nvrlose37
    nvrlose37's Avatar Become A Pro!

Pacers v Grizzlies

Any interesting hedge ideas here? I know it's gonna be a b1tch for the Pacers to get this done obviously.

Seto
    Jose Mourinho: simply the best
    Seto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2560

tough one. the only hedge i can really think of is betting heat series at something like -1000

850/85, you win $90 if Pacers win and $80 if Heat win. but then obviously if spurs beat grizzlies and pacers beat the heat you're fukked.

i mean otherwise you can do parlays for the other 3

Heat series/Grizz series
    Heat series/Spurs series
    Pacers series/Spurs series

And guarantee some profit...

but my advice would be - it's only 5 bucks. let it ride. but it's probably dead money as i don't see anyway pacers beat the heat

Lilfotoman
    Lilfotoman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 568

Let it ride bro. Pacers have a good chance to beat Heat, esp if Wade is hurt.

trevor123698
    trevor123698's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 467

there is no such thing as hedging

parlayin
    parlayin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2037

Screw hedging. If youre too scared to let your bet ride and want to just give away all the value you locked up, dont gamble. If you dont think the heat or spurs at the current lines have value, dont do it. Each bet is a separate and independent value proposition. Different story if its a large chunk of your roll and you want to reduce your variance but its $5 for christ's sake. I have the same play and didnt think twice about hedging. If i lose, i lose.

Seto
    Jose Mourinho: simply the best
    Seto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2560

Quote Originally Posted by parlayin View Post
    Screw hedging. If youre too scared to let your bet ride and want to just give away all the value you locked up, dont gamble. If you dont think the heat or spurs at the current lines have value, dont do it. Each bet is a separate and independent value proposition. Different story if its a large chunk of your roll and you want to reduce your variance but its $5 for christ's sake. I have the same play and didnt think twice about hedging. If i lose, i lose.
    This.

Let's put it this way - I wouldn't have made this bet in the first place but I don't think I'd hedge it either. Even if I do think Heat series is basically as close to a lock as can be I wouldn't bet it at -1000 or some shit. I probably should "theoretically" though.

Itsamazing777
    Not interested....
    Itsamazing777's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3610

I'd of put 40 on it

GoBlue77
    GoBlue77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19052

its 5 bucks. let it riiiiiiiiide. not that i hope people get injured but thats your only hope in pacers series, if lebron goes down some how

nvrlose37
    nvrlose37's Avatar Become A Pro!

Yea for five bucks its really not worth it. Im not worried about the Griz here and for the options on the Heat, its just not worth it.

Just need Lebron to flop the series away to a really good defense.

You mad bro
    You mad bro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: -23

Quote Originally Posted by parlayin View Post
    Moron right here ... Hedging is key to making a guarantee profit .. What do you know anyway

Rolo1984
    Rolo1984's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by You mad bro View Post
    Moron right here ... Hedging is key to making a guarantee profit .. What do you know anyway
    No he is not. He is spot on. You dont hedge because you can bank a profit. You hedge because you think the current odds are right on the money and you like to reduce variance. If you still think the odds are set wrong you dont hedge out. Unless you think the value is on the other side.

You mad bro
    You mad bro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: -23

Quote Originally Posted by Rolo1984 View Post
    No he is not. He is spot on. You dont hedge because you can bank a profit. You hedge because you think the current odds are right on the money and you like to reduce variance. If you still think the odds are set wrong you dont hedge out. Unless you think the value is on the other side.
    dude .. if this was a 100 dollar bet to win 18800 you would all say hedge .. but since its a 5 dollar bet its not worth it .. something like this is hard to hedge cuz of the miami heat series price but the other side is only spurs at like -130 to -150 i saw .. which isnt bad ..

ive hedged multiple times on 100 dollar future bets at +2500 odds and greater and made a decent amount by hedging .. ive always guaranteed my profit from it so why stop ..