jfore
    jfore's Avatar Become A Pro!

I would say ray Lewis is why they almost beat them a couple years ago . rex Ryan defense is good but .Ray lewis is a leader and he is not a jet.... My question is this ..... I can see people laying off this bet but who an why in there right mind would go jets +3 .... Its almost funny to think people will bet that..............

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7683

The one thing i notice is that the ravens d played shit last week cause rex is gone and the jets d played good cause rex is there. There is a correlation between the 2 and as the season wears on you will notice that more and more. The pats will have trouble scoring on the Jets this weekend. This game should be watched not bet on. Btw I do prefer taking the under

BGboothA
    BGboothA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 212

Quote Originally Posted by wacked View Post
    Last time I checked, the Jets are not the Ravens defense.
    Your absolutely right, however, the Jets Defense with Rex Ryan > Ravens Defense without REx Ryan.

arpeggiomeister
    arpeggiomeister's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2918

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Horse View Post
    RLM is getting a lot of love here.

Remember kids comparing answers right after a test in school? If a not-so-gifted kid finds out that all the smart kids had another answer, that kid may not feel too good. But that is a very different thing than when a smart kid doesn't agree with other smart kids.

Cap the game, not the people that cap the game. Unless you really and truly are convinced that others, as a whole, are much better at it... (in which case you may also be in the wrong field).
    Words of wisdom. I am the "not so gifted kid" you refer to. I have been going pretty much on gut instinct. I watch the games and when I see something I like I go with it. Maybe it is dumb luck or a sick twist of fate, but I have been making money. The fact that I have made money drives me to this forum where there are people who understand the game much better than I do. I try to learn as much as I can and ignore the fools who who like to talk smack about anyone who disagrees with their picks.

We are here to make money... are we not? I do believe that we are ultimately resposible for our final decision but I will always seek the wisdom of those smarter than myself. If I am the smartest person in the crowd I'm hanging with the wrong people.

lakerboy

Quote Originally Posted by arpeggiomeister View Post
    Words of wisdom. I am the "not so gifted kid" you refer to. I have been going pretty much on gut instinct. I watch the games and when I see something I like I go with it. Maybe it is dumb luck or a sick twist of fate, but I have been making money. The fact that I have made money drives me to this forum where there are people who understand the game much better than I do. I try to learn as much as I can and ignore the fools who who like to talk smack about anyone who disagrees with their picks.

We are here to make money... are we not? I do believe that we are ultimately resposible for our final decision but I will always seek the wisdom of those smarter than myself. If I am the smartest person in the crowd I'm hanging with the wrong people.

dont bother with Dark Horse he is the smartest guy here just ask him

arpeggiomeister

Quote Originally Posted by BGboothA View Post
    Quick quiz - During Brady's miraculous 2007 undefeated (til the superbowl) season, what is the only team to hold Brady to less than 50% completion percentage....if you answered Rex Ryan's Baltimore Ravens you are correct.

Remember, the Ravens and KYLE BOLLER would have beaten the Patriots in week 13, if it wasn't for a phantom 4 down defensive holding call that kept Brady on the field in the fourth quarter. In fact Brady went a very unimpressive 18-38 in that game while throwing an interception. While he did get 250 yards and two touchdowns to go with it, it was by far his least impressive game of the season.

Given the history of Rex Ryan against New England, New Englands struggles Monday night against a horrible Buffalo team, New Englands defense on the downward slope. This game is a toss up @ -3 and is far from 'easy money' in my book.

GL though
    Good stuff!! I think I am going to stay away from this game. I am a Pats fan, but I don't like what I am seeing from the defense, and the offensive line concerns me too. Pats still have the offensive weapons, but it was their defense that used to keep things close enough for Brady to pull off his 4th quarter miracles. That defense is gone. I have faith that Coach B. will get these new guys in shape, but Buffalo ran all over them. This is not the same caliber team as 2007. I'll watch the game and save my money for something with a more "unfair advantage". Perhaps Redskins vs Rams, or Vikings vs Lions.

arpeggiomeister

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    dont bother with Dark Horse he is the smartest guy here just ask him
    Thanks brother. Perhaps I came off the wrong way. I agree with D.H. People need to cap things for themselves and trust their own instincts. Where I disagree is not taking other people's opinions into consideration. I quietly watch guys like LT Profits and realize there is a heck of a lot that I can learn from them.

What drives me crazy is people talking $h!t about why this or that is stupid. That is just a waste of time. Let's talk about making money! If you don't like my picks I want to know why. Maybe you know something that I don't. You can disagree with me all day long and if you have facts and figures to back what you are saying than I am more then happy to listen. I am loyal to no team. I am loyal to $$$. I will listen to anyone with an idea. If I disagree with their opinion I will share mine, but I will always try to be respectful.

Limey
    3-3 so far this season
    Limey's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 161

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    The one thing i notice is that the ravens d played shit last week cause rex is gone and the jets d played good cause rex is there. There is a correlation between the 2 and as the season wears on you will notice that more and more. The pats will have trouble scoring on the Jets this weekend. This game should be watched not bet on. Btw I do prefer taking the under
    I'll hold my hands up and say I haven't watched the Ravens/Chiefs game, but the box score doesn't suggest that the Ravens defense played 'shit'. Kansas City had eleven first downs and were held to 1.7 yards per rush, 2 of 10 third down conversions, 20 minutes time of posession. The Ravens recorded three sacks.

Of the Chiefs' 24 points, one TD was a blocked punt recovered in the endzone and another came off a play that started on the Ravens' six yard line! Hard to lay too much blame at the D's door for those...!
    Last edited by Limey; 09-19-09 at 05:13 PM. Reason: typo

Sharkl11
    Sharkl11's Avatar Become A Pro!

I like Pats

nysmoneyman
    nysmoneyman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 47

jets have a great chance here...did anyone think the bills would be in the game with NE (spread bills +11.5)...i feel the jets are a better team than the bills...it's the jets defense that will keep them in the game...NE's defense ain't the one that won superbowls...missing about four starters from last year

if i play this game it will be a 4 team teaser with the jets +17

good luck to all on sunday

SSLP
    SSLP's Avatar Become A Pro!

i will book everyone for $1 hahahaha

Glitch
    Glitch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

the jets are way improved....welker looks sloppy, their defense looks to be missing semour and bruski greatly....jets did some serious work last week against the texans on both sides of the ball....they can def. win. they are too well-rounded and too strong.

that being said....a smart coach should be able to fool and trick a rookie qb with defensive schemes, disguising coverages and whatnot...bellechic most definitely has somethin up his sleeve...then of course you have tom brady and randy moss...

i would cap the game similarly...pats -2 but i get a feeling the jets will win 24-21

pats3peat
    LETS GO PATS
    pats3peat's Avatar Become A Pro!

real talk right there

BGboothA

Quote Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
    i would cap the game similarly...pats -2 but i get a feeling the jets will win 24-21
    Does this sentence make sense to anyone else?

ntho4life
    ntho4life's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

jets +4 (buy the point is worth it) is a great pick

wacked
    wacked's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 547

Welker out, knee.

20Four7
    Timmy T = Failure
    20Four7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4120

Quote Originally Posted by pokernut9999 View Post
    If there is no value on the Jets would there not be value on the Pats ?
    Not necessarily, my ratings show the Pats as 4 points better so while there might have been value at +6.5 there certainly isn't value at -3. Right now I figure the Pats are just over 50% to win so with the juice there's no value.

rake922
    rake922's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2111

Welker being out is big

ChuteBoxe
    27+1 = 2011
    ChuteBoxe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 228

I'm on the square bus with this one. Pats (-3 @ -120). I've been listening to New York Media (WCBS, WABC, NY Post, Daily News, etc..) going crazy about Gang Green and I just can't see them winning today. The coaching staff and the QB matchup will make the difference here, IMHO.

-115 is on the board right now.

SportNut
    SportNut's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by ntho4life View Post
    jets +4 (buy the point is worth it) is a great pick
    Why not take 3.5?

lakerboy

the under is the sure call now

Italia_NYC
    Italia_NYC's Avatar Become A Pro!

Take the 4 points and root for the Mexican! I am.

BGboothA

Quote Originally Posted by BGboothA View Post
    Quick quiz - During Brady's miraculous 2007 undefeated (til the superbowl) season, what is the only team to hold Brady to less than 50% completion percentage....if you answered Rex Ryan's Baltimore Ravens you are correct.

Remember, the Ravens and KYLE BOLLER would have beaten the Patriots in week 13, if it wasn't for a phantom 4 down defensive holding call that kept Brady on the field in the fourth quarter. In fact Brady went a very unimpressive 18-38 in that game while throwing an interception. While he did get 250 yards and two touchdowns to go with it, it was by far his least impressive game of the season.

Given the history of Rex Ryan against New England, New Englands struggles Monday night against a horrible Buffalo team, New Englands defense on the downward slope. This game is a toss up @ -3 and is far from 'easy money' in my book.

GL though

SSLP

i need a loan shark asap

CashItIn
    CashItIn's Avatar Become A Pro!

wow dont you look like a ****ing idiot op

jkrap27
    jkrap27's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by SSLP View Post
    Pats are going to win by 10 at leas those +6.5 backers on the Jets are going to get hammered LT
    i guess i better knock a few cold ones down if ever i will be 'hammered'. the lady will get 'hammered' in a different way

SSLP

Quote Originally Posted by CashItIn View Post
    wow dont you look like a ****ing idiot op

not really , but i sure do hope i costed you money.

Part of posting plays is exposing yourself , i have posted much more winners than losers .

i would love to see your plays .

anyways ... who the hell are you pal ?

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

SSLP he would never say that to your face because you would blow his fukkin head off even for something as small as this slight towards you.

Pats played bad, it was the right bet

Re group for next week

SSLP

JJ thanks who knows these days , i think the Brady era is over

Karayilan9
    FENER / TRABZON
    Karayilan9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 105

SSLP is a great capper, don't get it twisted! no sh*T talking after the game! what's done is done, show a little class.
    La Ultra Morada

First 123