BennyBigNuts
    BennyBigNuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1078

Your 2013 Cy Young award winner. Matt Harvey. But we were on this before the hype.

For anyone about to hop on the Matt Harvey bus and slurp him as the best pitcher in the NL, Ya'll are about 5 weeks late.
    Look, we been knowed this shit- (That's my Russian Rocket shoutout, see if he gets it.)

We been posting bout this kid all over. Konck, Easyliving I believe, I think You_Mad_Bro and a couple other guys I can't think of off the top of my head. I threw it out there in Deemer and Dugger's mlb thread somewhere for sure.

For anyone who hasn't watched this guy pitch this year, you definitely need to watch a game so you can grasp what a rare breed of animal he is.
    He has a vintage 1985 Doc Gooden approach: HIGH HEAT and FEARLESS.
    This style is rare these days, as the steroids and quicker bats make high fastballs way more vulnerable than back in the day. Pitchers use more out pitches and finesse and avoid the hot spots for a batter. He could care less. STRAIGHT BEAST

This guy is special. Baby Strappsburg label no more. Strappsburg may have been a flash?

Bump this thread in September and holler at me. This isn't hype, or hope, it's a lock barring an injury.

pattymayo
    pattymayo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 159

5 weeks late? Try 9 months late

Us Met fans knew he was legit when he came up last year

BennyBigNuts

Quote Originally Posted by pattymayo View Post

Patty you were one of the guys I couldnt think of lol. You don't post much I forgot your name. And yeah, we knew this guy was fat last year, but he's out of control right now. All I see is Doc Gooden and Roger Clemens as rookies when this guy pitches. I remember Gary Carter's glove puffing with smoke on those high heaters. Harvey gets fired up also. I've seen a few fist pumps from him already this year. I love the fiery guys.
    It sucks the Mets are so bad. Cy young winners 2 years in a row and can't win any games.

BennyBigNuts

StevenSuarez
    StevenSuarez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1630

Kid's special for sure.

daneault23
    daneault23's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4907

He is pretty good

stevex
    stevex's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11338

To bad the Mets will never amount to any thing.

TheMLBKing
    TheMLBKing's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by pattymayo View Post

this. Not a Mets fan, but I faded him in his first career start v. the Diamondbacks. Watched him pitch that night and realized I have to start betting on this dude asap.

Monchito
    Easy Come Easy Go
    Monchito's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2485

Quote Originally Posted by BennyBigNuts View Post
    Lance Lynn !

jose21_us
    The Miami Connection
    jose21_us's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11236

I loved watching the game when him and Jose Fernandez duked it out.
    Points Awarded:

BennyBigNuts gave jose21_us 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

meximonster
    meximonster's Avatar Become A Pro!

Mets get a clean cut version of Doc Gooden I hope he doesn't blow it.

You mad bro
    You mad bro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: -23

yessir .. been saying saying this for a while .. and im not even a mets fan .. curt schilling took my words when he said matt harvey is a natural "mechanical" pitcher .. guys just good .. hope it lasts though

Bluehorseshoe
    Bluehorseshoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1551

Here.....

Wheeler is going to be good too.

DONE!!

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

yeah he is good. I think most of us have known he is good since his first major league start.

too bad he went to that shit hole college UNC. I fukkin hate the Tarheels.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

who knows how long he will be able to maintain this velocity though. So far so good.

But remember Josh Johnson was a similar style pitcher and fell off the map quick and can't stay healthy.

loodachris99
    loodachris99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4421

Finally somethin for us mets fans to get excited about

Bluehorseshoe
    Bluehorseshoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1551

Wally: Wheeler promotion may come soon
    May, 9, 2013

By Adam Rubin | ESPNNewYork.com

Las Vegas manager Wally Backman believes Zack Wheeler's big league promotion could be about two weeks away.

"Personally, I think if he has a couple of more starts like his last start he'll be headed to the big leagues, and rightfully so," Backman told Las Vegas' ESPN radio affiliate.

Wheeler, who next pitches Saturday on an extra day of rest opposite Albuquerque's Aaron Laffey, has limited his past two opponents to a combined one run on eight hits and two walks while striking out 12 in 12 2/3 innings. Wheeler last pitched Sunday, tossing six scoreless innings at Sacramento to trim his Pacific Coast League ERA to 4.00.

"It usually happens every year. There's a little bit of a slow start, you start making tweaks and adjustments and find it," Wheeler told MLB.com after Sunday's start. "I just want to carry it from here. It's baseball, you know. You gotta make those adjustments and just pitch.

"I definitely felt good. I was keeping my shoulder square to the plate, which allows me to have a bit better command, get out in front of hitters. It feels comfortable, feels good. Before, the command was off, and the mechanics allow me to hit spots a little bitter, sharpens up my pitches."

Of course, there is more consideration than performance in determining when Wheeler is promoted. The Mets are expected to wait as to not trigger an extra year of arbitration eligibility for Wheeler.

There is no set date to avoid becoming a "Super Two." Wheeler, after the 2015 season, simply must not be among the 22 percent of players who have the most MLB service time between two and three years. Imprecise estimates of what the cutoff will be range from later this month to early/mid-June.

Backman, meanwhile, created some other recent attention. When he was ejected Wednesday after arguing a call at first base, the 51s manager twice made a motion like he was ejecting the umpire.

BennyBigNuts

Harvey today:
    7 innings, 5 hits, 2 earned, 2 walks, 4 whiffs. Not his best day.
    Stuck with a no-decision that hurts for the Cy Young watch.

Other than this guy I cannot even watch this team they are so bad. Another bullpen loss today. Worst in baseball. Fukkin pigs.

BennyBigNuts

It's really fkn disgusting that a guy like this is stuck on my team- The Mets.
    He could easily be 13 or 14 and 1 right now.

This team is a fkn joke.
    They have blown 6+ leads for him now in the pen I believe it may be 7 or 8 that isn't official.

He is a master on the mound and quite possibly the best pitcher in MLB right now even as a rookie.

Anyone who hasn't watched him pitch a whole game yet is missing out on an unbelievable artist/animal.

This team is a laughing stock and needs to be sold.

There is ONE bat in the lineup- David Wright, and 7 other scrubs every night.

They will finish behind the Marlins and lose close to 100 games before the season's over.