t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

Greek never moved off 7

Collected juice all day with -115 odds on Miami.

SportsMushroom
    SportsMushroom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6839

lines barely moved in most books, plus greek is just like that, they move the line way less than other books and sometimes not at all, that is a sign of a not so sharp book so i wouldnt put too much stock in their line moves

people loosing money by trying to assign meaning to lines moves, yes I know that you won money on this game that is irrelevant

yes some line moves have specific meaning, but 99% of the time that meaning is that people are betting on the game, the rest of the time you cant really know what the line move means because you dont really know why the trader has moved the line

for example in this case you say the greek was hanging -7 -115 to collect juice because they knew pacers were gonna win, another person could argue that they were juicing miami, leaving an enticing price at a bad number for pacers backers because they thought miami was going to win

it doesnt make sense, according to most sources, pacers spread was the public play, so greek buried themselves by offering a good price to all those pacers backers and lost their shirt, although that would support my point that the greek is not a sharp book
    Last edited by SportsMushroom; 05-25-13 at 04:27 AM.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: fitguy67

JayLA
    On to the next one...
    JayLA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1219

Quote Originally Posted by SportsMushroom View Post
    lines barely moved in most books, plus greek is just like that, they move the line way less than other books and sometimes not at all, that is a sign of a not so sharp book so i wouldnt put too much stock in their line moves

people loosing money by trying to assign meaning to lines moves, yes I know that you won money on this game that is irrelevant

yes some line moves have specific meaning, but 99% of the time that meaning is that people are betting on the game, the rest of the time you cant really know what the line move means because you dont really know why the trader has moved the line
    can't win bets based on public "numbers" or line movement?

you're 100% correct.

SportsMushroom
    SportsMushroom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6839

Quote Originally Posted by JayLA View Post
    can't win bets based on public "numbers" or line movement?
    you're 100% correct.

you see, this guy agrees with me, he knows what im talking bout
    Last edited by SportsMushroom; 05-25-13 at 04:49 AM.