d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21629

Comcast SportsNet fires female reporter for accidentally saying 'sex'

Unreal. She is fired due to an innocent slip of the tongue, but Kendall Gill is only suspended for punching a colleague in the face. I hope she has a case to sue them.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/busine...,3134722.story

tto827
    tto827's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 76

Look at her old stuff. You can't really tie your name as a news organization to a woman who has previously done that.

Not fair, but it is what it is in today's world.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by tto827 View Post
    Look at her old stuff. You can't really tie your name as a news organization to a woman who has previously done that.

Not fair, but it is what it is in today's world.
    Nonsense. The 'old stuff' you refer to has been on Youtube since February 2010. That's how they knew about her in the first place. They don't have internet at Comcast? That's just a pretext. Besides, those videos are comedy. They basically helped launch her career and now it's a problem? I call BS.

tto827
    tto827's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 76

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    Nonsense. The 'old stuff' you refer to has been on Youtube since February 2010. That's how they knew about her in the first place. They don't have internet at Comcast? That's just a pretext. Besides, those videos are comedy. They basically helped launch her career and now it's a problem? I call BS.
    I agree its BS. But now that those videos are popular, they want to cut ties, and they have the right to do that. Not fair, but she doesn't have a case.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

Not worth a firing.

I/O
    I/O's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm sure the Hawks did their due diligence. She will have no lawsuit.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by I/O View Post
    I'm sure the Hawks did their due diligence. She will have no lawsuit.
    They fired her less than 1 day after her slip of the tongue. How much due diligence could they have done?

That guy AJ Clemente curses on air and sounds like a moron, but he gets national coverage and support. The difference here is clear sexism. Another local sportscaster, a male, said 'oyster' and he's still on the air. Gender discrimination.

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

yeah that's retarded. it was at a blackhawks game and she didn't even say blackcocks. she just said sex...

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

http://deadspin.com/csn-chicago-fire...ex-c-488248089

Comcast knew about Sports Nutz. Collins boasted about it in her resume before she was hired. It basically helped launch her career, but now suddenly that's why she was fired? Makes no sense whatsoever.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

http://www.chicagonow.com/chicago-sp...lins-fired-721

This looks right. The 'sex' slip and the old videos were pretext. The Blackhawks wanted her fired because she dared hint at anything critical of the team. Now it makes more sense.

ChalkyDog
    Buy the ticket, take the ride.
    ChalkyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

She'll get a better job as a result.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

I don't see how should could slip up and say sex though? Clearly that's what she was thinking about. Possibly she hasn't been doing her job properly in the past??? And she was warned? And the sex word was the last straw. Who knows?

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    I don't see how should could slip up and say sex though? Clearly that's what she was thinking about. Possibly she hasn't been doing her job properly in the past??? And she was warned? And the sex word was the last straw. Who knows?
    You don't see how one could slip up on the word 'success' and say sex? Seems perfectly plausible to me. I do think she was warned for critical comments of the Blackhawks team. This one:

You know it's a bad game when the 1st intermission interview is scrapped. #Yikes

Blackhawks don't want some chick being critical of their team.

I/O
    I/O's Avatar Become A Pro!

Like I said, there won't be any lawsuits