secret007
    secret007's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 332

Was considering Spurs series bet when they were -120, now they are -142 ( pinnacle )

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

I don't understand this bet vyom.

If you like the Grizz to win the series, why not take them in Game 1 at a better price and just be done with it instead of waiting the whole thing out?

Otherwise, hammer the series price before Game 2, again at a much better number.

YouHave2outs
    YouHave2outs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 198

Is thinking there is more value in +115 series price than +170 in game 1 that unfathomable?

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by YouHave2outs View Post
    Is thinking there is more value in +115 series price than +170 in game 1 that unfathomable?
    Either bet +170 Game 1 or take the series price for a much better number after Game 1. Not that complicated.

vyomguy
    vyomguy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 234

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    Either bet +170 Game 1 or take the series price for a much better number after Game 1. Not that complicated.
    You are risking 3 units in total versus 1 unit.

Thats the difference.

ROYAJA8
    ROYAJA8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 257

You guys are donating money to the books. Spurs will win by double digits today an take the series in 5 or 6. Very low bad odd for you guys.

raydog
    raydog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 113

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    http://espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2011...rizzlies-spurs

i dont see how the spurs are any better than they were in that series. mem is better though. hollins is a good coach. i know you are from the city and follow closely but if mem loses it wont be because of hollins.
    i dont have the heart to pile on and wont since game 1 is over ... they arent winning a game in san antonio and they arent the better team...they arent better at any matchup except maybe zbo...how you can think otherwise is completely clueless ... he knows he got a bad price at 115 and shouldnt have gotten worse than 125...but its impossible to predict every line move correctly... pop putting on a coaching clinic and spurs shoot lights out while playing good D... like i said many times before, hollins has no clue how to make adjustments and puts his guys in awful match ups..he is a very basic plain jane coach who gets a ton of effort out of his players... good luck the rest of the way

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7696

Raydog the spurs had to win game 1. The line said it all. They will wear down as the series goes on so it was important for them to get this w.

Gonz312
    Keep It Simple Stupid
    Gonz312's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8466

Raydog the spurs had to win game 1. The line said it all. They will wear down as the series goes on so it was important for them to get this w.
    If this was like the GS series where they played every other day I might agree with you but after tuesday, they don't play again until saturday. Hard to wear down with that much rest between games especially with guys who can use the rest because of nagging injuries.

raydog

they are better at 4 of 5 starting positions and have the better shooting bench and by far the better coach...the line is the same for game 2 and grizz wont win either...grizz dont run or score like gsw and they get more off days, so this fatigue you expect the spurs to have isnt going to be anywhere near what you have in mind ...if you cant understand that, then go dump more money on the grizz now and after they lose game 2... im just trying to point out the obvious homey...

like you said, its hometown for me, so of course it beats me up a little to see the harsh reality ... i wish everyone the best of luck and hope we can all find ways to win

dmncnlou
    dmncnlou's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9993

Like I said before. The Spurs will beat the Heat. If the Mavs can beat em you know damn well the Spurs will.

CrimsonTideFan
    CrimsonTideFan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 744

Quote Originally Posted by dmncnlou View Post
    Like I said before. The Spurs will beat the Heat. If the Mavs can beat em you know damn well the Spurs will.
    Yeah, keep thinking this is the same Miami from 2011. Mavs beat them so the Spurs will lol.

LowRollin
    LowRollin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 378

don't have any bets on this series, but I didn't see that beatdown coming

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

Had you waited you couldve got a better number
    Rookie

raydog

if memphis doesnt look any better in game 2, there is no reason to bother getting any series money invested on them... if they make it a game, expect more money to come in on them...

lakerboy

Quote Originally Posted by raydog View Post
    they are better at 4 of 5 starting positions and have the better shooting bench and by far the better coach...the line is the same for game 2 and grizz wont win either...grizz dont run or score like gsw and they get more off days, so this fatigue you expect the spurs to have isnt going to be anywhere near what you have in mind ...if you cant understand that, then go dump more money on the grizz now and after they lose game 2... im just trying to point out the obvious homey...

like you said, its hometown for me, so of course it beats me up a little to see the harsh reality ... i wish everyone the best of luck and hope we can all find ways to win

The most important point you made was the line is the same for game 2. That means mem wins game 2 or will cover for sure.

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6892

Quote Originally Posted by ThaTopMoron View Post
    agreed... tho I would rather see the Spurs finally lose a Finals to tarnish that perfect 4-0 Duncan... and then again, if Spurs would win... that means LeBron is 1 out of 4 in the Finals

Hoping the Spurs prove us wrong
    Good job Spurs so far... plus nailed an in-game live bet and was done with game 1 at halftime

raydog

The most important point you made was the line is the same for game 2. That means mem wins game 2 or will cover for sure.
    it opened a half pt. higher and will close at least a half pt. higher... holy shit you really dont have a clue if you think that one game warrants much of line swing... im trying to help save you money, but if you want to keep chasing loses and coming up with ridiculously bad analogies, i cant stop you... hollins coaching wont allow them to win a close game against the spurs, but a backdoor is always possible... good luck

lakerboy

Raydog settle down. You were so busy last year explaining to me how I took a bad play on okc +157 to beat the spurs, we all know how that turned out. Settle down. The spurs will lose this series.

texhooper
    texhooper's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7858

can't wait on the line in game 2 to come out. it's a clear bet on memphis + the points situation, or even memphie straight up. the spurs were essentially running the score up on the grizz there in the 4th with all those threes. this is the conference playoffs man. that shit ain't gonna happen again!

texhooper

Raydog settle down. You were so busy last year explaining to me how I took a bad play on okc +157 to beat the spurs, we all know how that turned out. Settle down. The spurs will lose this series.
    true words.

lakerboy

Grizzlies +5 game 2 is easy cash.

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

Grizzlies +5 game 2 is easy cash.
    Yes but are you really surprised the line didn't go up? This is common.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

What did you expect it to be? -7?

texhooper

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    What did you expect it to be? -7?
    i was looking at 5dimes reduced lines when i said i couldn't wait for the line to come out. i didn't realize it was already out. i was not going to be surprised if it was -6 honestly. but i'm not surprised that it's 5. after today's domination there's no real reason for it to be less than -7 honestly, but that never happens. obviously the grizz will make adjustments despite what a couple of idiots around here say.

You mad bro
    You mad bro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: -23

lakerboy likes memphis = spurs win

secret007
    secret007's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 332

I might be the minority here, but even before game 1, I really like Spurs . Every single one on SBR will be on Memphis+5 for game 2, interesting to see how it's unfold.

TheMetsSuck
    TheMetsSuck's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1482

Agreed. I leaned grizzlies to win the series before watching this game. Now I think I would bet the spurs if the line were right.

amrit
    amrit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1613

This is at +200 now for those who are interested..

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by texhooper View Post
    i was looking at 5dimes reduced lines when i said i couldn't wait for the line to come out. i didn't realize it was already out. i was not going to be surprised if it was -6 honestly. but i'm not surprised that it's 5. after today's domination there's no real reason for it to be less than -7 honestly, but that never happens. obviously the grizz will make adjustments despite what a couple of idiots around here say.

Exactly. I don't see how the books are tipping their hand by making Memphis +5 for Game 2, given they opened at +4 for Game 1. This is par for the course.

raydog

Quote Originally Posted by texhooper View Post
    can't wait on the line in game 2 to come out. it's a clear bet on memphis + the points situation, or even memphie straight up. the spurs were essentially running the score up on the grizz there in the 4th with all those threes. this is the conference playoffs man. that shit ain't gonna happen again!
    jaysus texhooper game 2 line was out 5 minutes after game 1 ended...pay attention kid... it opened 1/2 pt. higher than game 1... try to pay attention to others posts... it is 5.5 now... you guys dont have much of a clue if you think game 2 opening hoops lines are moved much at all based on 1 game results (unless of injury)... game 1 results are simply put into the model... you guys look silly thinking the line should have opened 2-3 pts higher based on the last games results

lakeshow, i vaguely remember telling you that it wasnt so bad that you liked okc so much, its that your were betting a shit line that didnt have true value... which you do all the time because you think your "gut" tells you where value is and you dont have a clue about it ... just like +115 series before game 1 here didnt hold any true value when vyomguy bet it... i wont give you shit about picking a side as long as there is a valid reason for it... your "gut" isnt a valid reason for betting a weak price and thats why you and so many others will never be successful... ive only tried to help. again, goodluck
    Last edited by raydog; 05-20-13 at 12:50 PM.

GoBlue77
    GoBlue77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19052

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke View Post
    Had you waited you couldve got a better number
    Rookie
    He's one of the best cappers on here FYI.

AlexMalborov
    AlexMalborov's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 672

Memphis 0:2 down, this might be a good time to revive the thread.

What do you guys think? Are Grizzlies capable of pulling themselves up? MEM to win the series line is now more attractive than ever.

Smoke

Quote Originally Posted by GoBlue77 View Post
    He's one of the best cappers on here FYI.
    True but facts are facts. Had he waited he could of got a better number

+115 down 2-0

Smoke

First 123 Last