks bad.

I am biased, I have no action here. Still just sour about the royals-Cards game lol.

Just curious how such drastic differences in waits.

EmpireMaker
    EmpireMaker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 525

I agree with you, I really think bookies/Vegas etc... stood to make a lot of money with Royals winning and it affected the decision.

EmpireMaker

both home teams were behind at the time too

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

they do whatever they feel like, no rhyme or reason. when i had a big bet on cardinals TT they stubbornly waited until 4 in the morning and insisted on playing

BennyBigNuts

Quote Originally Posted by face View Post
    they do whatever they feel like, no rhyme or reason. when i had a big bet on cardinals TT they stubbornly waited until 4 in the morning and insisted on playing

Someone doesn't read.

face

i read your post.

no rhyme or reason, they do whatever they feel like. kansas city royals not really in contention, so who cares? well, MLB for some reason. and your point about the division race makes sense, but MLB doesn't care for some reason, maybe TV who knows.

BennyBigNuts

Quote Originally Posted by face View Post
    i read your post.

no rhyme or reason, they do whatever they feel like. kansas city royals not really in contention, so who cares? well, MLB for some reason. and your point about the division race makes sense, hence no rhyme or reason.
    Lol ok. I was talking about the game you mentioned.

ChalkyDog
    Buy the ticket, take the ride.
    ChalkyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Science of the weather is most likely the reason.

LVHerbie
    LVHerbie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1973

Quote Originally Posted by ChalkyDog View Post
    Yea, really doesn't seem that complicated... They held on in the St. Louis game because it was likely the weather was going to clear up enough to play the game while in this case the weather was forecasted to get worse and unlikely to clear out.

amolg24
    amolg24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3317

Since this was the two teams last meeting they would have to restart from the beginning of an inning and obviously since it was the LAST inning they made an exception which I really don't see a problem with since we can't really prove that the money was the reason and the fact that it is a logical explanation. The Yankee game was in the sixth inning and its Yankees vs. Red Sox who meet a lot during the season. This probably isn't the last rain out for Yankees vs. RedSox

Yeah im still pissed about the cards game though...bs

BennyBigNuts

Quote Originally Posted by ChalkyDog View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by LVHerbie View Post

Yea, really doesn't seem that complicated... They held on in the St. Louis game because it was likely the weather was going to clear up enough to play the game while in this case the weather was forecasted to get worse and unlikely to clear out.

Wasn't even raining 10 minutes after they postponed the Yanks game.

sweep
    USA! USA! USA!
    sweep's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2457

Quote Originally Posted by BennyBigNuts View Post
    Wasn't even raining 10 minutes after they postponed the Yanks game.
    Weather men/whores=only job where one can be right only 50% of the time and not be shown the fukkin door.

Gotta deal with these pencil neck fukks all year long here on the East Coast. They call for snow, we get sun with a few fukkin clouds...they call for sun with a few clouds, we get 8 inches of the white stuff. Fukkin joke.

Easy-Rider 66
    Easy-Rider 66's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3353

Interesting.
    Last edited by Easy-Rider 66; 06-03-13 at 09:42 AM.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

very logical why they continued to wait the kc/stl gm out, because of how it went and the fact cards and kc didnt play again this season if they washed that gm out it would have reverted to a 2-1 cards win as they would have to go back to the end of home teams last inning, while it doesnt really matter for the shitbag royals it would have been incredibly unfair for cin/pit/any other nl team in the playoff hunt for stl to get a win in a gm they were losing. if kc/stl had more gms to play this season they would have just waited and finished from that spot but since that wasnt a option they really had to o everything they could to play that gm in fairness to the rest of the league..

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Waiting for the TB/Cle game the other night was a joke.

I don't understand why MLB can't look at the radar before the game and call a game before it begins if they know they won't make it to 5 innings. MLB has so many games called 1,2,3 innings in when they could just look at the radar and weather forecast a few minutes before the game and save everybody the trouble.

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32303

To all you conspiracy kooks out there.
    There was dangerous sky to ground lightening going on, not to mention, the radar showed there was another 4 to 6 hours of rain behind the current rain.

It's still raining here in the NYC area.

Mikeyanks23
    Welcome to Darkhat Nation
    Mikeyanks23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2046

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    There was dangerous sky to ground lightening going on, not to mention, the radar showed there was another 4 to 6 hours of rain behind the current rain.

this

Mr. Green
    Mr. Green's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4048

IT'S A CONSPIRACY!!!

Or it's a matter of rules.

http://www.craveonline.com/sports/ar...lay-at-300-a-m

ronniejamedio
    ronniejamedio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2250

It is because if the game was called they would of had to give St. Louis the win. The league has been taking a lot of shit over bad calls and decisions, so clearly they didnt want to end this game with cards winning when royals had a 4-2 lead. The rule in this case makes the league look ridiculous again. In the boston game, sox had the lead for 3 innings. So calling the game according to the rules was no big deal. And the rain didnt look like it was going anywhere so it was an easy call.

EmpireMaker

The St Louis game was suspicious not the Yankee game

face

that was the point about the St. Louis game, the waited

Mike Huntertz
    Mike Huntertz's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 22592

Field would be a mess at 0300

Ratzz
    Ratzz's Avatar Become A Pro!

they called the game after lighting struck almost immediately overhead/can you imagine the trouble if they did not call the game, and an accident/injury occurred as a result of pushing it?Bucholz was pitching, and the Yanks were not doing very much... likely same finish

PharaohUB
    PharaohUB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11494

I live about a mile from the stadium. It rained like cats and dogs until about noon today. Are you suggesting they should have had a 12 hour rain delay and resumed at noon?