easyliving
    easyliving's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11

Should George Karl be fired if Denver is bounced in the first round again?

as solid a coach he is he has had so many talented teams over the years and keeps getting bounced in the first round. People might say he had no star this year however he had Melo for all those years and the furthest he got was the West finals once. His fast paced pushing the ball method might work in the regular season however in the playoffs teams adjust according to it and they will not win anything with him as coach. They have a very talented team overall and they probably should go in another direction however it is very unlikely that Denver would let him go.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

He could be. Mark Jackson shouldn't out coach him. But... I guess he's never been a playoff coach?

Seto
    Jose Mourinho: simply the best
    Seto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2560

Why? He did a good job getting 57 wins with that dogshit team. Them and Utah have misleading records because of homecourt/altitude. Utah is a 35 win team. Denver is a 45 win team.

They are 19-22 on the road. Why should they be expected to win at Oracle which is probably one of the hardest places to win at in the playoffs? They are relying on Ty Lawson to win a playoff game for them on the road.

ChiLLx
    ChiLLx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9184

Not sure what it is about Carl teams that always fizzle in the playoffs. Even with Carmelo he had a "go to guy" and it didn't matter.

NYSportsGuy210
    NYSportsGuy210's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 131

Oracle Arena and the Northern California / Bay Area fans are probably the most passionate in the NBA. Those Asian computer science geeks really love their NBA and bring it as a crowd for the last two decades.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4315

Quote Originally Posted by ChiLLx View Post
    Not sure what it is about Carl teams that always fizzle in the playoffs. Even with Carmelo he had a "go to guy" and it didn't matter.
    No defense.

Seto

May have exaggerated with 45, probably 50 but still, they aren't that good. Clippers or even Memphis would handle them easily. Hell, Golden State is handling them.

tto827
    tto827's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 76

Quote Originally Posted by ChiLLx View Post
    Melo will never be "the guy" on a team that accomplishes anything in the playoffs.

MUHerd37
    Status Your Update.
    MUHerd37's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10678

Quote Originally Posted by onlooker View Post
    No defense.
    Exactly. Heard this a bunch before the playoffs began and it's totally true. Golden State doesn't even have their All-Star center. Pretty pathetic effort by Denver.

TwoWays
    TwoWays's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3608

Missing Gallo is hurting there spacing, no doubt. He gets a pass.

Sumalia
    Sumalia's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1376

No,the team should be disbanded. Why is it George Karl's fault? If Phil Jackson was playing with this garbage for players he wouldn't have made the playoffs.

Seto

It must be added that they are not only losing to Golden State, they are losing to them in 2 straight games David Lee didn't even play in.

Nuggets

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

Quote Originally Posted by TwoWays View Post
    Missing Gallo is hurting there spacing, no doubt. He gets a pass.

Ralphie1412
    You Come at the King You Best Not Miss
    Ralphie1412's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1209

nope

easyliving

and their bounced

Git Lo
    Git Lo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13197

Na hes a very good coach. Losing Gallo was a huge blow and who are they going to replace him with anyway?

StateChamp
    Dr Phil Nation
    StateChamp's Avatar Become A Pro!

needs to retire for his own health
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: trevor123698

Billy M
    Billy M's Avatar Become A Pro!

he's just not a good Playoff coach ! Compare him to Nfl's Andy Reid, good regular season not so much in Playoffs !

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7345

actually he should be shot.

frostno98
    frostno98's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 648

George Karl should coached Denver until the day he dies. Love the guy, can't do in a league where the Superstars get all the calls.

bubblebuttluv
    Derek Jeter, the best shortstop ever.
    bubblebuttluv's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1897

Fire George Karl? Come on bro, he is a top 3 coach in the league along with Rivers and Popovich.

Jago2008
    SoCal Living
    Jago2008's Avatar Become A Pro!

Yeah George Karl is a good coach, Denver is lucky to have a coach with experience and "prowess" like Karl. I do think the players respect him, I mean c'mon weren't they like 35-4 at home this year? Any owner would sign that coach to an extension, he's filling seats.

Jago2008
    SoCal Living

Quote Originally Posted by Jago2008 View Post
    Yeah George Karl is a good coach, Denver is lucky to have a coach with experience and "prowess" like Karl. I do think the players respect him, I mean c'mon weren't they like 35-4 at home this year? Any owner would sign that coach to an extension, he's filling seats.
    38-3 at home.... that's ridiculous, with that said tonight was a tough loss for Denver.

frostno98

Quote Originally Posted by Jago2008 View Post
    The Warriors has only been in the playoffs 3 times since 1995 I'm grateful as a Nuggets fans to have GK. In the NBA, just enjoy the season for what it's worth because at the end of the day the team with the best Individual players in the entire NBA will always hoist the trophy.

Jago2008
    SoCal Living

Quote Originally Posted by frostno98 View Post
    The Warriors has only been in the playoffs 3 times since 1995 I'm grateful as a Nuggets fans to have GK. In the NBA, just enjoy the season for what it's worth because at the end of the day the team with the best Individual players in the entire NBA will always hoist the trophy.
    well said, I dont' have to add anything else.

easyliving

Quote Originally Posted by Billy M View Post
    he's just not a good Playoff coach ! Compare him to Nfl's Andy Reid, good regular season not so much in Playoffs !
    what are you talking about Andy Reid went to FIVE(5) Nfc championship games thats very impressive considering the parity in the NFL. This is a horrible comparison.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

George Karl shouldn't be fired, but he also shouldn't be considered a great coach either. He may be a top 10 coach, and above average, and that's about it. No one should be excited about his teams as championship contenders, because its just not true no matter what they do in the regular season.

I/O
    I/O's Avatar Become A Pro!

Making the playoffs in this shit league shouldn't really be considered a great accomplishment.

Didn't Milwaukee just can their coach?

frostno98

Quote Originally Posted by I/O View Post
    Making the playoffs in this shit league shouldn't really be considered a great accomplishment.

Didn't Milwaukee just can their coach?
    I would can him too. They made the playoffs with a losing record, the NBA had no choice but to put them in the playoffsHopefully GK coached the Nuggets for another 20 years, he's still only in his 60's.

James D
    James D's Avatar Become A Pro!

Last 14 years his playoff record in round one is 2-11. Thats pretty brutal.

His win pct for his career

Reg season .599
    playoffs .436

When you win 60% of your reg season games that translates to a 49-33 reg season so he probably gets a pretty winnable first round matchup.
    The last nine years he either won his division or took second and went 1-8 in first round of the playoffs in those years.

I dont hate the guy but lots of guys have kept their jobs at the expense of George Karl coached teams.

frostno98

Don't mess with a good thing, there's a ton of teams out their that are dying to just back in the playoffs even if it's an early exit. The NBA is a very long season, so as a fan having a great regular season winning coach is a good thing. I rather be entertain for good 3-4 months of winnings, then put all my expectations in the playoffs.

I/O
    I/O's Avatar Become A Pro!

Don't mess with a good thing, there's a ton of teams out their that are dying to just back in the playoffs even if it's an early exit. The NBA is a very long season, so as a fan having a great regular season winning coach is a good thing. I rather be entertain for good 3-4 months of winnings, then put all my expectations in the playoffs.
    Ok.

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

yea nuggets covered the number at home a lot this year. i like him

Ratzz
    Ratzz's Avatar Become A Pro!

no. he has a nice and friendly face.

he should not be fired

JM92
    JM92's Avatar Become A Pro!

He's a system coach, although one I can respect. I was mad at him for the first four games but he did try in the last two to make something happen. Still was too late to make adjustments in my opinion.

12 Last