PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star
    PhillyFlyers's Avatar Become A Pro!

The Only Man To Ever Hand Mayweather An Ass Whooping Is Making A Comeback

Paul Spadafora is the only man to ever beat Floyd Mayweather Jr. in a boxing ring. It just didn't happen officially. It happened in a 6 round sparring session the end of which saw Money collapse with a bloody face. It was an impromptu sparring session that Money asked for, and even though it wasn't an official bout, it remains the only evidence we have that Floyd Mayweather Jr. can be defeated in a boxing ring.

So why isn't the name of Paul Spadafora a household name? Because he nearly killed himself with drugs, guns, and prison sentences.

Now, the only man to ever beat Money Mayweather inside of a boxing ring, is making a comeback.

AMBRIDGE, Pa. -- Paul Spadafora struts into Tommy Yankello's World Class Boxing Gym with a cream-colored pit bull named Baby. As the dog tugs on a chain leash, the uneasiness is palpable. Her foreboding fangs and conspicuously muscular physique epitomize every U.S. Postal Worker's worst nightmare.
    http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/mma...oxer-comeback/

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

I have a feeling that in the 14 years since that 6 round fight took place that Mayweather has gotten a lot better than Paul Spadafora did.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: RyanLeafOfBets, and Vaughany

SamDiamond
    SamDiamond's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    I have a feeling that in the 14 years since that 6 round fight took place that Mayweather has gotten a lot better than Paul Spadafora did.
    Exactly, Henry Tillman beat Mike Tyson twice as well.

Sacrelicious
    Sacrelicious's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1223

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    ^ This +1.
    Last edited by SBR Staff; 05-05-13 at 11:13 PM.

PerfectGrape
    PerfectGrape's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1887

P.K. told me that I was never going to be dunking a basketball or playing in the NFL, but had a good future in boxing,” he says. “Then we talked about why I was even in high school, so I dropped out the next day."

Feel sorry for the guy, tough upbringing, bad parents

Sacrelicious
    Sacrelicious's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1223

Unreal. The SBR staff is starting to edit my Crap Thread pictures.

pulledclear
    pulledclear's Avatar Become A Pro!

You forgot about when De La Hoya beat him. YES HE DID!

ballahollic2
    Update your status
    ballahollic2's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10716

Quote Originally Posted by pulledclear View Post
    You forgot about when De La Hoya beat him. YES HE DID!
    He didn't but Castillo did in the first fight

Monitor-Tan
    Tony Romo of Daily Fantasy
    Monitor-Tan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 428

Lol, over under 1.5 rounds

SportsPedagogy
    SportsPedagogy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 266

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2344

didn't this POS shoot his gf in a gas station parking lot?

opie1988
    I have a MAJOR fukkin clue..
    opie1988's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1012

Quote Originally Posted by Chi_archie View Post
    didn't this POS shoot his gf in a gas station parking lot?
    Black on Black crime.

Nothing to see here.

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

bobby heenan
    Update your status
    bobby heenan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 75

spadafora was at the end of his camp...floyd was essentially just walking into camp(although hes always in good shape)....its a great story for them and all....but spadafora wouldnt have beaten floyd back then and its absurd for them to think they even have a chance of landing a fight with him now

that sparring session has been fodder for floyd haters on hardcore boxing forums for years... basically you had floyd who was in the early stages of camp going toe to toe with a good fighter for 6 rounds...he got a bloody nose and was gassed in the end.....floyd wouldnt have let a real fight between the two play out like that

MD
    MD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 254

Quote Originally Posted by bobby heenan View Post
    spadafora was at the end of his camp...floyd was essentially just walking into camp(although hes always in good shape)....its a great story for them and all....but spadafora wouldnt have beaten floyd back then and its absurd for them to think they even have a chance of landing a fight with him now

that sparring session has been fodder for floyd haters on hardcore boxing forums for years... basically you had floyd who was in the early stages of camp going toe to toe with a good fighter for 6 rounds...he got a bloody nose and was gassed in the end.....floyd wouldnt have let a real fight between the two play out like that
    Why do you insist on defending Floyd at every possible turn? You white knight him with seemingly every post you make. I suspect you are related to him.

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

Hype Hype Hype

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

I thought 50 Cent whooped his ass when they were messing about in ring once as well? That was why they broke up!

bobby heenan
    Update your status
    bobby heenan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 75

Quote Originally Posted by MD View Post
    Why do you insist on defending Floyd at every possible turn? You white knight him with seemingly every post you make. I suspect you are related to him.
    because people go out of their way to shit on him at every turn and they just dont get it...ive been a fan since he was an amatuer...hes my favorite fighter...he takes so much unnecessary shit from people who just cant stand him for one reason or another.....used to have to listen to pac fans on hardcore boxing forums shit on this guy all the time....these same people have disappeared and have aliases and still try to discredit the guy.....

i dont have a problem with spadafora being proud of his session with floyd....but for an article to say "the only man to defeat floyd mayweather in a boxing ring......evidence floyd can be beaten" is ridiculous....

MD
    MD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 254

Quote Originally Posted by bobby heenan View Post
    because people go out of their way to shit on him at every turn and they just dont get it...ive been a fan since he was an amatuer...hes my favorite fighter...he takes so much unnecessary shit from people who just cant stand him for one reason or another.....used to have to listen to pac fans on hardcore boxing forums shit on this guy all the time....these same people have disappeared and have aliases and still try to discredit the guy.....

i dont have a problem with spadafora being proud of his session with floyd....but for an article to say "the only man to defeat floyd mayweather in a boxing ring......evidence floyd can be beaten" is ridiculous....
    Floyd does get a lot of unnecessary shit, I agree. He's an extremely hard worker and deserves everything he has.

You're not really helping the cause, though, I think. Floyd doesn't need guys to defend him or sing his praises on internet forums. The best way I can describe how you seem to come off is to point you in the direction of the diehard Pacquiao fans that littered internet forums for years and insisted that he'd KO Mayweather if they fought, in every single post they made.