BigDeem5
    2013-2016 NBA: 461-378-24 +52.65u
    BigDeem5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2158

Unreal call in Cle/OAK

That ball was gone, clear as day... Unreal - called it a double.

Kaabee
    Kaabee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 113

yep. i'm on oakland and i just knew those blind fukks would call it a double.

BigDeem5

Terrible call

Darkside Magick
    Black Box Algorithm
    Darkside Magick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1258

Go tribe go!!!!

easyliving
    easyliving's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11

and it was reviewed as well? How do you blow that call?

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

I had that game over 8.5 too.

konck
    Listen the toilet is flushing
    konck's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2311

Bottom feeder? Taking a shot at you?
    Deemer you pick the Giant POTM I guess the 900 gay non sports related threads made him that.
    You folded kid I'm not a bottom feeder in any way.

BigDeem5

Unreal konck, just apologize and lets move on.

Call was awful... especially after review.. Crew should all be suspended.

EmpireMaker
    EmpireMaker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 513

Quote Originally Posted by easyliving View Post
    and it was reviewed as well? How do you blow that call?
    FIX

EmpireMaker

Stevie Wonder could see that was a Homer

EmpireMaker

3 blown calls by umps (in different games) tonight

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

Saw the replay on STO

Unfukkinreal

BigDeem5

9 of 10 Smokey....

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

Deemer have you ever tried to call into all bets are off or chucks last call? Ive only got through once on chucks last call but the show ended and they never got to me

BigDeem5

Lotta buddies call into ESPN KNR and Chuck's Last Call

tto827
    tto827's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 76

Just saw it, holy hell that's an awful call. Although, if they don't have the zoomed in slow-mo available, it was hard to overturn.

thewhiteguy
    thewhiteguy's Avatar Become A Pro!

​Unfukkinreal

floridagolfer
    floridagolfer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12339

How can Major League Baseball allow any member of that umpiring crew to EVER work another game? It is not possible to look at that replay and make the call the way those four guys did. Anyone who thinks that's the worst call ever made in any game has one hell of an argument.

alamo
    Why R.E.M. and not The Go-Betweens
    alamo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10890

Suspensions will follow. Something rotten in Denmark.

Soxsfan9
    Update your status
    Soxsfan9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 91

As gamblers is does suck when it happens to the team you bet on, but imagine they lose out on a wild card spot by 0.5 of a game!

LowRollin
    LowRollin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 378

was on Oakland. I'm getting f*cked left and right by the umps this season.

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

angel hernandez . . . worst umpire in MLB

made that horrible strike 3 call in world baseball classic and made that ridiculous call last night

orisbumplut
    orisbumplut's Avatar Become A Pro!

I didn't have a horse in the race. Granted, if you look at the Oakland feed, it was a clear as day a home run. However, the Cleveland feed was a wide angle shot and it was pretty hard to tell. You have to assume they had the home town feed when deciding not to reverse it.

letsgo
    letsgo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30330

Quote Originally Posted by orisbumplut View Post
    I didn't have a horse in the race. Granted, if you look at the Oakland feed, it was a clear as day a home run. However, the Cleveland feed was a wide angle shot and it was pretty hard to tell. You have to assume they had the home town feed when deciding not to reverse it.
    I don't like either team and didn't bet the game, but all views looked very clear to me that i hit the railing.

orisbumplut

Take at look at mlb.com. They have both feeds. The first feed is Oakland and there is no question that the ball hit the railing. However, the Sports Ohio feed shows a wide angle view and you don't really see it.

Minnesota Niice
    Minnesota Niice's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by orisbumplut View Post
    Not true.. Umpires will get both teams broadcasts just so there isnt a biased opinion

ronniejamedio
    ronniejamedio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2250

http://insider.espn.go.com/mlb/blog/...dians-game-mlb

Yea I think everyone can agree this was a homerun. The umps have access to all tv feeds so no excuses. Clearly, the replay rule relies on how many cameras and the quality of the angles. So a nationally televised game would have a more accurate review of the play.

I cant for sure say games are fixed, but sometimes I think things happen in games to help an outcome turnout favorable to someone. For example, obvious play on this game was the over 8, yet the total and the juice favored the under. Why? typically because the right people are on the under therefore vegas favors it as well. I have seen these situations many times and typically stay away. However this time I played the over and A's the night before. I knew I was in trouble when I saw the weird line movement.

Whatever the case, I agree with buster that this game should be replayed at that point.

orisbumplut

They will never replay this game.

Omaga
    I GET IT...
    Omaga's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 313

Quote Originally Posted by face View Post
    angel hernandez . . . worst umpire in MLB

made that horrible strike 3 call in world baseball classic and made that ridiculous call last night
    fuckk this guy, he did the same shit on Monday too on a HR ball and yes it cost me a 5 team parlay.

BiffTFinancial
    BiffTFinancial's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5368

Quote Originally Posted by ronniejamedio View Post
    http://insider.espn.go.com/mlb/blog/...dians-game-mlb

Yea I think everyone can agree this was a homerun. The umps have access to all tv feeds so no excuses. Clearly, the replay rule relies on how many cameras and the quality of the angles. So a nationally televised game would have a more accurate review of the play.

I cant for sure say games are fixed, but sometimes I think things happen in games to help an outcome turnout favorable to someone. For example, obvious play on this game was the over 8, yet the total and the juice favored the under. Why? typically because the right people are on the under therefore vegas favors it as well. I have seen these situations many times and typically stay away. However this time I played the over and A's the night before. I knew I was in trouble when I saw the weird line movement.

Whatever the case, I agree with buster that this game should be replayed at that point.
    I thought the same thing - umps have access to all replays, making this inexcusable. However, just saw this from Jayson Stark:

Jayson Stark ‏@jaysonst
    Angel Hernandez's postgame comments hint at umpires' constant complaint about replay: They say they don't see same replay angles we see

In the name of full disclosure, I'm Tribe fan, didn't have money on game, so I was happy with result but appalled with the call. I will never understand why people assume that an error, even an egregious error, equates to a fix, though. People generally are dumb and incompetent and bad at their jobs; when an official proves to be no better or smarter or competent or better at his job than the average person, that logically results in a different conclusion (i.e., he fixed the game)? And if a game is fixed, the manner to go about it is with a bad double-vs-homer call by the 2B ump in the 9th inning? That makes zero sense. The conclusion that Angel Hernandez is a flawed human being and not a very good ump seems a lot more logical (particularly if Jayson Stark is correct that umps don't see all angles).

What i don't understand is, if umps don't see same angles that we see, why not? I have an app on my phone that lets me take my dog for a hike while watching any out of market game. Surely, getting all replay angles in front of umps immediately would not be difficult technologically.

I feel badly for anyone who lost money on A's or over. That sucks.

ronniejamedio
    ronniejamedio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2250

Quote Originally Posted by BiffTFinancial View Post
    I thought the same thing - umps have access to all replays, making this inexcusable. However, just saw this from Jayson Stark:

Jayson Stark ‏@jaysonst
    Angel Hernandez's postgame comments hint at umpires' constant complaint about replay: They say they don't see same replay angles we see

In the name of full disclosure, I'm Tribe fan, didn't have money on game, so I was happy with result but appalled with the call. I will never understand why people assume that an error, even an egregious error, equates to a fix, though. People generally are dumb and incompetent and bad at their jobs; when an official proves to be no better or smarter or competent or better at his job than the average person, that logically results in a different conclusion (i.e., he fixed the game)? And if a game is fixed, the manner to go about it is with a bad double-vs-homer call by the 2B ump in the 9th inning? That makes zero sense. The conclusion that Angel Hernandez is a flawed human being and not a very good ump seems a lot more logical (particularly if Jayson Stark is correct that umps don't see all angles).

What i don't understand is, if umps don't see same angles that we see, why not? I have an app on my phone that lets me take my dog for a hike while watching any out of market game. Surely, getting all replay angles in front of umps immediately would not be difficult technologically.

I feel badly for anyone who lost money on A's or over. That sucks.
    There is no way to completely fix a game, but who's to say a few things cant be thrown in to help a game go one way? Just my opinion and things sometimes look to work that way. It has been done in the past. A football player was paid to fumble the ball once ( cant remember who). That is obviously not going to determine the outcome of the game but it sure favors the other team. In this game, the juice went from 0ver 8 -120 to over 8 -105. Then something goes the way to favor that outcome. Dont be fooled if you think fixed games do not exist. And I'm not claiming this game had a fix in, but would not rule it out either.

BiffTFinancial
    BiffTFinancial's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5368

Quote Originally Posted by ronniejamedio View Post
    There is no way to completely fix a game, but who's to say a few things cant be thrown in to help a game go one way? Just my opinion and things sometimes look to work that way. It has been done in the past. A football player was paid to fumble the ball once ( cant remember who). That is obviously not going to determine the outcome of the game but it sure favors the other team. In this game, the juice went from 0ver 8 -120 to over 8 -105. Then something goes the way to favor that outcome. Dont be fooled if you think fixed games do not exist. And I'm not claiming this game had a fix in, but would not rule it out either.
    I didn't say that no game had ever been fixed, or that fixed games don't exist (and i disagree that there is no way to fix a game absolutely). I'm saying that it doesn't make much sense to think that this is that way that a game would be fixed (i.e., waiting to have 2B ump blow this call in the 9th). If you wanted to fix this game with an ump, you'd do it with the home plate ump, as his calls affect every play. Also, and I can't stress this enough, the time to sway a game isn't with two outs in the ninth with a call that's clearly not supported by the objective replay evidence. The position of those who believe that a fix occurred is: (1) Hernandez was bought off to fix the game (either for the under or Tribe ML), (2) people in the know about the fix put a ton of money on the under and/or the Tribe, (3) Hernandez didn't have to do anything until Rosales' deep ball, as the Tribe was winning and the game was under, and (4) Hernandez sprung into action and decided the game for the benefit of Tribe and under backers, subjecting himself to endless public ridicule for a terrible call. If there was, in fact, a lot of money involved, that seems like a pretty tenuous plan to me.

Every notable bad beat leads to a thread or two on SBR about the fix being in. I'm not naive enough to think that fixes don't exist, but frankly, looking at the facts here and assuming fix seems a bit naive to me. Also, 15c line moves on MLB totals occur simply because of a player or two being out of the lineup (or playing when they were not expected to play).
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: BigPete55

MUHerd37
    Status Your Update.
    MUHerd37's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10678

MLB just admitted the call was wrong. But it still stands.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Quote Originally Posted by Omaga View Post
    fuckk this guy, he did the same shit on Monday too on a HR ball and yes it cost me a 5 team parlay.
    Angel Hernandez is the next Tim Donaghy.... clearly.

letsgo
    letsgo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30330

Torre said wrong call and Umpires did have access to both Home and Away feeds. Hernandez should be fired.

12 Last