iQon
    iQon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 123

Quote Originally Posted by YouHave2outs View Post
    the topps rated rookie card or whatever is definitely worth more than that.
    There's a graded Gem Mint on eBay right now for less than $10.

Who in their right mind is paying more than $10 for that card?

Colin Kaepernick
    Colin Kaepernick's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by iQon View Post
    There's a graded Gem Mint on eBay right now for less than $10.

Who in their right mind is paying more than $10 for that card?
    what card is going for 10$?

Mine is worth 175$

TheCentaur
    TheCentaur's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 68

These card companies keep coming up with crazy new stuff

Bottom line if it's new and classified as collectible, it isn't

Anyone remember when people were paying $1000s for rare Beanie Babies? lol

Deuce
    Eddie Mush
    Deuce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3519

Quote Originally Posted by The Samurai View Post
    Good call Deuce!!
    Huh?

Double Bogey
    Double Bogey's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1472

Quote Originally Posted by Colin Kaepernick View Post

Mine is worth 175$
    No, you PAID $175 for your card. It is worth whatever someone else will pay you for it.

The Samurai
    The Samurai's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 326

Would you guys please leave Kappy the fugg alone.Quit shitting on his good time . I don't remember him asking for the doosh squad to step in and and set him straight on his purchase. Posey is possibly a hof'er and you turds speculating on what the market will be for his card down the road is exactly that. Speculation!! I'm sure when you're not on here hating, you're out punching old ladies in the face or masturbating to videos of Hitler and Stalin. You got a be a real evil prick to talk shit about an auto Posey refracted card. Go to hell the lot a you!!!

drfunkmaster
    printing it
    drfunkmaster's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1065

Quote Originally Posted by Colin Kaepernick View Post

Mine is worth 175$
    get it graded by beckett, Value will increase dramatically on it if you get 9.5 . Then is a good investment... I can get a grand for my card. your card is raw, it is worth what ever. $175 to you cause you paid that. Get it graded, hope you get 9.5 and the resale value will go up. i did that with many crosby cards, bought them raw sent to beckett and and then sold them for 3 times the value.

TheCentaur
    TheCentaur's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 68

How does Robert Byrd keep getting to ref these big fights?

Double Bogey
    Double Bogey's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1472

Quote Originally Posted by The Samurai View Post
    Would you guys please leave Kappy the fugg alone.Quit shitting on his good time . I don't remember him asking for the doosh squad to step in and and set him straight on his purchase. Posey is possibly a hof'er and you turds speculating on what the market will be for his card down the road is exactly that. Speculation!! I'm sure when you're not on here hating, you're out punching old ladies in the face or masturbating to videos of Hitler and Stalin. You got a be a real evil prick to talk shit about an auto Posey refracted card. Go to hell the lot a you!!!
    Wow, you have anger issues. Are you the guys brother or something? He should be thankful for many of the responses in this thread as they will help him.

YouHave2outs
    YouHave2outs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 198

http://compare.ebay.com/like/2212071...ypes&var=sbar#

for what a 'collector' will pay for it, it is worth over 10 dollars. whatever, i have like 10 of them from when i was way younger and they clearly used to be worth a lot more.

now would be the time to buy cards and sets though if you're interested in that type of thing because not very many sets are being produced. in the late 80s and on into the early 00s the cards were so overproduced that the value was reduced drastically once the economy hit the crapper.

spankie
    Long Live Rodney!
    spankie's Avatar Become A Pro!

Definitely overpaid.

$100 tops.

Congrats on your autographed piece of cardboard.

Gonz312
    Keep It Simple Stupid
    Gonz312's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8406

The sports card industry is in the toilet. The card you have may be limited to 25 but there are hundreds more that look exactly like it that are "limited" to 1, 5, 10, 15, 50, 100 and so on but only difference is in the color of foil used. Only 1% of the cards produced today are cards worth holding onto and I hate to say that Topps probably doesn't make any of them because they are the worst when it comes to slapping a low serial number on a card that they really produced 100s of.

Wulfman14
    The Great Khali
    Wulfman14's Avatar Become A Pro!

I used to be fanatical about my collection. Had a Larry bird topps rookie card my old man got me from some guy on the streets in manhattan . He got it for ten bucks. I checked the value in becketts and it was listed at 400 bones. But the whole industry has gone down the shit hole. Also have about a hundred Jordans that were worth at least 500. Probably wouldn't be able to get more then 100 bucks for everything now. But this thread has opened up my curiosity . I'm going to get my box of cards and see what the high valued ones in the late 90s go for now. I doubt very much.
    Last edited by Wulfman14; 05-05-13 at 03:51 AM.

First 12