DiggityDaggityDo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30698

Does SBROdds have a delay?

Or is it live?

fitguy67
    blessed be the cheesemakers
    fitguy67's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3358

D3, i use this hub A LOT, and can tell u by my reckoning it's fairly up to the second ONCE REFRESHED... BUT...you have to refresh the damn page yourself manually (control-F5 works if ur mouse-clik finger is dying from hunting for and zapping the little circle on the browser)

my only other complaint about this great facility is that Bwin and 888 have not been fuinctioning for months and months...they are the only 2 books worth a damn that are "perma-grey" (WillHill used to be offline a lot before...but after I live-chatted about it a few times it's been fine...any chance of doing the same magic for Bwin and 888 as well?)

also if u use it for tennis, on the game-spread...the sbobet entry is always mistakenly the SET-spread (not GAME-spread)...so it's always +1.5/-1.5 sets...could that be sorted out as well?

most important thing is it needs to AUTO-REFRESH...
    Last edited by fitguy67; 05-21-13 at 11:58 AM.
    Points Awarded:

SBR Odds gave fitguy67 18 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: DiggityDaggityDo

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

Theres a delay but what do you expect for free service

Better than nothing

Vegas39
    Vegas39's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 214

Quote Originally Posted by DiggityDaggityDo View Post
    Or is it live?

Should be real time if feeds working properly

DiggityDaggityDo
    DiggityDaggityDo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30698

I ask a simple question and 3 of my favorite posters come to my aid.

fitguy67

Quote Originally Posted by DiggityDaggityDo View Post
    I ask a simple question and 3 of my favorite posters come to my aid.

"I always rely on the kindness of strangers..."

final line of the the classic play/movie "A Streetcar Named Desire"...
    (said by Blanche Dubois--as she's being wrapped in a straight-jacked and carried away by the men from the "funny farm")

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

Quote Originally Posted by fitguy67 View Post
    D3, i use this hub A LOT, and can tell u by my reckoning it's fairly up to the second ONCE REFRESHED... BUT...you have to refresh the damn page yourself manually (control-F5 works if ur mouse-clik finger is dying from hunting for and zapping the little circle on the browser)

my only other complaint about this great facility is that Bwin and 888 have not been fuinctioning for months and months...they are the only 2 books worth a damn that are "perma-grey" (WillHill used to be offline a lot before...but after I live-chatted about it a few times it's been fine...any chance of doing the same magic for Bwin and 888 as well?)

also if u use it for tennis, on the game-spread...the sbobet entry is always mistakenly the SET-spread (not GAME-spread)...so it's always +1.5/-1.5 sets...could that be sorted out as well?

It's been passed on to the techs, darling. Not sure if they can do much to fix it or if it's a feed issue but I promise you they've seen your post. GL with your bets today!

SBR Forum
    SBR Forum's Avatar Administrator
    Betpoints: 993431

Fitguy,

Thanks for your feedback.

Auto-refresh functions normally. There is no need to manually refresh the page to observe odds changes. It sounds like your browser is in need of a cache reset.

Disabled books on the grid indicate feed issues. Rest assured there's a team of developers and programmers working to restore the book(s) in question but often times there are external factors at play which are out of their control - for example, a book might change something in their feeds.

fitguy67

Quote Originally Posted by shari91 View Post
    It's been passed on to the techs, darling. Not sure if they can do much to fix it or if it's a feed issue but I promise you they've seen your post. GL with your bets today!
    Considering the price we pay for the service...SBR Live-Odds is a an auto-entry in my daily Oprah-inspired "Gratitude Journal"...when it starts auto-refreshing, great...but till then Ctrl-F5 works just fine

I'm sure you've noticed that SBObet tennis glitch before...but I doubt that this particular book's tennis odds, spread or otherwise, compete seriously with Pinny, Matchy, or even Dimey...so i mentioned it more as a curiosity rather than a real "issue"

...nice to know Big Brother/Sister is watching when wee folk like us are posting

fitguy67

Quote Originally Posted by shari91 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SBR Forum View Post
    Fitguy,

Thanks for your feedback.

Auto-refresh functions normally. There is no need to manually refresh the page to observe odds changes. It sounds like your browser is in need of a cache reset.

Disabled books on the grid indicate feed issues. Rest assured there's a team of developers and programmers working to restore the book(s) in question but often times there are external factors at play which are out of their control - for example, a book might change something in their feeds.
    Damn...I'm not an agnostic anymore...
    Last edited by fitguy67; 05-21-13 at 01:22 PM.

SBROdds
    SBROdds's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3340

In regards to sbobet's tennis lines, that -1.5 line is the only handicap line they offer for tennis, so that is the one we put on the site, yeah it doesn't really follow suit with the market but that's their offering.

About 888 we had issues with their live lines being imported for regular events, but we will implement a fix now and will be running tests with it tonight, if all goes well, it could be back for tomorrow.

Bwin made changes to their feed distribution system and we have not been able to get a proper feed but we will push forward with them and reenable them as soon as possible.

And the auto refresh problem, as my teammates said before, it probably is related to your local cache, try using a different browser and disabling any add-ons that could be affecting, also some more details would be helpful, like on what specific pages are you seeing the behavior (today's page, soccer, tennis, all of them, etc), what browser/version of browser are you using, do you have any ad or script blocking add-ons installed, etc.

Again, thanks for your feedback and we will work to have those disabled books back as soon as possible.

JoeyBagels
    JoeyBagels's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4500

From experience Sports Interaction and William Hill have line delays. Pinnacle/BM are pretty good but 5dimes has a delay but not as bad as the first two books mentioned. FWIW I don't have to refresh my browser to update lines. Sometimes it gets lagged when I'm running something else in Java though and I will have to refresh it but that's on my end.

raydog
    raydog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 113

its the best free service out there...things might have changed, but pretty sure sbr has told us many times that it runs off the sportoptions lagged feed and that some of the books not on the feed will run close to real time...great for recreational players...

JoeyBagels
    JoeyBagels's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4500

I have noticed that auto-refresh does not work sometimes when a game starts and the odds change to display the score. Sometimes the games that have started are hung-up and the scores aren't displayed unless you refresh manually. NYK/BAL tonight for example wasn't updating.