1. #1
    TodaysAction
    http://www.winningwithtodaysaction.net/
    TodaysAction's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 08-01-08
    Posts: 12,762

    Thank You Prime Minister Kevin Rudd of Australia

    Prime Minister Kevin Rudd - Australia

    Muslims who want to live under Islamic Sharia law were told on Wednesday
    to get out of Australia , as the government targeted radicals in a bid to
    head off potential terror attacks..

    Separately, Howard angered some Australian Muslims on Wednesday by saying
    he supported spy agencies monitoring the nation's mosques..


    Quote:
    "IMMIGRANTS, NOT AUSTRALIANS, MUST ADAPT. Take It Or Leave It. I am tired
    of this nation worrying about whether we are offending some individual or
    their culture. Since the terrorist attacks on Bali , we have experienced a
    surge in patriotism by the majority of Australians."

    "This culture has been developed over two centuries of struggles, trials
    and victories by millions of men and women who have sought freedom. We speak
    mainly ENGLISH, not Spanish, Lebanese, Arabic, Chinese, Japanese,
    Russian, or any other language. Therefore, if you wish to become part of our
    society, Learn the Language!"

    "Most Australians believe in God. This is not some Christian, right wing,
    political push, but a fact, because Christian men and women, on Christian
    principles, founded this nation, and this is clearly documented. It is
    certainly appropriate to display it on the walls of our schools. If
    God offends
    you, then I suggest you consider another part of the world as your new
    home, because God is part of our culture."

    "We will accept your beliefs, and will not question why. All we ask is
    that you accept ours, and live in harmony and peaceful enjoyment with us."

    "This is OUR COUNTRY, OUR LAND, and OUR LIFESTYLE, and we will allow you
    every opportunity to enjoy all this. But once you are done complaining,
    whining, and griping about Our Flag, Our Pledge, Our Christian beliefs, or Our
    Way of Life, I highly encourage you take advantage of one other great
    Australian freedom, THE RIGHT TO LEAVE."

    "If you aren't happy here then LEAVE. We didn't force you to come here.
    You asked to be here. So accept the country YOU accepted."

    Finally, someone in power had the stones to say what's been needing to be said for a long time. Going to now give some serious thought to relocating/retiring there if things in America don't improve.

  2. #2
    pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 04-12-07
    Posts: 72,469

    I wonder if the Hasidic Jews will be targeted next. They wear turbans and have long beards too.
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 05/10/2021

    $20
    Angelman
    donation 02/15/2021


  3. #3
    Slim
    Slim's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 11-13-08
    Posts: 4,723

    I really like Australia. I know they kicked out all the blacks like 20 years ago and now they're getting rid of the muslims. Australia may be my new home.

  4. #4
    Willie Bee
    Willie Bee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 02-14-06
    Posts: 15,817
    Betpoints: 121

    Rudd's has pretty much spoken his mind the whole way in politics, lots of people will tell you he's a bit of a pompous 'my way or the highway' guy. Don't disagree with a word he said really on this issue, also didn't disagree with Dumbya when he said, "You're either fer us or a'gin us" back in '02. Still the bottom line is nobody should expect any civil law to mirror exactly one religious ideaology or another, just expect to have their own freedom to worship or not worship.

  5. #5
    Squirrel
    Nutty Punter
    Squirrel's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 06-11-09
    Posts: 1,316
    Betpoints: 222

    I have no problems with them worshipping whoever they want to, and living by their own rules, as long as they dont do it in a country at the expense of other religious groups.

    We aint even allowed to hang England flags out of the window anymore for fear of upsetting muslims and provoking racial tensions.

  6. #6
    pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 04-12-07
    Posts: 72,469

    I had a great time in Athens recently. City of 3 million people not a single mosque to be found.
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 05/10/2021

    $20
    Angelman
    donation 02/15/2021


  7. #7
    Mendozaaaa
    Mendozaaaa's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 07-22-09
    Posts: 391

    sweet! Krud still has a lame, soft stance on immigration boat people compared to Howard's government!

  8. #8
    Willie Bee
    Willie Bee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 02-14-06
    Posts: 15,817
    Betpoints: 121

    Squirrel, move to Texas. You can hang any damn flag you want out your window.

    Get homeowners insurance just in case though, ok?

  9. #9
    ACoochy
    Am i serious? Are you serious?
    ACoochy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 08-19-09
    Posts: 13,951
    Betpoints: 2191

    Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    I wonder if the Hasidic Jews will be targeted next. They wear turbans and have long beards too.
    Finally my country is beginning to untie the shackles of conservatism that has plagued its social ethos for the previous decade. We are so by far the luckiest country in the world. Pavy, we are talking extremist elements here but i will concede your point. This is a issue that has been simmering in this country for some years now and i for one am glad to see a prime minister tackling the issue in the hope that a common middle ground for minorities vs general populace can be reached. I want nothing more than for these people to assimilate as smoothly as is possible but if they come here with ill intent then hell yeah we dont want them....

    The document was blunt and to the point. We no longer want this US type culture of fear that conservative ideology has brung upon us. Rudd may not look like much but from what ive learned of him he is very close to a political mastermind and im sure he has solely this countries long term best interests at heart when such non direct yet to the point personalisations....

  10. #10
    capitalist pig
    capitalist pig's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-25-07
    Posts: 4,623

    Well done Australia!

    later

  11. #11
    pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 04-12-07
    Posts: 72,469

    Do you really believe that the radicals are devout Muslims? Most terrorists have european features, smoke and drink and are usually educated in western universities. Look at all the terrorist masterminds. The 50 year old immigrant who came to Australia from a village and is a devout Muslim is not going to plant a bomb and plot a terrorist attack.
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 05/10/2021

    $20
    Angelman
    donation 02/15/2021


  12. #12
    ACoochy
    Am i serious? Are you serious?
    ACoochy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 08-19-09
    Posts: 13,951
    Betpoints: 2191

    Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    Do you really believe that the radicals are devout Muslims? Most terrorists have european features, smoke and drink and are usually educated in western universities. Look at all the terrorist masterminds. The 50 year old immigrant who came to Australia from a village and is a devout Muslim is not going to plant a bomb and plot a terrorist attack.

    I believe that radicals are those who serve a ill mannered will against the common interest, not the watered down, perceptually inept definition the media would have us believe by labelling a few as many. And yeah the 99.8% of the 50yo immigrants that come here do so for the right reasons, but its a small minority of those older individuals that have a social responsibility to the community (eg Taj Din al-Hilali, respected 50+yo LEADER of his respective cultural community) who come out on national television and make statements with ill thought and that 'culturally challenge' (ie if a female says no to sex then she's not really saying no...i mean wtf is up with saying that as though its an acceptable way of life in the public spotlight??) the mindset of the average person and from where this individuals perspective stands designed to plant the seeds for the ethos of radicalisation if nothing is done about it.....Not something i want as call me captain obvious here but arent we designed as equals???

  13. #13
    mathdotcom
    mathdotcom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 03-24-08
    Posts: 11,691
    Betpoints: 1794

    Obviously true everything Rudd said...... except he didn't say it.

    You won't find a credible source anywhere, son.

  14. #14
    ACoochy
    Am i serious? Are you serious?
    ACoochy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 08-19-09
    Posts: 13,951
    Betpoints: 2191

    Quote Originally Posted by TodaysAction View Post
    Prime Minister Kevin Rudd - Australia

    Muslims who want to live under Islamic Sharia law were told on Wednesday
    to get out of Australia , as the government targeted radicals in a bid to
    head off potential terror attacks..

    Separately, Howard angered some Australian Muslims on Wednesday by saying
    he supported spy agencies monitoring the nation's mosques..


    Quote:
    "IMMIGRANTS, NOT AUSTRALIANS, MUST ADAPT. Take It Or Leave It. I am tired
    of this nation worrying about whether we are offending some individual or
    their culture. Since the terrorist attacks on Bali , we have experienced a
    surge in patriotism by the majority of Australians."

    "This culture has been developed over two centuries of struggles, trials
    and victories by millions of men and women who have sought freedom. We speak
    mainly ENGLISH, not Spanish, Lebanese, Arabic, Chinese, Japanese,
    Russian, or any other language. Therefore, if you wish to become part of our
    society, Learn the Language!"

    "Most Australians believe in God. This is not some Christian, right wing,
    political push, but a fact, because Christian men and women, on Christian
    principles, founded this nation, and this is clearly documented. It is
    certainly appropriate to display it on the walls of our schools. If
    God offends
    you, then I suggest you consider another part of the world as your new
    home, because God is part of our culture."

    "We will accept your beliefs, and will not question why. All we ask is
    that you accept ours, and live in harmony and peaceful enjoyment with us."

    "This is OUR COUNTRY, OUR LAND, and OUR LIFESTYLE, and we will allow you
    every opportunity to enjoy all this. But once you are done complaining,
    whining, and griping about Our Flag, Our Pledge, Our Christian beliefs, or Our
    Way of Life, I highly encourage you take advantage of one other great
    Australian freedom, THE RIGHT TO LEAVE."

    "If you aren't happy here then LEAVE. We didn't force you to come here.
    You asked to be here. So accept the country YOU accepted."

    Finally, someone in power had the stones to say what's been needing to be said for a long time. Going to now give some serious thought to relocating/retiring there if things in America don't improve.

    Todaysaction, feel like a tool 4 bringing u up on this (what with 5000+ posts) but are you able to dispel mathdotcom comment and provide a reference to the article written?

  15. #15
    ZXCVBNM
    Crew/Fire over 2.5
    ZXCVBNM's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 09-17-08
    Posts: 1,027

    LOL @ a president of any civilized country saying this.

    I must thank Rudd however for providing tons of material for Chasers War On Everything, which is a fine program and probably the only Australian TV show I've ever watched.

  16. #16

  17. #17
    mathdotcom
    mathdotcom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 03-24-08
    Posts: 11,691
    Betpoints: 1794

    lol

    Do you not know what a source is?

    Is SBR a source?
    Is Wikipedia a source?
    Is some no name website a source?

    No no no

    In this case, a newspaper. A printed newspaper.

  18. #18
    InTheHole
    InTheHole's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 04-28-08
    Posts: 15,244

    Read the article as they cite newspapers.

  19. #19
    mathdotcom
    mathdotcom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 03-24-08
    Posts: 11,691
    Betpoints: 1794

    Haha
    I actually look at your 'source' and what do I find....... look at the last paragraph.


  20. #20
    jon101
    jon101's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 11-05-07
    Posts: 615
    Betpoints: 24

    sounds good we'd be better off deporting and arresting illegals.

  21. #21
    Jimmy0607
    Jimmy0607's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 04-09-09
    Posts: 7,787
    Betpoints: 282

    Quote Originally Posted by todaysaction View Post
    prime minister kevin rudd - australia muslims who want to live under islamic sharia law were told on wednesday to get out of australia , as the government targeted radicals in a bid to head off potential terror attacks.. Separately, howard angered some australian muslims on wednesday by saying he supported spy agencies monitoring the nation's mosques.. Quote: "immigrants, not australians, must adapt. Take it or leave it. I am tired of this nation worrying about whether we are offending some individual or their culture. Since the terrorist attacks on bali , we have experienced a surge in patriotism by the majority of australians." "this culture has been developed over two centuries of struggles, trials and victories by millions of men and women who have sought freedom. We speak mainly english, not spanish, lebanese, arabic, chinese, japanese, russian, or any other language. Therefore, if you wish to become part of our society, learn the language!" "most australians believe in god. This is not some christian, right wing, political push, but a fact, because christian men and women, on christian principles, founded this nation, and this is clearly documented. It is certainly appropriate to display it on the walls of our schools. If god offends you, then i suggest you consider another part of the world as your new home, because god is part of our culture." "we will accept your beliefs, and will not question why. All we ask is that you accept ours, and live in harmony and peaceful enjoyment with us." "this is our country, our land, and our lifestyle, and we will allow you every opportunity to enjoy all this. But once you are done complaining, whining, and griping about our flag, our pledge, our christian beliefs, or our way of life, i highly encourage you take advantage of one other great australian freedom, the right to leave." "if you aren't happy here then leave. We didn't force you to come here. You asked to be here. So accept the country you accepted." finally, someone in power had the stones to say what's been needing to be said for a long time. Going to now give some serious thought to relocating/retiring there if things in america don't improve.
    amen!

  22. #22
    rookie
    rookie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 10-01-05
    Posts: 682
    Betpoints: 18

    As pointed by mathdotcom, Kevin Rudd never said that.

    He has been busy apologizing though. Aborigines last year and now 'forgotten Australians'.

    http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp...VukcTT5NEODkiQ

    Australia to apologise for institutional child abuse
    (AFP) – Aug 29, 2009

    CANBERRA — Australia said Sunday it would formally apologise to generations of children abused while in state care, in a gesture similar to last year's acknowledgment of past injustices suffered by Aborigines.
    The apology would help address terrible wrongs inflicted on the so-called "forgotten Australians" who were abused in orphanages and public institutions that were supposed to protect them, Families Minister Jenny Macklin said.
    She said an estimated 500,000 people, many of them child migrants from Britain, had been abused or neglected while in state care over the past 100 years.
    "This is a significant national step in the healing process for forgotten Australians and former child migrants," she said in a statement.
    "Many former child migrants and other children who were in institutions, their families and the wider community have suffered from a system that did not adequately provide for, or protect children in its care."
    A Senate inquiry in 2004 recommended the apology.
    Macklin said it would be delivered by Prime Minister Kevin Rudd and the government would seek opposition support to make it a bipartisan gesture.
    In February 2008, Rudd apologised to Aboriginal people for centuries of injustice, including the "stolen generations" of indigenous children taken from their families and placed in foster care with white families or institutions.
    The apology was widely applauded at the time but Rudd's centre-left government has since been criticised for failing to follow up the gesture by improving the live of Aborigines, Australia's most impoverished community.

  23. #23
    shantystar
    shantystar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 11-13-05
    Posts: 7,304
    Betpoints: 117

    good job prime minister.

  24. #24
    pronk
    pronk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 11-22-08
    Posts: 6,888
    Betpoints: 26

    Quote Originally Posted by TodaysAction View Post
    Prime Minister Kevin Rudd - Australia


    "IMMIGRANTS, NOT AUSTRALIANS, MUST ADAPT. Take It Or Leave It. I am tired
    of this nation worrying about whether we are offending some individual or
    their culture. Since the terrorist attacks on Bali , we have experienced a
    surge in patriotism by the majority of Australians."

    "This culture has been developed over two centuries of struggles, trials
    and victories by millions of men and women who have sought freedom. We speak
    mainly ENGLISH, not Spanish, Lebanese, Arabic, Chinese, Japanese,
    Russian, or any other language. Therefore, if you wish to become part of our
    society, Learn the Language!"

    "Most Australians believe in God. This is not some Christian, right wing,
    political push, but a fact, because Christian men and women, on Christian
    principles, founded this nation, and this is clearly documented. It is
    certainly appropriate to display it on the walls of our schools. If
    God offends
    you, then I suggest you consider another part of the world as your new
    home, because God is part of our culture."

    "We will accept your beliefs, and will not question why. All we ask is
    that you accept ours, and live in harmony and peaceful enjoyment with us."

    "This is OUR COUNTRY, OUR LAND, and OUR LIFESTYLE, and we will allow you
    every opportunity to enjoy all this. But once you are done complaining,
    whining, and griping about Our Flag, Our Pledge, Our Christian beliefs, or Our
    Way of Life, I highly encourage you take advantage of one other great
    Australian freedom, THE RIGHT TO LEAVE."

    "If you aren't happy here then LEAVE. We didn't force you to come here.
    You asked to be here. So accept the country YOU accepted."



    We need Kevin Rudd in Washington to teach our liberal bozos from the Hill how to be tough.

  25. #25
    Andy117
    Andy117's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 02-07-10
    Posts: 9,470
    Betpoints: 952

    Quote Originally Posted by pronk View Post
    We need Kevin Rudd in Washington to teach our liberal bozos from the Hill how to be tough.
    Did you actually read the whole thread?

  26. #26
    Pareto
    Pareto's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 04-10-07
    Posts: 921
    Betpoints: 34476

    Well its better than this guy

    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...te-crimes.html

    Malmo's Jews, however, do not just point the finger at bigoted Muslims and their fellow racists in the country's Neo-Nazi fringe. They also accuse Ilmar Reepalu, the Left-wing mayor who has been in power for 15 years, of failing to protect them.
    Mr Reepalu, who is blamed for lax policing, is at the centre of a growing controversy for saying that what the Jews perceive as naked anti-Semitism is in fact just a sad, but understandable consequence of Israeli policy in the Middle East.


    What a piece of shit. Appereantly he thinks its understandable that muslims attack jews, because of Israels actions.

  27. #27
    pronk
    pronk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 11-22-08
    Posts: 6,888
    Betpoints: 26

    Quote Originally Posted by Pareto View Post
    Well its better than this guy

    What a piece of shit. Appereantly he thinks its understandable that muslims attack jews, because of Israels actions.
    Very soon many European countries will pay dearly for allowing that islamic stench into Europe. They breed like rats and pretty soon Europeans will be outnumbered by these s.o.b's. Just wait and see.

  28. #28
    pronk
    pronk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 11-22-08
    Posts: 6,888
    Betpoints: 26

    Quote Originally Posted by mathdotcom View Post
    Obviously true everything Rudd said...... except he didn't say it.

    You won't find a credible source anywhere, son.
    Are you saying sbr isn't credible enough?

  29. #29
    BWest
    BWest's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 05-05-10
    Posts: 943
    Betpoints: 569

    European countries have enacted laws that give immigrants a reasonable period of time to learn to speak the national language. If you move to a country that accepts you as a citizen, learn the language, culture and history. If something in your religion or ethnicity clashes with your "new country", move somewhere else. Its obscene to think that a nation should have to tolerate cultural hijackings by newcomers.

  30. #30
    jw
    jw's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 10-25-09
    Posts: 3,968
    Betpoints: 5192

    Quote Originally Posted by TodaysAction View Post
    [COLOR=#550055]
    "Most Australians believe in God. This is not some Christian, right wing,
    political push, but a fact, because Christian men and women, on Christian
    principles, founded this nation, and this is clearly documented. It is
    certainly appropriate to display it on the walls of our schools. If
    God offends
    you, then I suggest you consider another part of the world as your new
    home, because God is part of our culture."

    "Regular church attendance" in Australia is around 16%
    So they may say that they believe - but they chose not to practice what they preach ...

    Also interesting to note that Australia was founded by Christian men and Women ...
    wasn't it in fact founded by the English as a Penal colony ... ?


  31. #31
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 07-13-09
    Posts: 19,178
    Betpoints: 5812

    Australia has the right idea. Move into MY country, and obey MY laws. I cannot count the number of times I arrested foreign males for assaulting their wives because that was the way they did it in "their" country. I reminded them that they were in the U.S, and NOT "their country", and that you either play the game by our rules and laws, or get your worthless asses thrown in jail, which is where all of these idiots ended up.

  32. #32
    crustyme
    dont i look killer?
    crustyme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 09-29-10
    Posts: 16,898
    Betpoints: 39

    whats his opinion on scum sucking touts?

Top